• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How To Get HDFC Bank Infinia & DCB Credit Card Easily - New & Upgrade

TechnoFinoTechnoFino is verified member.

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
HDFC Bank Infinia is the best credit card available in India for frequent air travellers. HDFC Bank market this credit card as an invite only card, but in reality you can actually apply for this card.
Official Eligible Income Criteria For HDFC Infinia- 43L ITR (depends on location)
DCB - 24L ITR
If you don't have ITR of 43L/24L you can still get HDFC Infinia/DCB, you have to fulfil some other criteria.
This information is not available publicly on HDFC Bank website.
Hidden Criteria For "New HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank Infinia credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 10 lakhs credit limit for this.
"New HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank DCB credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 5 lakhs credit limit for this.

If your already have a HDFC Bank credit card, then you have to upgrade your existing card to Infinia/DCB,
For Upgrade To Infinia-
1. You need minimum 8 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, fill up and attach credit card upgrade form with the email.
*Credit card upgrade form (New Version) - attached with this thread.

For Upgrade To DCB-

1. You need minimum 5 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, attach card upgrade form with the email.

Update- HDFC Bank asking for 10 lakhs limit on your existing credit card for infinia upgrade.

IMG-20220812-WA0046.jpg

So, don't be surprised if hdfc bank ask you for 10L limit. 😃

Attachments

Last edited:
Hello Experts. Need some help with my situation.

I have an Imperia Salary Account with HDFC bank opened in Jan 2023. Along with the account i got a Regalia Credit Card with a limit of 300000. I requested for limit enhancement in March 2024. using my last 3 years of ITR. They increased the limit to 430000 and said this is the best they can do. I also have a tata neu infinity card with the same shared limit. Going by threads on this forum, tata neu card possession may be playing a role in me not getting any limit enhancement offers over the past 1.5 years. Coming to the NRV with the bank, i think it is reasonable with over 25 lacs across the savings account, FD, Demat and loan.

Given this situation, what is the best way to get my hands on Infinia ? I can easily meet the spend criteria for 6 months but credit limit condition is a problem. Is it advisable to close my existing HDFC credit cards and directly apply for Infinia after a cool of period ? I meet the ITR criteria of more than 43 Lacs handsomely. Kindly advise.

I was unfortunately rejected for upgrade to Infinia from my existing Regalia Gold (9.7 Lakhs limit). I was previously upgraded from Millennia on February and have completed the 7.5 Lakhs spend milestone (I was keeping track of it in Regalia rewards portal, I got the second flight voucher). Though one thing to note is that it has not been 6 months since I upgraded to Regalia. Should I try again after the 6th month? I would cross 8 Lakhs spends till then.

I also have a tata neu infinity card. Should I close it for a better chance?

I was unfortunately rejected for upgrade to Infinia from my existing Regalia Gold (9.7 Lakhs limit). I was previously upgraded from Millennia on February and have completed the 7.5 Lakhs spend milestone (I was keeping track of it in Regalia rewards portal, I got the second flight voucher). Though one thing to note is that it has not been 6 months since I upgraded to Regalia. Should I try again after the 6th month? I would cross 8 Lakhs spends till then.

I also have a tata neu infinity card. Should I close it for a better chance?
You can easily get infinia , just complete the spend criteria and volia get the upgrade!

Latest update on this - I visited HDFC branch today (one of the biggest in Mumbai). For anyone to upgrade to Infinia, bank needs only 2 criteria to be fulfilled:
  1. Last 6 months spend = 7.5 Lakh
  2. Current HDFC CC limit = 8 Lakh and above
No need to have any minimum income or any other. The guy said he can upgrade my DCB immediately if I meet the criteria above.
Can I have his number please

I did complete the spend criteria (assuming 7.5 lakhs), should I just wait for the automatic upgrade offer?
This is the reply that I received from the CC team:
This is with reference to your e-mail dated July 15, 2024 regarding card upgrade and credit limit increase.

