• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How To Get HDFC Bank Infinia & DCB Credit Card Easily - New & Upgrade

TechnoFinoTechnoFino is verified member.

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
HDFC Bank Infinia is the best credit card available in India for frequent air travellers. HDFC Bank market this credit card as an invite only card, but in reality you can actually apply for this card.
Official Eligible Income Criteria For HDFC Infinia- 43L ITR (depends on location)
DCB - 24L ITR
If you don't have ITR of 43L/24L you can still get HDFC Infinia/DCB, you have to fulfil some other criteria.
This information is not available publicly on HDFC Bank website.
Hidden Criteria For "New HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank Infinia credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 10 lakhs credit limit for this.
"New HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank DCB credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 5 lakhs credit limit for this.

If your already have a HDFC Bank credit card, then you have to upgrade your existing card to Infinia/DCB,
For Upgrade To Infinia-
1. You need minimum 8 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, fill up and attach credit card upgrade form with the email.
*Credit card upgrade form (New Version) - attached with this thread.

For Upgrade To DCB-

1. You need minimum 5 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, attach card upgrade form with the email.

Update- HDFC Bank asking for 10 lakhs limit on your existing credit card for infinia upgrade.

IMG-20220812-WA0046.jpg

So, don't be surprised if hdfc bank ask you for 10L limit. 😃

Attachments

Last edited:
I have already threatened in the mail to completely close all my relationship (Imperia family group accounts) with HDFC if card is not upgraded..
I can't take DCB through Alumni offer as I am not from one of those "prestigious" institutes
How much ever hard you work in your life, you still need that IIT/IIM tag to prove you are worth the relation with HDFC it seem :-(
There are institutions other than IIT/IIM are also there...Search the institute list in this or other related thread.

Instead threaten do it in a account by transferring all money.. since u hv salary account u can maintain zero.. jus try temporarily...

I thought of shifting my expenses to Regalia multiple times, but the problem is the reward rate. Also my spends in a month on CC are not more than 20k in a month (I am a conservative spender). The most I spend is on Mutual Funds and Other investments and then paying my helps.. for all of which I need to use UPI/Netbanking and for other offline spends I use Tata Neu Infinity (for UPI) and Axis Ace.
I already have a SBI cashback card which provides me real 5% cashback which Regalia does not beat. And as I mentioned my maximum spend on all credit cards combined is not more than 20-30k in a month (some months being exception of around 70-80k), so even if I move all my expenses to Regalia still how to reach that 6 month 7.5 lakh expenditure milestone for Infinia?

I told my RM also that if I would have got DCB at least LTF then I would have moved my expenses on that as reward rate is better there but can't spend on Regalia.
You have to increase the spend in cc... Atleast for some time....

Perhaps not what you want to hear but for the spending profile you describe, it may not be worth pursuing a super-premium card. I believe a DCB and an Infinia work best for users who spend primarily through their credit cards. There are many many customers who spend a lot but not using their credit cards (UPI, netbanking, no interest in or awareness of cards and so on). For such people, super-premium cards are not worth the effort that goes into getting them. If your HDFC relationship works well otherwise, I would not give it up simply for this...
I agree on this...

Perhaps not what you want to hear but for the spending profile you describe, it may not be worth pursuing a super-premium card. I believe a DCB and an Infinia work best for users who spend primarily through their credit cards. There are many many customers who spend a lot but not using their credit cards (UPI, netbanking, no interest in or awareness of cards and so on). For such people, super-premium cards are not worth the effort that goes into getting them. If your HDFC relationship works well otherwise, I would not give it up simply for this...
I appreciate your response but wanted to understand more in detail about what you mentioned about higher spending on super premium cards.
I do want to spend more but thing is I am unable to as my areas of high expense don't support credit cards e.g. investment(over a lakh a month not including nps), paying helps (almost 15 to 20k a month) etc.. Regardless how i was seeing Infinia is that it's almost free after paying AF as we get equivalent points and it offers better reward rate for dining, vouchers etc so I can earn those points and I do at least couple of trips in a year for vacation so I can use earned points for flights and hotels.. I do understand I'll get less points due to less spends but given that card is almost free and I can make 70% payment through points still feels like a good deal as I'll get good return on putting whatever expense I have on the card. And I am even planning to put my big ticket spends like my kid's school fee, vehicle purchase etc in coming year if I get Infinia..

Do let me know if i am not thinking in correct direction or if I am missing something.

There are institutions other than IIT/IIM are also there...Search the institute list in this or other related thread.

Instead threaten do it in a account by transferring all money.. since u hv salary account u can maintain zero.. jus try temporarily...
Thanks but my institute isn't in the list as I studied in a private tier 2 city college.

And yes if I get a no to upgrade I am planning to visit branch and meet BM and infront of him transfer all funds to my other account and will let him know that I'll maintain this salary account as 0 balance going forward.

I’ve been reading the comments on this thread for a while. Great advice from this community. You have my gratitude.
Finally decided to post, hoping to get some advice for my case too.

