• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How To Get HDFC Bank Infinia & DCB Credit Card Easily - New & Upgrade

TechnoFinoTechnoFino is verified member.

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
HDFC Bank Infinia is the best credit card available in India for frequent air travellers. HDFC Bank market this credit card as an invite only card, but in reality you can actually apply for this card.
Official Eligible Income Criteria For HDFC Infinia- 43L ITR (depends on location)
DCB - 24L ITR
If you don't have ITR of 43L/24L you can still get HDFC Infinia/DCB, you have to fulfil some other criteria.
This information is not available publicly on HDFC Bank website.
Hidden Criteria For "New HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank Infinia credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 10 lakhs credit limit for this.
"New HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank DCB credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 5 lakhs credit limit for this.

If your already have a HDFC Bank credit card, then you have to upgrade your existing card to Infinia/DCB,
For Upgrade To Infinia-
1. You need minimum 8 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, fill up and attach credit card upgrade form with the email.
*Credit card upgrade form (New Version) - attached with this thread.

For Upgrade To DCB-

1. You need minimum 5 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, attach card upgrade form with the email.

Update- HDFC Bank asking for 10 lakhs limit on your existing credit card for infinia upgrade.

IMG-20220812-WA0046.jpg

So, don't be surprised if hdfc bank ask you for 10L limit. 😃

Attachments

Last edited:
So after giving it a thought, I have applied for FYF DCB just yesterday and plan to move all my spends to DCB (at least to the extent possible). Probably if within this year itself I can get an offer based on spends from HDFC to upgrade to Infinia, then will apply for Infinia.
Took the upgrade considering better reward rates when compared to Regalia and was getting it first year free anyways.
Thanks for sharing, was this a pre-approved offer ? or did you send them an email/letter requesting for FYF DCB. Just saw a comment from adi.agarwalla saying that they asked for 4L spends in last 6 months.

Thanks for sharing, was this a pre-approved offer ? or did you send them an email/letter requesting for FYF DCB. Just saw a comment from adi.agarwalla saying that they asked for 4L spends in last 6 months.
I spent less than 5k in regalia in last 6 months as it is not a rewarding card at all. And yes 4 lakhs requirement might hold true if you don't have a good TRV with HDFC.

In my case seems like my card is approved as I can see it in my mobile app already since today evening. And speaking about how I got it is a long story but to summarize I am an imperia customer with HDFC, holding salary account with them since last 8+ years and my TRV is pretty good with them. I actually asked for Infinia but as my limit on Regalia was not 10+ lakhs they didn't approve it and I demanded dcb as LTF as I have high TRV but still they only agreed for fyf.

And one thing that is for sure is that hdfc bank is now not able to push hdfc cards department at all in terms of getting super premium card. Cards team have very strict rules set like
1. dcb will be only ltf for alumni and no one else
2. Min credit limit should be 5 lakhs + for dcb
3. Salary should be over 1.75 lakhs if you hold salary account
4. For upgrades previous card should have min 4 to 5 lakhs spends in last 6 months etc

Unless you are really important customer of hdfc bank they won't even bother to push for super premium card. So better to meet some of the card team's requirement in terms of min CL and spends or salary then only you can expect a super premium card upgrade from hdfc.. Can say all of this as I have now had first hand experience and have been trying to get DCB since last 6 months and only after pushing them this time with closure of acc "dhamki" they finally agreed for just FYF not even LTF. And they valued my TRV as both me and my wife (2 months back) have salary account with hdfc (under my imperia family group)

I spent less than 5k in regalia in last 6 months as it is not a rewarding card at all. And yes 4 lakhs requirement might hold true if you don't have a good TRV with HDFC.

In my case seems like my card is approved as I can see it in my mobile app already since today evening. And speaking about how I got it is a long story but to summarize I am an imperia customer with HDFC, holding salary account with them since last 8+ years and my TRV is pretty good with them. I actually asked for Infinia but as my limit on Regalia was not 10+ lakhs they didn't approve it and I demanded dcb as LTF as I have high TRV but still they only agreed for fyf.

