• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How To Get HDFC Bank Infinia & DCB Credit Card Easily - New & Upgrade

TechnoFinoTechnoFino is verified member.

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
HDFC Bank Infinia is the best credit card available in India for frequent air travellers. HDFC Bank market this credit card as an invite only card, but in reality you can actually apply for this card.
Official Eligible Income Criteria For HDFC Infinia- 43L ITR (depends on location)
DCB - 24L ITR
If you don't have ITR of 43L/24L you can still get HDFC Infinia/DCB, you have to fulfil some other criteria.
This information is not available publicly on HDFC Bank website.
Hidden Criteria For "New HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank Infinia credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 10 lakhs credit limit for this.
"New HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank DCB credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 5 lakhs credit limit for this.

If your already have a HDFC Bank credit card, then you have to upgrade your existing card to Infinia/DCB,
For Upgrade To Infinia-
1. You need minimum 8 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, fill up and attach credit card upgrade form with the email.
*Credit card upgrade form (New Version) - attached with this thread.

For Upgrade To DCB-

1. You need minimum 5 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, attach card upgrade form with the email.

Update- HDFC Bank asking for 10 lakhs limit on your existing credit card for infinia upgrade.

IMG-20220812-WA0046.jpg

So, don't be surprised if hdfc bank ask you for 10L limit. 😃

Attachments

Last edited:
So after hdfc priority redressal team denied Infinia, finally they agreed to give fyf dcb (though I requested for ltf but I am not from one of their listed college).

I am planning to go ahead and upgrade my regalia with 8.5 lakhs limit to dcb and thinking to shift all my expenses to dcb for next 1 year and try to reach at least 5 to 7 lakhs spend in this year so that hdfc offers me LE to 10 lakhs and probably an option to upgrade to Infinia next year.

What do you folks suggest? Does it sound like a feasible plan?
Hi Folks, so I am able to see a new Diners Black card in HDFC mobile app under active cards since last 2-3 days but haven't received message on when will it get dispatched.. folks who have recently applied for DCB and got it can you share how many days does it take for the card to deliver after it starts appearing in your mobile app?

Try offline with a different branch agent and just mention your ITR. You surely will get a different response from them but don’t mention about the existing card at first First hear the response from the agent and then open up about the existing card after hearing him out. See if it can be done on C2C basis but u also are qualified on ITR basis.
They say ITR and C2C is not valid for salaried individual. My base salary is less, majority is shown as bonus pay.

Hello Folks, lately have been reading a few threads where people mentioned that in order to get upgrade from dcb to Infinia they sent mail to Grievance redressal tream stating "issue with Diners acceptance". But in none of the threads they confirmed of they got the upgrade on this basis.

Could folks here at Technofino confirm if someone was able to upgrade their dcb to infinia based on acceptance issue and not fulfilling other criteria such as CL >10 L or spends in last 6 months > 7.5 lakhs?

Hello Folks, lately have been reading a few threads where people mentioned that in order to get upgrade from dcb to Infinia they sent mail to Grievance redressal tream stating "issue with Diners acceptance". But in none of the threads they confirmed of they got the upgrade on this basis.

Could folks here at Technofino confirm if someone was able to upgrade their dcb to infinia based on acceptance issue and not fulfilling other criteria such as CL >10 L or spends in last 6 months > 7.5 lakhs?

I tried once but was rejected.

mine was accepted last month. It took about 15 days for approval.

Can you share details like, what's your in hand salary (and do you have salary account with HDFC)? What's the credit limit on your current credit card? And what were your spends on your card in last 6 months?
Also it would help if you could share the content in mail that you shared with HDFC team such that they agreed for upgrade?

My 2nd attempt (referring to salary account at HDFC for 5+ years & high spends on AMEX / Axis cards & 15.5 lac existing Regalia CL) at upgrade also failed.

"We wish to inform you that minimum spend amount of Rs.4,00,000.00 ( in HDFC Bank credit card) is required for Diners Black card upgrade to be achieved from last 6 months and last 6 months spend of Rs. 7,50,000.00 ( in HDFC Bank credit card) is required for Infinia Metal card upgrade."

They are insisting on spending this much amount on my existing (barely used) Regalia card (which I have no interest in doing). Does someone have advice on how best to proceed? Thanks

I can think of the following
  1. Cancel Regalia and apply for DCB as a new applicant (Concern here is losing the Regalia card with such a high CL).
  2. Figure out a way to apply for DCB as 2nd card with shared limit with Regalia (Read about this somewhere, not sure how exactly to do this).

My 2nd attempt (referring to salary account at HDFC for 5+ years & high spends on AMEX / Axis cards & 15.5 lac existing Regalia CL) at upgrade also failed.

"We wish to inform you that minimum spend amount of Rs.4,00,000.00 ( in HDFC Bank credit card) is required for Diners Black card upgrade to be achieved from last 6 months and last 6 months spend of Rs. 7,50,000.00 ( in HDFC Bank credit card) is required for Infinia Metal card upgrade."

They are insisting on spending this much amount on my existing (barely used) Regalia card (which I have no interest in doing). Does someone have advice on how best to proceed? Thanks

I can think of the following
  1. Cancel Regalia and apply for DCB as a new applicant (Concern here is losing the Regalia card with such a high CL).
  2. Figure out a way to apply for DCB as 2nd card with shared limit with Regalia (Read about this somewhere, not sure how exactly to do this).
How much is your post tax salary? Because I had regalia with 8.5L CL and didn't use that card at all same like you.. but still I got it upgraded to FYF DCB recently. .(card in transit)
I had good TRV with HDFC and forced my RM to get me a DCB but they couldn't and I then directly reached out to grievance redressal and told them that I have enough salary and credit limit (2 out of 3 criteria) to make up for DCB eligibility and hence I should get it and they agreed.

How much is your post tax salary? Because I had regalia with 8.5L CL and didn't use that card at all same like you.. but still I got it upgraded to FYF DCB recently. .(card in transit)
I had good TRV with HDFC and forced my RM to get me a DCB but they couldn't and I then directly reached out to grievance redressal and told them that I have enough salary and credit limit (2 out of 3 criteria) to make up for DCB eligibility and hence I should get it and they agreed.
Net per month comp. usually works out to ~5% less than 1.75. So close enough.

Looking at criteria, the things I felt would help me were
- 15.5 CL on Regalia (earlier Intermiles co-branded which was earlier Jet Airways - I think I have had this chain of CCs with them for 5+ years)
- Significantly higher spends on my other AMEX and Axis CCs (even if compared to Infinia requriements they have written) over last 6/12 months
- Having salary account with them for 5+ years
- Comp. being at par (almost)
- Other Bank CC CLs being 6.5 and 10
- A few lacs of FDs with them

I have so far referenced 1-3 in my emails to grievance, but they just don't seem to care. In my latest response, I have resorted to the "dhamki" of closing my long standing salary account + Regalia, but I have doubts on whether that'll make them budge.

Back