Credit card limits:

We appreciate your interest in Limit enhancements on the card account. Kindly note that your Limit enhancement on the card account is reviewed based on the usage and payment pattern on the card account. Based on the guidelines, we regret to inform you that we are unable to extend the Limit Enhancement offer on the card account as on date.

We kindly request you to use the credit card and provide us with many more opportunities to serve you better.

Card upgrade:

We understand from your conversation that you wish to avail HDFC Bank Infinia card. We wish to clarify that we are currently unable to review your request for an upgrade of your HDFC Bank Infinia credit card. We wish to assure you that the upgrade of the credit card is reviewed periodically based on usage and payment patterns on the card account. Hence, we request you to continue using your credit card for your shopping and entertainment needs and provide us with more opportunities to serve you better.
Does this mean that I can try again after crossing 8 Lakhs spends? Did anyone have received similar response from them?

Last edited:
My spouse already have infinia. Applied Marriott Bonvoy through their app which redirected to hdfc website.

Application was approved & card was visible yesterday morning in the MyCard app. Received last 4 digit of card to generate pin & application approval pdf on email.

Card was added after putting last 4 digit.

The issue is now that after adding up,it shows card is blocked. Temporary limit of 5k is also assigned. But she can't activate it as it's showing blocked.

Called customer care, they were clueless. Just asked me to wait. Today early morning she got card dispatched message & it will be delivered by 22nd July.

I have raised issue to priority redressal & got reply by grievance that they will reply by 24th July.

Any advice why this issue happened & what can be done?

@SSV

Reactions: SSV
My spouse already have infinia. Applied Marriott Bonvoy through their app which redirected to hdfc website.

Application was approved & card was visible yesterday morning in the MyCard app. Received last 4 digit of card to generate pin & application approval pdf on email.

Card was added after putting last 4 digit.

The issue is now that after adding up,it shows card is blocked. Temporary limit of 5k is also assigned. But she can't activate it as it's showing blocked.

Called customer care, they were clueless. Just asked me to wait. Today early morning she got card dispatched message & it will be delivered by 22nd July.

I have raised issue to priority redressal & got reply by grievance that they will reply by 24th July.

Any advice why this issue happened & what can be done?

@SSV
Don’t worry.. it is very common..
It will work as usual after your card delivery..
Just give it some time max 3 to 5 days everything will be okay …

Last edited:
Don’t worry.. it is very common..
It will work as usual after your card delivery..
Just give it some time max 3 to 5 days everything is normal…
Thank you. I will wait for card delivery & additional few days after that to see if they unblock card. Will keep you posted.

Reactions: SSV
Hi,

I got an increase in my credit limit from 613000 to 20L for my regalia gold today. So I am assuming I meet the CL requirement for infinia. How much do I need to spend approximately to qualify? and how long do I need to wait before asking for an upgrade ?
about 7.5 or 8L spends in the last 6 months and as soon as you get this criteria satisfied you can ask for Infina upgrade.. no need to wait for any amount of time.. ig

I have Regalia LTF with 8L+ limit, and now I am getting pre-approved LTF offer to upgrade to Regalia Gold (confirmed with CC Support).
Should I take upgrade offer for let it pass.
My aim is to get INFINIA LTF.
Salary : little less than min limit for consideration
Spends : Max it goes to 4L on CC in a year, will not reach 7.5L+ in 6 months even in next 2-3 yrs.

I have Regalia LTF with 8L+ limit, and now I am getting pre-approved LTF offer to upgrade to Regalia Gold (confirmed with CC Support).
Should I take upgrade offer for let it pass.
My aim is to get INFINIA LTF.
Salary : little less than min limit for consideration
Spends : Max it goes to 4L on CC in a year, will not reach 7.5L+ in 6 months even in next 2-3 yrs.
Infinia ltf is not possible

Hi,

I got an increase in my credit limit from 613000 to 20L for my regalia gold today. So I am assuming I meet the CL requirement for infinia. How much do I need to spend approximately to qualify? and how long do I need to wait before asking for an upgrade ?
Please share more details bro.
Do you have any other HDFC cards?
What's the relationship with HDFC?
Ballpark salary etc

Back