And one thing that is for sure is that hdfc bank is now not able to push hdfc cards department at all in terms of getting super premium card. Cards team have very strict rules set like
1. dcb will be only ltf for alumni and no one else
2. Min credit limit should be 5 lakhs + for dcb
3. Salary should be over 1.75 lakhs if you hold salary account
4. For upgrades previous card should have min 4 to 5 lakhs spends in last 6 months etc

Unless you are really important customer of hdfc bank they won't even bother to push for super premium card. So better to meet some of the card team's requirement in terms of min CL and spends or salary then only you can expect a super premium card upgrade from hdfc.. Can say all of this as I have now had first hand experience and have been trying to get DCB since last 6 months and only after pushing them this time with closure of acc "dhamki" they finally agreed for just FYF not even LTF. And they valued my TRV as both me and my wife (2 months back) have salary account with hdfc (under my imperia family group)
Appreciate the detailed response. I’m in a very similar position wrt salary account for several years and high CL on Regalia (15 lac+). But do not have any spends on Regalia and neither do I intend to considering the lack of benefits with the card.

I knew Infinia would be tough but it appears from your experience that even DCB isn’t a walk in the park. Will keep pushing them just like you had to. Was this all over the grievance email in your case? Or via RM or some other medium? Thanks

HDFC Bank Infinia is the best credit card available in India for frequent air travellers. HDFC Bank market this credit card as an invite only card, but in reality you can actually apply for this card.
Official Eligible Income Criteria For HDFC Infinia- 43L ITR (depends on location)
DCB - 24L ITR
If you don't have ITR of 43L/24L you can still get HDFC Infinia/DCB, you have to fulfil some other criteria.
This information is not available publicly on HDFC Bank website.
Hidden Criteria For "New HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank Infinia credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 10 lakhs credit limit for this.
"New HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank DCB credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 5 lakhs credit limit for this.

If your already have a HDFC Bank credit card, then you have to upgrade your existing card to Infinia/DCB,
For Upgrade To Infinia-
1. You need minimum 8 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, fill up and attach credit card upgrade form with the email.
*Credit card upgrade form (New Version) - attached with this thread.

For Upgrade To DCB-

1. You need minimum 5 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, attach card upgrade form with the email.

Update- HDFC Bank asking for 10 lakhs limit on your existing credit card for infinia upgrade.

View attachment 3378

So, don't be surprised if hdfc bank ask you for 10L limit. 😃
Sir for hdfc any channel to contact above PNO as my request for Infinia FYF with my existing DCB LTF shared limit declined from PNO, they denied for dual super premium card, I asked them for LTF infinia or FYF Infinia with existing DCB LTF bt they offered only FYF Infinia.

Hi Guys, had few queries regarding Infinia Metal :
1. My Infinia is FYF so do I still get 12.5K Reward Points for current year or will this be applicable from next year onwards on paying the annual fees?
2. How are the points credited, is it random on any date similar to Axis after every few days or do the points come once the statement is generated?
3. I had around 4K points that were transferred from Regalia First to Infinia and I transferred these to Club Vistara on 15th Aug and still the points haven’t been added, does it take long time to be credited as with Axis I transferred on 20th August evening and points were there in Club Vistara by 21st August afternoon.

Appreciate the detailed response. I’m in a very similar position wrt salary account for several years and high CL on Regalia (15 lac+). But do not have any spends on Regalia and neither do I intend to considering the lack of benefits with the card.

I knew Infinia would be tough but it appears from your experience that even DCB isn’t a walk in the park. Will keep pushing them just like you had to. Was this all over the grievance email in your case? Or via RM or some other medium? Thanks
In my case I sent email to Grievance, pno, cc escalation, even rbi ombudsman hdfc link etc along with my Rm.. But I think whatever Grievance team replied was ditto what rm kept replying. So i dont think rm has any power in this case.. Infact always received response from Grievance team first.. And even they only sent me form for upgrade and initiated my upgrade and not from RM.. So I'd say Grievance is the best way forward..

No no bro I have 2 cards. Regalia gold and DCB,
so what i am asking is in future are there any chances that i convert Regalia gold to infinia and keep DCB ??
Oo lucky you. Heard this for the first time.
If HDFC let you keep 2x Core cards now (without Tata Neu trick) then I don't think they will close your second card in future.
Still you can ask HDFC Support or Grievance team to be sure when you go for Regalia gold to Infinia upgrade in future. You can ask if they will close your second card/DCB if you upgrade Regalia Gold to Infinia.