I currently have LTF Diners Black (alumni benefit) with a limit of 9.5 Lakhs. I’ve had this card for three years now and current credit limit for one year. Over the past 6 months, I have requested an upgrade to Infinia through multiple channels (form to Chennai, RM, BM, etc) but all have rejected with varying reasons like “in-hand salary is low”, “not enough spends”. I usually make one large vacation per year of several Lakhs but those spends are on Standard Chartered Ultimate because my Diners card is not accepted most places abroad. That’s another reason for very low travel spends on DCB (I did mention this in my upgrade request but it didn’t seem to make a difference to them). Moreover, my salary structure is a bit weird – I get very low in-hand salary for most months (around 2.2L) but my ITR this year (salary + bonuses) will be around 45L.

Do you think it’s possible to upgrade to Infinia based on just the ITR criteria without showing them salary slips or bank statements? If yes, what’s the best channel for this request? Sending form to Chennai?

Secondly, if the ITR eligibility criteria is met, does the 6-month spend criteria still matter?

Thank you in advance.

I appreciate your response but wanted to understand more in detail about what you mentioned about higher spending on super premium cards.
I do want to spend more but thing is I am unable to as my areas of high expense don't support credit cards e.g. investment(over a lakh a month not including nps), paying helps (almost 15 to 20k a month) etc.. Regardless how i was seeing Infinia is that it's almost free after paying AF as we get equivalent points and it offers better reward rate for dining, vouchers etc so I can earn those points and I do at least couple of trips in a year for vacation so I can use earned points for flights and hotels.. I do understand I'll get less points due to less spends but given that card is almost free and I can make 70% payment through points still feels like a good deal as I'll get good return on putting whatever expense I have on the card. And I am even planning to put my big ticket spends like my kid's school fee, vehicle purchase etc in coming year if I get Infinia..

Do let me know if i am not thinking in correct direction or if I am missing something.

This makes sense and I do think you will benefit from an Infinia (it's very good for domestic travel). I do not see a shortcut to it though. Here are the three steps (1) search these forums for information on how you can use credit cards for a variety of payments - I am not an expert but I have seen lots of advice on card-only payment methods. (2) move whatever spends you can to your Regalia and keep an eye out for an opportunity for a large spend (vehicle, international trip etc). ** let this happen naturally - do not go out of your way to make this happen ** and (3) check netbanking for a bump in your CL. Then ask HDFC again...

I’ve been reading the comments on this thread for a while. Great advice from this community. You have my gratitude.
Finally decided to post, hoping to get some advice for my case too.

I currently have LTF Diners Black (alumni benefit) with a limit of 9.5 Lakhs. I’ve had this card for three years now and current credit limit for one year. Over the past 6 months, I have requested an upgrade to Infinia through multiple channels (form to Chennai, RM, BM, etc) but all have rejected with varying reasons like “in-hand salary is low”, “not enough spends”. I usually make one large vacation per year of several Lakhs but those spends are on Standard Chartered Ultimate because my Diners card is not accepted most places abroad. That’s another reason for very low travel spends on DCB (I did mention this in my upgrade request but it didn’t seem to make a difference to them). Moreover, my salary structure is a bit weird – I get very low in-hand salary for most months (around 2.2L) but my ITR this year (salary + bonuses) will be around 45L.

Do you think it’s possible to upgrade to Infinia based on just the ITR criteria without showing them salary slips or bank statements? If yes, what’s the best channel for this request? Sending form to Chennai?

Secondly, if the ITR eligibility criteria is met, does the 6-month spend criteria still matter?

Thank you in advance.

I was in a somewhat similar situation. I do not think ITR without salary slips will work for this. I think the path is CL + spends. My CL for the upgrade was 8 (a while ago) so I think 9.5 is well over threshold. Therefore you simply have to put your existing expenses on the DCB (see point (1) in my post just above this one) and wait until you have 2-3 months of large-ish spends (let this happen naturally - as opposed to hunting for ways to spend). Then write to the grievance redressal team with a request for an upgrade.

is it the updated institute list? as my college was not in list shared earlier in this thread only, but its there in this list
I had HDFC DCB but paid, i tried upgrading to infinia but got rejected. After that i applied to upgrade my existing DCB to LTF DCB based on the alumni offer and it got upgraded.
So, just for the information, this is the correct list of institutions.

Any pro Please help
i maled them to please open my case as it has not been solved yet
Update got call from higher peeps pulled some strings from my brother so now getting upgrade to regalia gold LTF and DCB LTF ! 😊

Just need help can someone guide how to get maximum benefits from both cards?

Last edited:
Update:

Yesterday customer care confirmed Infinia has been dispatched and will reach in 7 days.
Could see the card number in mobile app with status as Transfer In Today
Today the status is updated as Active

I have not received any SMS or Email on the BlueDart tracking.
Any idea when I'll be be getting the tracking details ?

Back