• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How To Get HDFC Bank Infinia & DCB Credit Card Easily - New & Upgrade

TechnoFinoTechnoFino is verified member.

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
HDFC Bank Infinia is the best credit card available in India for frequent air travellers. HDFC Bank market this credit card as an invite only card, but in reality you can actually apply for this card.
Official Eligible Income Criteria For HDFC Infinia- 43L ITR (depends on location)
DCB - 24L ITR
If you don't have ITR of 43L/24L you can still get HDFC Infinia/DCB, you have to fulfil some other criteria.
This information is not available publicly on HDFC Bank website.
Hidden Criteria For "New HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank Infinia credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 10 lakhs credit limit for this.
"New HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank DCB credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 5 lakhs credit limit for this.

If your already have a HDFC Bank credit card, then you have to upgrade your existing card to Infinia/DCB,
For Upgrade To Infinia-
1. You need minimum 8 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, fill up and attach credit card upgrade form with the email.
*Credit card upgrade form (New Version) - attached with this thread.

For Upgrade To DCB-

1. You need minimum 5 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, attach card upgrade form with the email.

Update- HDFC Bank asking for 10 lakhs limit on your existing credit card for infinia upgrade.

IMG-20220812-WA0046.jpg

So, don't be surprised if hdfc bank ask you for 10L limit. 😃

Attachments

Last edited:
My RM keeps saying that you need to have 7.5lacs min spend ( above the 10Lacs limit) to get upgraded from DCB to Infina, but I see a lot of people with lower spends getting Infinia .. I have a limit of 11lacs, but my spends are around 3L ( Primarilly because DCB doesnt work on internatnational travels and booking, so I loose out on aroun 3L of spends every year ).. is there a way to get Infinia ?

I have received my DCB upgrade from Regalia 2 months back through the alumni offer and had a limit of 8L+. Should I try for Infinia now?
My experience being in the same situation.

Got LTF DCB 2 months back post upgrade from Regalia. Limit is b/w 7-8 L. A few days back, pushed my RM a lot to get an upgrade to Infinia. Was told that the 6 month post upgradation/LE rule is non-negotiable.

Would suggest for you to try and see if it works out for you, though honestly, I wouldn't keep very high hopes.

Is it possible to get diners based on ITR? I am salaried, but fixed salary is less. Including bonus, ITR criterion matches.
Current credit limit should be atleast 8 lakhs and last six month spends should be more than 6 lakhs if you are not having in hand salery more than 3 lakhs.
Mine case is same my Last year itr is more than 40lkh but in hand is less than 3lkh. My current cl is 7 lakhs.
Hope this will be helpfull.
disclaimer no one can predict HDFC decision, so you shoul keep trying.

My RM keeps saying that you need to have 7.5lacs min spend ( above the 10Lacs limit) to get upgraded from DCB to Infina, but I see a lot of people with lower spends getting Infinia .. I have a limit of 11lacs, but my spends are around 3L ( Primarilly because DCB doesnt work on internatnational travels and booking, so I loose out on aroun 3L of spends every year ).. is there a way to get Infinia ?
RM can skip all criteria and upgrade if in hand Salery is above 3L

Hey Folks,

I currently hold a regalia with 8.5 lakhs CL and want to get upgraded to Infinia (FYF/paid), seeking expert advice if I am going the right way or not.

A little context on my relation with HDFC:
  • Salary account since 2015
  • Had preferred account since 2016
  • Recently in March Got upgraded to Imperia Banking in 2023 (Had to ask for it, they didn't auto upgrade or gave me an offer in netbanking) They upgraded based on my TRV (Savings, FD, RD) with HDFC
  • Recently opened my wife's Salary account in May 2023 under my imperia family group
  • I have HDFC Regalia with 8.5 lakhs limit (got it converted to Rupay in May but then got Tata neu infinity LTF so using that for all UPI payments)
  • In last 8 years of holding CC with HDFC, never had any late payment
When I got upgraded to Imperia this year, I was told that I can get a DCB card but on paid basis. I told them I want it LTF but they denied. Discussion for DCB LTF went on for a very long time but nothing happened. Then I sat quietly, but after seeing this thread recently thought of taking FYF Infinia and thought to reinitiate this discussion with my RM and through all emails.

