• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How To Get HDFC Bank Infinia & DCB Credit Card Easily - New & Upgrade

TechnoFinoTechnoFino is verified member.

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
HDFC Bank Infinia is the best credit card available in India for frequent air travellers. HDFC Bank market this credit card as an invite only card, but in reality you can actually apply for this card.
Official Eligible Income Criteria For HDFC Infinia- 43L ITR (depends on location)
DCB - 24L ITR
If you don't have ITR of 43L/24L you can still get HDFC Infinia/DCB, you have to fulfil some other criteria.
This information is not available publicly on HDFC Bank website.
Hidden Criteria For "New HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank Infinia credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 10 lakhs credit limit for this.
"New HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank DCB credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 5 lakhs credit limit for this.

If your already have a HDFC Bank credit card, then you have to upgrade your existing card to Infinia/DCB,
For Upgrade To Infinia-
1. You need minimum 8 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, fill up and attach credit card upgrade form with the email.
*Credit card upgrade form (New Version) - attached with this thread.

For Upgrade To DCB-

1. You need minimum 5 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, attach card upgrade form with the email.

Update- HDFC Bank asking for 10 lakhs limit on your existing credit card for infinia upgrade.

IMG-20220812-WA0046.jpg

So, don't be surprised if hdfc bank ask you for 10L limit. 😃

Attachments

Last edited:
Is it a normal invite for everyone to apply for DCB Metal??
I got this in message section of HDFC App today....
My guess : this is a generic one and has anyone else got it in their app??

1699433560905.png

Is your DCB currently LTF? If yes, do you know if this upgrade offer to Metal DCB will also be LTF?
I don’t have any HDFC card yet and I opened my SB account about 6 months back..
I am intentionally not taking my first HDFC card until I get what I want.. Once I take the legendary MB card HDFC don’t care for me..
So , actually I wanted you guys to tell me if someone gets like this , is this a pre approved offer or not??

Sorry, unfortunately I couldn’t answer your question..and I believe they had not given DCB metal LTF to anyone yet..

I don’t have any HDFC card yet and I opened my SB account about 6 months back..
I am intentionally not taking my first HDFC card until I get what I want.. Once I take the legendary MB card HDFC don’t care for me..
So , actually I wanted you guys to tell me if someone gets like this , is this a pre approved offer or not??

Sorry, unfortunately I couldn’t answer your question..and I believe they had not given DCB metal LTF to anyone yet..
This is a DCB Metal credit card pre approved offer for you. It will either be a chargeable card or FYF. How much balance have you maintained in your HDFC savings account?

Reactions: SSV
This is a DCB Metal credit card pre approved offer for you. It will either be a chargeable card or FYF.
Okay, thank you for the confirmation..
I was not convinced in this respect as I did not see any words pre approved or LE..
I don’t want to login and check the offer as part of my game plan with HDFC cards..
Thanks again..

Reactions: SSV
Check in this HDFC link: https://applyonline.hdfcbank.com/credit-cards/pre-approved-credit-cards#nbb

After entering your Mobile Number and DOB, you will be convinced. ( There will be no CIBIL hit to check pre approved offer in this link )
Thank you for your help..
I am aware of all these.. please check my threads under HDFC card’s section on this subject matter..

See when we check even the offer after entering mobile and OTP , we are letting HDFC to know that we are curious about their CC .. that itself prolongs the process to get better offers..

Anyway thanks a lot for your inputs and time..
Really appreciate it ..

Thank you for your help..
I am aware of all these.. please check my threads under HDFC card’s section on this subject matter..

See when we check even the offer after entering mobile and OTP , we are letting HDFC to know that we are curious about their CC .. that itself prolongs the process to get better offers..

Anyway thanks a lot for your inputs and time..
Really appreciate it ..
Will this checking impact the actual offer we get from HDFC??

I have Preferred banking for the past year and CIBIL 789 and now imperia banking, Salary account with them, but no pre approved offer from them.

I recently upgraded my LTF DCB to Metal Infinia FYF with just 1.9L in-hand salary and only 1L spend on DCB in last 6 months, all thanks to my RM.
Sharing the journey below in case it helps someone in a similar spot.

2017: Regalia First (limit 5 lakhs)
2020: Upgraded Regalia First to DCB LTF through alumni program (limit 8 lakhs)
2021: DCB limit increased to 9.5 lakhs
2022-23: Multiple failed attempts to upgrade to Infinia (upgrade form to Chennai, through RM, through branch, etc)
2023: Opened HDFC savings account for the first time (only had credit card till now), moved some funds and upgraded to Imperia account

After getting Imperia account, I requested RM for upgrade to Infinia. Based on my in-hand salary (1.9L per month in bank, not HDFC), RM said it will not be possible. Moreover, I was not meeting the 6-month spend criteria either. I had only spent around 1L on the DCB card in the last 6 months. I informed RM that I had about 3-4L spend on SC Ultimate (which, I must say, is the most useless premium credit card I have ever seen - I closed it immediately after Infinia approval) because I was facing acceptance issues with Diners. I also informed RM that my latest ITR was about 46L. RM said that we can try basis ITR and basis Diners acceptance issues. RM asked me to courier the upgrade form to Chennai once again (no other documents, not even ITR or salary slip), and share the courier tracking ID with him. I sent the courier to Chennai and within 3 days of courier reaching Chennai, I could see the Infinia card showing up on my netbanking under the Credit Cards section. Physical card got delivered the very next day. I was very pleasantly surprised by both the speed at which this got approval and the lack of documents required. Infinia credit limit remained the same at 9.5L.

For those who say that RM can't do much, this should prove otherwise. However, it still does depend on how willing/helpful your RM is. I suppose I was assigned one of the better RMs. For the card upgrade, I did not have to submit my salary slip. I did not have to submit my ITR. HDFC is not even my salary account so there's no way they had my ITR or salary details. I did not even have to submit statement of SC Ultimate to show the 3-4L spends that I claimed. It was all because of the RM (and having Imperia account probably helped).

RMs get a lot of hate on this forum, so I really wanted to publish this post to say that not all RMs are out there to harass you. Some, if not most, are genuinely nice, helpful people.
You surely have a good one.
If you’re in Delhi do share the branch and RM details.
I have a LTF DCB and I had initially mailed priority redressal for Infinia Upgrade, then sent physical documents followed by multiple mails to grievances redressal.
Infinia upgrade denied.
Then tried for LTF DCB METAL upgrade .
Denied.
FYF DCB METAL upgrade available. Not going ahead with it.
Will try through my RM/BM for Infinia FYF now.

Back