• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to upgrade IDFC saving account..

My RM triggers the account upgradtion in last 20 days , still I did not recieve any message and any communication...

what is the process of the upgrade of account in idfc, after RM trigger.. kindly let me know .

Did you gave any approval through SMS?
RM can see the progress in his system... You can ask him for any update... When debit card is dispatched you will get the SMS for the same.

Back when I upgraded, my RM initiated the process where I received an sms with a link. Some basic questions followed by otp. That was how onboarding to wealth started. No other sms came and after 4 weeks received the welcome kit.

Back when I upgraded, my RM initiated the process where I received an sms with a link. Some basic questions followed by otp. That was how onboarding to wealth started. No other sms came and after 4 weeks received the welcome kit.
that was an when you are invited by the automated system to join the RB Program , but when you ask to be manually Upgraded to RB Program , then no Link+OTP is used .

For me customer care has also confirmed that the account is converted...

4 weeks... Wait is huge!! :oops: are they manually writing the numbers on the card?

----------
Update - Got the account converted in 2 working days after confirmation by RM another 3-4 days for showing 'First Wealth' in mobile app and in Lower "Accounts" section under cards shows "IDFC Wealth Debit Card" with inactive status. Waiting for debit card, let see when it will magically appear.

Also got the call from RM 2 times for opening FD or increase balance within 5 days of account conversion.

Last edited:
For me customer care has also confirmed that the account is converted...

4 weeks... Wait is huge!! :oops: are they manually writing the numbers on the card?

----------
Update - Got the account converted in 2 working days after confirmation by RM another 3-4 days for showing 'First Wealth' in mobile app and in Lower "Accounts" section under cards shows "IDFC Wealth Debit Card" with inactive status. Waiting for debit card, let see when it will magically appear.

Also got the call from RM 2 times for opening FD or increase balance within 5 days of account conversion.
Finally after almost 2 weeks of wait got the card

Can someone clarify this for me?

If I open an account for a family member, keep 10L for a couple of months, get it converted to Wealth account, and then only keep a little amount (less than 10-50K), will it continue to remain as wealth or will it be downgraded?

Can someone clarify this for me?

If I open an account for a family member, keep 10L for a couple of months, get it converted to Wealth account, and then only keep a little amount (less than 10-50K), will it continue to remain as wealth or will it be downgraded?
It will continue to be WEALTH , but not advisable .
Keep atleast around 50k+

I was told that i need 10 lakhs initial funding and then can remove most of it and just keep 1-2 lakhs max for WEALTH. But my account is not being upgraded as the process is not moving further. Customaer care says that I should have a LINK to upgrade but i didnt receive any.

I was told that i need 10 lakhs initial funding and then can remove most of it and just keep 1-2 lakhs max for WEALTH. But my account is not being upgraded as the process is not moving further. Customaer care says that I should have a LINK to upgrade but i didnt receive any.
if Branch is upgrading your account , then no link is required.
have you done 10L Initial funding ?

Back