• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How To Get HDFC Bank Infinia & DCB Credit Card Easily - New & Upgrade

TechnoFinoTechnoFino is verified member.

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
HDFC Bank Infinia is the best credit card available in India for frequent air travellers. HDFC Bank market this credit card as an invite only card, but in reality you can actually apply for this card.
Official Eligible Income Criteria For HDFC Infinia- 43L ITR (depends on location)
DCB - 24L ITR
If you don't have ITR of 43L/24L you can still get HDFC Infinia/DCB, you have to fulfil some other criteria.
This information is not available publicly on HDFC Bank website.
Hidden Criteria For "New HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank Infinia credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 10 lakhs credit limit for this.
"New HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank DCB credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 5 lakhs credit limit for this.

If your already have a HDFC Bank credit card, then you have to upgrade your existing card to Infinia/DCB,
For Upgrade To Infinia-
1. You need minimum 8 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, fill up and attach credit card upgrade form with the email.
*Credit card upgrade form (New Version) - attached with this thread.

For Upgrade To DCB-

1. You need minimum 5 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, attach card upgrade form with the email.

Update- HDFC Bank asking for 10 lakhs limit on your existing credit card for infinia upgrade.

IMG-20220812-WA0046.jpg

So, don't be surprised if hdfc bank ask you for 10L limit. 😃

Attachments

Last edited:
I recently upgraded my LTF DCB to Metal Infinia FYF with just 1.9L in-hand salary and only 1L spend on DCB in last 6 months, all thanks to my RM.
Sharing the journey below in case it helps someone in a similar spot.

2017: Regalia First (limit 5 lakhs)
2020: Upgraded Regalia First to DCB LTF through alumni program (limit 8 lakhs)
2021: DCB limit increased to 9.5 lakhs
2022-23: Multiple failed attempts to upgrade to Infinia (upgrade form to Chennai, through RM, through branch, etc)
2023: Opened HDFC savings account for the first time (only had credit card till now), moved some funds and upgraded to Imperia account

After getting Imperia account, I requested RM for upgrade to Infinia. Based on my in-hand salary (1.9L per month in bank, not HDFC), RM said it will not be possible. Moreover, I was not meeting the 6-month spend criteria either. I had only spent around 1L on the DCB card in the last 6 months. I informed RM that I had about 3-4L spend on SC Ultimate (which, I must say, is the most useless premium credit card I have ever seen - I closed it immediately after Infinia approval) because I was facing acceptance issues with Diners. I also informed RM that my latest ITR was about 46L. RM said that we can try basis ITR and basis Diners acceptance issues. RM asked me to courier the upgrade form to Chennai once again (no other documents, not even ITR or salary slip), and share the courier tracking ID with him. I sent the courier to Chennai and within 3 days of courier reaching Chennai, I could see the Infinia card showing up on my netbanking under the Credit Cards section. Physical card got delivered the very next day. I was very pleasantly surprised by both the speed at which this got approval and the lack of documents required. Infinia credit limit remained the same at 9.5L.

For those who say that RM can't do much, this should prove otherwise. However, it still does depend on how willing/helpful your RM is. I suppose I was assigned one of the better RMs. For the card upgrade, I did not have to submit my salary slip. I did not have to submit my ITR. HDFC is not even my salary account so there's no way they had my ITR or salary details. I did not even have to submit statement of SC Ultimate to show the 3-4L spends that I claimed. It was all because of the RM (and having Imperia account probably helped).

RMs get a lot of hate on this forum, so I really wanted to publish this post to say that not all RMs are out there to harass you. Some, if not most, are genuinely nice, helpful people.
Lucky you, I have to chase my current RM multiple times to even get my wife's account into Imperia and it is still not initiated even after a month. My previous previous previous RM (lost track of the number of changes) did the same within an hour when I added my brother's account into Imperia few years back. So, it is pretty much hit or miss.

Will this checking impact the actual offer we get from HDFC??

I have Preferred banking for the past year and CIBIL 789 and now imperia banking, Salary account with them, but no pre approved offer from them.
Just pushing my RM/BM from their end and waiting for an update.
I will tell you my story...
After 2 months into account opening ( preferred), I got MB offer initially.. the LE kept increasing subsequently and went up to 1.25 L from 50 K..
I used to check almost twice a week by entering mobile no and OTP...
Then it suddenly came back to 35K CL ... and again kept on increasing...
Then I changed my strategy. I stopped checking the offers for the last month.. Didn't open any link..

For the last one month they were begging me to take LTF MB with 1.17L.. They used to send me emails 3 times a day..

And for last one week they were silent and the above mentioned screenshot appeared in my App inbox...

SO, in essence , yes it does impact the offers we get...

Last edited:
I will tell my story...
After 2 months into account opening ( preferred), I got MB offer initially.. the LE kept increasing subsequently and went up to 1.25 L from 50 K..
I used to check almost twice a week by entering mobile no and OTP...
Then it suddenly came back to 35K CL ... and again kept on increasing...
Then I changed the strategy. I stopped checking the offers for the last month.. Didn't open any link..

For the last one month they were begging me to take LTF MB with 1.17L.. They used to send emails to me 3 times a day..

And for last one week they were silent and the above mentioned screenshot appeared in my App inbox...

SO, in essence , yes it does impact the offers we get...
I can attest to that, I got LE offers when I stopped using my Times card, managed to get upto 20L credit limit on that starter card which I rarely used.

I made them to offer me Imperia with my account activity... I didn't ask for it..
I think it is automatic once you reach the threshold, but they require your consent to do the upgrade. They do have mechanisms to detect if you go below the eligibility criteria for a sustained period of time and will auto downgrade after sometime (this does not require consent). Your RM may contact you if that is imminent to happen.

Reactions: SSV
I think it is automatic once you reach the threshold, but they require your consent to do the upgrade.
I never had the required TRV for Imperia for any extended period.. ( say not more than 2 weeks)...
Purely with my activity , I got the offer.. and yes I accepted for it...

hey do have mechanisms to detect if you go below the eligibility criteria for a sustained period of time and will auto downgrade after sometime
I will take care of this also in future with my activity...

Its all about beating the algorithm by thinking one step ahead of them ....

Yesterday got my dcb ltf, upgraded from Tata Neu Infinity ltf.
Have 2 queries

Firstly when can I apply again Tata neu infinity ltf
Secondly, how can I apply dcb add on card for my family (non hdfc customers) through my cards.
though I have opened hdfc saving account for dcb, now it's not linked and I will cancel the account.

Have 2 queries

Secondly, how can I apply dcb add on card for my family (non hdfc customers) through my cards.
though I have opened hdfc saving account for dcb, now it's not linked and I will cancel the account.
You can apply neu infinity again safely after 6 months online but branch people can process before that also. For addons who don't have hdfc account its via offline form only in hdfc. Is the alumni offer still live?

Have 2 queries

how did u do that ? can u put some lights on your spends and limit ?

How much time does it take for Infinia card to arrive post the upgraded card showing up in Netbanking?
Mine was delivered the very next day. It took less than 12 hours for Blue Dart from receiving shipment to delivery. However, it will largely depend on what your delivery address is. Most Tier-1 or Tier-2 cities would likely get delivery within 5 days.

Back