Any trick how you got 2x core cards without getting a Tata Neu Card?

In my case I sent email to Grievance, pno, cc escalation, even rbi ombudsman hdfc link etc along with my Rm.. But I think whatever Grievance team replied was ditto what rm kept replying. So i dont think rm has any power in this case.. Infact always received response from Grievance team first.. And even they only sent me form for upgrade and initiated my upgrade and not from RM.. So I'd say Grievance is the best way forward..
True, contacting RM is the most useless option when it comes to HDFC CC upgrades.

Oo lucky you. Heard this for the first time.
If HDFC let you keep 2x Core cards now (without Tata Neu trick) then I don't think they will close your second card in future.
Still you can ask HDFC Support or Grievance team to be sure when you go for Regalia gold to Infinia upgrade in future. You can ask if they will close your second card/DCB if you upgrade Regalia Gold to Infinia.

Any trick how you got 2x core cards without getting a Tata Neu Card?
Bro no trick i had long quarel as few days back i hold MB with 3.4 L limit i did applied for Regalia gold paid via offline when i was not active on community. they rejected & later i found on this community how to fight where to mail and all after a long fight for like 2-3 weeks i got MB to Regalia gold and got call from a senior by pulling some strings..& mailing to be honest.. worked for me and i sincerely thank to all card geeks of TF community out there who guided and helped me alot especially Jatin mangla !! thumbs up for my bro!

I have mailed to grievance team. RM said not possible. Haven't received any reply yet.
Grievance is pretty slow. My first email said 3 biz days and they replied at EOD of the 3rd. My follow up email got registered 1 day later and says 5 biz days.
So assuming they reply on the 5th biz day, it's 3 + 1 + 5 = 9 biz days for basically 2 rounds of back and forth.

Also, at least in my case, they made a new service request only for my follow up email and closed the first.

Bro no trick i had long quarel as few days back i hold MB with 3.4 L limit i did applied for Regalia gold paid via offline when i was not active on community. they rejected & later i found on this community how to fight where to mail and all after a long fight for like 2-3 weeks i got MB to Regalia gold and got call from a senior by pulling some strings..& mailing to be honest.. worked for me and i sincerely thank to all card geeks of TF community out there who guided and helped me alot especially Jatin mangla !! thumbs up for my bro!
Yupp bro, I remember that time. You even helped your RM by taking a high amount loan but both RM and BM ignored you. You have good TRV due to family accounts in HDFC. We all felt bad for you and I really wanted you to get DCB/Infinia.
It is good that HDFC gave you 2x cards, this is not even a proper compensation considering how they exploited/mistreated you in the past. But, it is good to know that you got something compared to nothing that they were offering earlier. Cheers bud!!
Hope one day you will get Infinia in future 👍

Grievance is pretty slow. My first email said 3 biz days and they replied at EOD of the 3rd. My follow up email got registered 1 day later and says 5 biz days.
So assuming they reply on the 5th biz day, it's 3 + 1 + 5 = 9 biz days for basically 2 rounds of back and forth.

Also, at least in my case, they made a new service request only for my follow up email and closed the first.
I have mailed to grievance team. RM said not possible. Haven't received any reply yet.
Grievance is extremely slow nowadays. I am waiting for conclusion/verdict from last 30days. Every week they give me new deadline. Hope all this wait will be worth it! 🙏

Try offline with a different branch agent and just mention your ITR. You surely will get a different response from them but don’t mention about the existing card at first First hear the response from the agent and then open up about the existing card after hearing him out. See if it can be done on C2C basis but u also are qualified on ITR basis.

Yupp bro, I remember that time. You even helped your RM by taking a high amount loan but both RM and BM ignored you. You have good TRV due to family accounts in HDFC. We all felt bad for you and I really wanted you to get DCB/Infinia.
It is good that HDFC gave you 2x cards, this is not even a proper compensation considering how they exploited/mistreated you in the past. But, it is good to know that you got something compared to nothing that they were offering earlier. Cheers bud!!
Hope one day you will get Infinia in future 👍
Exactly bro it would not be possible without you and all TF community kudos to all and yes i will spend wisely and get hands on infinia soon :)

Back