• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How To Get HDFC Bank Infinia & DCB Credit Card Easily - New & Upgrade

TechnoFinoTechnoFino is verified member.

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
HDFC Bank Infinia is the best credit card available in India for frequent air travellers. HDFC Bank market this credit card as an invite only card, but in reality you can actually apply for this card.
Official Eligible Income Criteria For HDFC Infinia- 43L ITR (depends on location)
DCB - 24L ITR
If you don't have ITR of 43L/24L you can still get HDFC Infinia/DCB, you have to fulfil some other criteria.
This information is not available publicly on HDFC Bank website.
Hidden Criteria For "New HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank Infinia credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 10 lakhs credit limit for this.
"New HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank DCB credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 5 lakhs credit limit for this.

If your already have a HDFC Bank credit card, then you have to upgrade your existing card to Infinia/DCB,
For Upgrade To Infinia-
1. You need minimum 8 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, fill up and attach credit card upgrade form with the email.
*Credit card upgrade form (New Version) - attached with this thread.

For Upgrade To DCB-

1. You need minimum 5 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, attach card upgrade form with the email.

Update- HDFC Bank asking for 10 lakhs limit on your existing credit card for infinia upgrade.

IMG-20220812-WA0046.jpg

So, don't be surprised if hdfc bank ask you for 10L limit. 😃

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi, i have DCB LTF CC and LTF Axis Atlas CC and trying to get infinia FYF.
Based on my calculation HDFC DCB + Atlas is better than infinia if using redemption for airlines or hotels. correct me if i m wrong.

Considering 50,000 spends without any accelerated reward:
Atlas: 1000 EM= 2000 airmiles (value in Rs. 2000*1.8 for accor hotels)
Infinia : 1666 RP= 1666 airmiles (value in Rs. 3333*1.8 for accor hotels)

If we consider accelerated rewards for 50,000 spends:
DCB/ Infinia: 8333 RP= 8333 airmiles.

So for accelerated rewards i can use DCB and for normal spends i can use atlas.

However if accelerated spends are more than surely infinia is better considering accelerated reward points capping in DCB. also there is an additional option for tanishq redemption in Infinia.

Correct me if i am missing anything.

Hi, i have DCB LTF CC and LTF Axis Atlas CC and trying to get infinia FYF.
Based on my calculation HDFC DCB + Atlas is better than infinia if using redemption for airlines or hotels. correct me if i m wrong.

Considering 50,000 spends without any accelerated reward:
Atlas: 1000 EM= 2000 airmiles (value in Rs. 2000*1.8 for accor hotels)
Infinia : 1666 RP= 1666 airmiles (value in Rs. 3333*1.8 for accor hotels)

If we consider accelerated rewards for 50,000 spends:
DCB/ Infinia: 8333 RP= 8333 airmiles.

So for accelerated rewards i can use DCB and for normal spends i can use atlas.

However if accelerated spends are more than surely infinia is better considering accelerated reward points capping in DCB. also there is an additional option for tanishq redemption in Infinia.

Correct me if i am missing anything.
How to get LTF Axis Atlas?

Since you already have a burgundy account, have you considered magnus? I think LTF magnus with Burgundy can be better option than Infinia FYF
I have burgundy Salery account with salery of 2.5lakhs and for burgundy magnus it require atleast 3 Lakhs salery or 10Lakhs in account. i am not interested to park 10 lakhs in account. I already have Magnus cc(not burgundy magnus) and will close at the time of renewal.

Hi All - I hold a DCB plastic - got an offer to upgrade to DCB Metal. Want advise on whether to upgrade to DCB Metal or Infinia Metal (My RM is willing to try for Infinia Metal upgrade)

What's the reward points conversion ratio when transferred from DCB to Infinia.

I'm trying for an upgrade from DCB to Infinia and currently have around 16k reward points on DCB. If and when this gets upgraded to Infinia, do these points get transferred at 1:1 or 2:1?

I recently upgraded my LTF DCB to Metal Infinia FYF with just 1.9L in-hand salary and only 1L spend on DCB in last 6 months, all thanks to my RM.
Sharing the journey below in case it helps someone in a similar spot.

2017: Regalia First (limit 5 lakhs)
2020: Upgraded Regalia First to DCB LTF through alumni program (limit 8 lakhs)
2021: DCB limit increased to 9.5 lakhs
2022-23: Multiple failed attempts to upgrade to Infinia (upgrade form to Chennai, through RM, through branch, etc)
2023: Opened HDFC savings account for the first time (only had credit card till now), moved some funds and upgraded to Imperia account

After getting Imperia account, I requested RM for upgrade to Infinia. Based on my in-hand salary (1.9L per month in bank, not HDFC), RM said it will not be possible. Moreover, I was not meeting the 6-month spend criteria either. I had only spent around 1L on the DCB card in the last 6 months. I informed RM that I had about 3-4L spend on SC Ultimate (which, I must say, is the most useless premium credit card I have ever seen - I closed it immediately after Infinia approval) because I was facing acceptance issues with Diners. I also informed RM that my latest ITR was about 46L. RM said that we can try basis ITR and basis Diners acceptance issues. RM asked me to courier the upgrade form to Chennai once again (no other documents, not even ITR or salary slip), and share the courier tracking ID with him. I sent the courier to Chennai and within 3 days of courier reaching Chennai, I could see the Infinia card showing up on my netbanking under the Credit Cards section. Physical card got delivered the very next day. I was very pleasantly surprised by both the speed at which this got approval and the lack of documents required. Infinia credit limit remained the same at 9.5L.

