• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How To Get HDFC Bank Infinia & DCB Credit Card Easily - New & Upgrade

TechnoFinoTechnoFino is verified member.

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
HDFC Bank Infinia is the best credit card available in India for frequent air travellers. HDFC Bank market this credit card as an invite only card, but in reality you can actually apply for this card.
Official Eligible Income Criteria For HDFC Infinia- 43L ITR (depends on location)
DCB - 24L ITR
If you don't have ITR of 43L/24L you can still get HDFC Infinia/DCB, you have to fulfil some other criteria.
This information is not available publicly on HDFC Bank website.
Hidden Criteria For "New HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank Infinia credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 10 lakhs credit limit for this.
"New HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank DCB credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 5 lakhs credit limit for this.

If your already have a HDFC Bank credit card, then you have to upgrade your existing card to Infinia/DCB,
For Upgrade To Infinia-
1. You need minimum 8 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, fill up and attach credit card upgrade form with the email.
*Credit card upgrade form (New Version) - attached with this thread.

For Upgrade To DCB-

1. You need minimum 5 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, attach card upgrade form with the email.

Update- HDFC Bank asking for 10 lakhs limit on your existing credit card for infinia upgrade.

IMG-20220812-WA0046.jpg

So, don't be surprised if hdfc bank ask you for 10L limit. 😃

Attachments

Last edited:
Even Paid Infinia will dominate DCB LTF any day. The fees point is already cleared by many posts here, so fees is not high.

I think you don't know much about the hidden superpowers of Infinia. Let me share some amazing saving tricks with you that only Infinia card holders can enjoy:
-33.3% off on hotels booked via Smartbuy (with a limit)
-16.5% off on flights booked via Smartbuy (with a limit)
-16.5% off when buying vouchers from Gyftr (with a limit). Overview of voucher benefits: Using amazon pay (for amazon pay, you get ~13% off instead of 16.5) vouchers you can spend anywhere that accepts Amazon pay wallet payments. Using Swiggy money vouchers, you can get minimum 16.5% on swiggy orders(bonus tip: this allows you to get 16.5% off on groceries too). Similarly for various other brands for which you can buy vouchers from Gyftr.

These are the less known features to get extra discounts. For other common benefits you can easily find them in technofino review, hdfc bank site etc.

For non-imperia customers and non-high NRV customers, it takes a lot of patience to get infinia. Many people even wait for 8 years or more to get it. Even, I am waiting from 7 years (HDFC preferred + Regalia FYF) and trying to slowly reach my goal of infinia.
Not many incremental benefits from LTF DCB to paid infinia. I also had earlier offer for paid infinia but gave it a pass.
Basically it is at fees of 2500(GST) annual fees. For flights & hotels, reward rate is same(16.5% but lower limit on DCB) but no USP. You can save max 17% instant discount paying via AU royale debit card(1% cashback extra). Why bother about reward point accumulation & 70:30 redemption if you get an equivalent discount/benefit when paying cash. Groceries best combination is 25% discount on bigbasket(Indus exclusive+5% neu coins), This works out even cheaper than Dmart most of times. Swiggy groceries is anyways overpriced. Moreover, milestone benefits of DCB are non-existent in infinia. Hotels are taken care by various loyalty programs(Marriott, Accor, ITC) atleast for next 2 years, all thanks to Magnus accumulated Edge points. Why bother booking via smartbuy which are always overpriced. Flights on smartbuy are correctly priced. Domestic acceptance- DCB is good enough both offline & online, 95% success rate. Though foreign acceptance is issue but anyways who will use diners given their poor exchange rate. Other aspects, both are same.

I tried to get infinia but rejected, in the meantime I converted my existing DCB to LTF. i got magnus too, and opened Burgundy account to keep 5:4 ratio intect.
Please guys suggest should i still try for infinia?

Not many incremental benefits from LTF DCB to paid infinia. I also had earlier offer for paid infinia but gave it a pass.
Basically it is at fees of 2500(GST) annual fees. For flights & hotels, reward rate is same(16.5% but lower limit on DCB) but no USP. You can save max 17% instant discount paying via AU royale debit card(1% cashback extra). Why bother about reward point accumulation & 70:30 redemption if you get an equivalent discount/benefit when paying cash. Groceries best combination is 25% discount on bigbasket(Indus exclusive+5% neu coins), This works out even cheaper than Dmart most of times. Swiggy groceries is anyways overpriced. Moreover, milestone benefits of DCB are non-existent in infinia. Hotels are taken care by various loyalty programs(Marriott, Accor, ITC) atleast for next 2 years, all thanks to Magnus accumulated Edge points. Why bother booking via smartbuy which are always overpriced. Flights on smartbuy are correctly priced. Domestic acceptance- DCB is good enough both offline & online, 95% success rate. Though foreign acceptance is issue but anyways who will use diners given their poor exchange rate. Other aspects, both are same.
It is good to see that you have sorted your spend requirements using other cards.
There must be something special in Infinia that many expert reviewers have struggled and waited a lot to get Infinia. Even with the monthly bonus RP limit, it still makes an amazing card for mid spenders.
For me, I found the old Magnus with 1L milestone benefits better than Infinia but current Infinia is much better than current Magnus for annual spends <10L. Even today, I will keep trying for Paid Infinia until a new better card is launched for annual spends <10L (note: Already using AmEx trifecta; one of the best combo for mid spenders[<7.2L]).