So far
1. I have explained whole situation to my RM yesterday and he said he'll try his level best to make an exception and get me the FYF Infinia but then he also mentioned it is pretty strict and as I don't do much spend on Regalia and my limit is 8.5 lakhs instead of 10 lakhs it is little difficult. I have told him that i'll close the whole family group with HDFC if I don't get it.. but his stand was same that it is tough to get.
2. I have also sent mails yesterday to Grievance team, Priority CC service email, imperia email id, infinia card service, Parag Rao, Sashi and a few more email IDs that I found on TF community :p
3. I have also talked to Imperia Banking Customer Care and they too said they have escalated it to their internal product team and waiting for response, but they also mentioned the same thing that it might happen or might not happen as you don't meet the spend criteria and your CL is less than 10 Lakhs.

Experts.. pls suggest what else can I do (if anything) to get my card approved? I am holding good amount with them in Savings and FDs still they don't value the relationship.. First they denied my DCB LTF even with Imperia criteria being fulfiled because my spends were not in the range that they require.. now I don't want my Infinia upgrade request to be denied... Pls help !!
So I got a response from my RM (who is actually a Manager for other RMs in the area) stating it is not possible as fitment criteria is not matched. I asked him if Infinia against FD is an option that he can explore or at least get me a DCB Life Time Free... again they said can't promise anything but will try hard and he and BM said we'll try whatever best we can do we will do but if nothing works out then we'll respect your decision (of closing the account).. So Infinia is now out of question and now they have asked for one more week to figure out if DCB LTF can be offered or not.

I just feel tired now trying to upgrade my Regalia to DCB LTF or Infinia FYF.. seems like it's been 6 months since these discussions are going on and nothing is moving ahead. They are only ready to offer DCB paid easily (that too now they said we'll have to check your eligibility 🤦) but for LTF they again asked for 1 week time.

So I got a response from my RM (who is actually a Manager for other RMs in the area) stating it is not possible as fitment criteria is not matched. I asked him if Infinia against FD is an option that he can explore or at least get me a DCB Life Time Free... again they said can't promise anything but will try hard and he and BM said we'll try whatever best we can do we will do but if nothing works out then we'll respect your decision (of closing the account).. So Infinia is now out of question and now they have asked for one more week to figure out if DCB LTF can be offered or not.

I just feel tired now trying to upgrade my Regalia to DCB LTF or Infinia FYF.. seems like it's been 6 months since these discussions are going on and nothing is moving ahead. They are only ready to offer DCB paid easily (that too now they said we'll have to check your eligibility 🤦) but for LTF they again asked for 1 week time.
HDFC as usual showing its chameleon colours :lol

Hi Guys,

I am looking to apply for a DCB card C2C basis my Citi card with 8.20 lacs limit.

HDFC agent: Says I can get only Regalia gold, as DCB and Infinia is only for salaried

HDFC employee: Says I can get only DCP or Regalia Business, as I am self employed. He says only salaried can get DCB or Infinia or Regalia Gold

RM says : Open account and he will push for DCB

Very confusing and frustrating.

Hi Guys,

I am looking to apply for a DCB card C2C basis my Citi card with 8.20 lacs limit.

HDFC agent: Says I can get only Regalia gold, as DCB and Infinia is only for salaried

HDFC employee: Says I can get only DCP or Regalia Business, as I am self employed. He says only salaried can get DCB or Infinia or Regalia Gold
Does dcb, infinia are not provided for self employed persons?

Anyone can confirm this?

@Chaitanya-a @VISHESH_BANSAL @TechnoFino @bhavyegoel

Current credit limit should be atleast 8 lakhs and last six month spends should be more than 6 lakhs if you are not having in hand salery more than 3 lakhs.
Mine case is same my Last year itr is more than 40lkh but in hand is less than 3lkh. My current cl is 7 lakhs.
Hope this will be helpfull.
disclaimer no one can predict HDFC decision, so you shoul keep trying.
I don't have HDFC card. Highest limit on icici is 25L. ITR around 55L.
Have around 15L funds in HDFC newly opened account.
Any other way possible?

Back