For those who say that RM can't do much, this should prove otherwise. However, it still does depend on how willing/helpful your RM is. I suppose I was assigned one of the better RMs. For the card upgrade, I did not have to submit my salary slip. I did not have to submit my ITR. HDFC is not even my salary account so there's no way they had my ITR or salary details. I did not even have to submit statement of SC Ultimate to show the 3-4L spends that I claimed. It was all because of the RM (and having Imperia account probably helped).

RMs get a lot of hate on this forum, so I really wanted to publish this post to say that not all RMs are out there to harass you. Some, if not most, are genuinely nice, helpful people.

I recently upgraded my LTF DCB to Metal Infinia FYF with just 1.9L in-hand salary and only 1L spend on DCB in last 6 months, all thanks to my RM.

2022-23: Multiple failed attempts to upgrade to Infinia (upgrade form to Chennai, through RM, through branch, etc)
2023: Opened HDFC savings account for the first time (only had credit card till now), moved some funds and upgraded to Imperia account

After getting Imperia account, I requested RM for upgrade to Infinia. Based on my in-hand salary (1.9L per month in bank, not HDFC), RM said it will not be possible. Moreover, I was not meeting the 6-month spend criteria either. I had only spent around 1L on the DCB card in the last 6 months. I informed RM that I had about 3-4L spend on SC Ultimate (which, I must say, is the most useless premium credit card I have ever seen - I closed it immediately after Infinia approval) because I was facing acceptance issues with Diners. I also informed RM that my latest ITR was about 46L. RM said that we can try basis ITR and basis Diners acceptance issues. RM asked me to courier the upgrade form to Chennai once again (no other documents, not even ITR or salary slip), and share the courier tracking ID with him. I sent the courier to Chennai and within 3 days of courier reaching Chennai, I could see the Infinia card showing up on my netbanking under the Credit Cards section. Physical card got delivered the very next day. I was very pleasantly surprised by both the speed at which this got approval and the lack of documents required. Infinia credit limit remained the same at 9.5L.

For those who say that RM can't do much, this should prove otherwise. However, it still does depend on how willing/helpful your RM is. I suppose I was assigned one of the better RMs. For the card upgrade, I did not have to submit my salary slip. I did not have to submit my ITR. HDFC is not even my salary account so there's no way they had my ITR or salary details. I did not even have to submit statement of SC Ultimate to show the 3-4L spends that I claimed. It was all because of the RM (and having Imperia account probably helped).

RMs get a lot of hate on this forum, so I really wanted to publish this post to say that not all RMs are out there to harass you. Some, if not most, are genuinely nice, helpful people.
My RM was a waste.
Nice you got good RM.

Tumhare RM ko pucho, Preferred account wala client chaiye kya

My story in short:

I am a salary account holder with HDFC since 20 years. They gave me MoneyBack CC in 2005 but never bothered to upgrade it to a better ones. I also did not pay much attention as I always spend on CC when I have money available to pay back immediately. Recently my travel expenses went up and few of my friends spoke about how beneficial it is to have a good CC to get benefits in form of hotel stays n all.

1. I spoke to my RM and she said, Infinia is not possible until I go for more credit limiit. I bumped my MoneyBack LE to 12.25L. She asked me to send upgrade form and attach and latest 3 salary slips. I sent everything to Chennai and the bank denied accepting the courier.
2. Sent everything to her on email as soft copy and then she went silent for 2 weeks. No updates, nothing
3. Got to know the corporate RM assigned to my company and immediately spoke to him. Also came to know that AXIS is offering Burgundy accounts with Magnus For Burgundy card. I leveraged this to negotiate upgrade to Infinia. My RM was supportive of me getting flagship card given my association with bank (Salary acc of 20 years) and my ITR. However, my spend on MoneyBack CC was only 2L in 6 months. Given its horrible reward system, I stick to APay card for everything now. He said he would ask for deviation and shall update.
4. Finally, after 2 weeks and multiple follow ups with my RM, I can now see Infinia added to my NetBanking as an upgrade. Shall get the card now in a week's time as per RM. Finally, corporate RM helped while RM assigned to my account was utter useless. She was interested only selling FDs, RDs and ULIPs to me.

Back