Hey, I currently hold a HDFC Millennia card and it's been about 2 years since issue. At the time I had no income whatsoever but it was offered as LTF with savingsMax account and pre approved too. The limit is pretty low (75k) initially. And a couple of months back it was increased to 97k. I do earn now and also have ITR documents to show for. I pay for almost all household expenses on this card and had a few big purchases last year and spending crossed almost 11L. Since the limit is so low, I have to pay off the credit card few times before the statement even comes to avoid over limit charges. I have never defaulted on a single payment and never had any issues. I now upgraded my account to preferred and also maintain their minimum balance required. For a preferred account they have mentioned that they offer "premium" credit cards and hence I expected them to offer an upgrade to the regalia gold at minimum, and considering my spend last year they could definitely do it. More than a card upgrade I am in need of a limit increase. I also mailed the preferred banking team and grievance redressal multiple times but they seem to be helpless. The criteria for upgrade to infinia also seems to be very random judging by this thread so I can try my luck for that as well. Any suggestions?

Hey, I currently hold a HDFC Millennia card and it's been about 2 years since issue. At the time I had no income whatsoever but it was offered as LTF with savingsMax account and pre approved too. The limit is pretty low (75k) initially. And a couple of months back it was increased to 97k. I do earn now and also have ITR documents to show for. I pay for almost all household expenses on this card and had a few big purchases last year and spending crossed almost 11L. Since the limit is so low, I have to pay off the credit card few times before the statement even comes to avoid over limit charges. I have never defaulted on a single payment and never had any issues. I now upgraded my account to preferred and also maintain their minimum balance required. For a preferred account they have mentioned that they offer "premium" credit cards and hence I expected them to offer an upgrade to the regalia gold at minimum, and considering my spend last year they could definitely do it. More than a card upgrade I am in need of a limit increase. I also mailed the preferred banking team and grievance redressal multiple times but they seem to be helpless. The criteria for upgrade to infinia also seems to be very random judging by this thread so I can try my luck for that as well. Any suggestions?
HDFC Bank don't consider your Preferred Account for premium credit card offering. It is all marketing gimmick. Many other banks follow same gimmicky route to sell Relationship banking program.

Finally Got hands on Regalia gold and DCB is on its way fingers cross will update when i get hands on DCB too :)
What strings did you pull? Any pointers to get DCB LTF if I am not from one of the colleges from the List? I have good TRV with them and maintaining Imperia for last 6 months plus.. still BM and RM are crying it's difficult

HDFC Bank don't consider your Preferred Account for premium credit card offering. It is all marketing gimmick. Many other banks follow same gimmicky route to sell Relationship banking program.
Realized that. Is there literally no way to get a card upgrade now? On mailing HDFC they’re constantly asking me to fill up the upgrade form and mail it to Chennai with docs. I’m sure this is an easy route to get rejected. i just realized I even met the infinia fee waiver of 10L just using my millennia card last year. Anyone at HDFC I can mail so that they can process an upgrade basis card usage and repayment history?

Realized that. Is there literally no way to get a card upgrade now? On mailing HDFC they’re constantly asking me to fill up the upgrade form and mail it to Chennai with docs. I’m sure this is an easy route to get rejected. i just realized I even met the infinia fee waiver of 10L just using my millennia card last year. Anyone at HDFC I can mail so that they can process an upgrade basis card usage and repayment history?
I would've told you the grievance redressal way but since you've already tried, I'm sceptical about it. Only way is to send them physical request as they've asked. No harm in trying. Many people got successful using this route as well.

Hey everyone,
I'm following this thread for a few weeks now and really interested in getting DCB.

I currently hold Moneybackplus that I got pre-approved online.

Last week I visited my bank branch to enquire about upgrade and they said that for my salary(around 2L), can easily get DCB.

What they did is they filled the upgrade form available in the hdfc website and I signed it and they seem to have mailed it to Thiruvanmayur, Chennai. Today I received mail that my application was rejected due to internal criteria.

I'm currently 20, and I believe it's the reason for the rejection, is it?

Also my birthday is next month, should I mail grievance email regarding the same when I turn 21 and reapply for upgrading?

Last edited:
What strings did you pull? Any pointers to get DCB LTF if I am not from one of the colleges from the List? I have good TRV with them and maintaining Imperia for last 6 months plus.. still BM and RM are crying it's difficult
well in my case i had word with some senior management they called me from their one way number on which we cannot even call back + Did not disclose their name as said we can get your work done thats it.

Back