• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

I am on a SPREE!

That's such a shame. RBI needs to take strict action against the banks for twisting facts.
Unfortunately things are not in black and white. RBI policies are not strong enough to protect the consumer.

I took the opportunity to talk about #4 where my complaint was closed based on fake evidence provided by ICICI Bank. I told BO that ICICI has provided you fake evidence and closed the case and now I am neither able to appeal nor log another as it has become non-maintainable as per your policies. He said if it has become non-maintainable, he does not have the power to do anything about it. The only option for me is to go to consumer court. I told him it will be too much of a hassle for me and I am not ready to take up the same. Then he took the details of the case from me and told me he will have it sorted with ICICI and will get the issue resolved. But he will not be able to take any action against ICICI and will neither be able to provide any compensation.

Unfortunately things are not in black and white. RBI policies are not strong enough to protect the consumer.

I took the opportunity to talk about #4 where my complaint was closed based on fake evidence provided by ICICI Bank. I told BO that ICICI has provided you fake evidence and closed the case and now I am neither able to appeal nor log another as it has become non-maintainable as per your policies. He said if it has become non-maintainable, he does not have the power to do anything about it. The only option for me is to go to consumer court. I told him it will be too much of a hassle for me and I am not ready to take up the same. Then he took the details of the case from me and told me he will have it sorted with ICICI and will get the issue resolved. But he will not be able to take any action against ICICI and will neither be able to provide any compensation.
Yeah, banks many a times would be bluffing BO rendering consumers helpless.

I went to BO taking a day's leave (which is worth much more than 5K) primarily for the experience. I learnt the process and will be better prepared next time knowing how the system works. At the end of the day it was not a hassle, it was a learning.
Yeahh
Thank you for sharing your experience.

That makes his own role redundant huh
Not really. The problem is elsewhere. The case was closed based on fake evidence provided by ICICI bank. BO did not consult me or get the facts verified by me before closing the complaint. This is one problem area and the second major problem area is not having an option to reopen a complaint.

I am on a spree...

Registered 5 complaints with RBI Ombudsman demanding compensation in each. Let's see how it goes :)

View attachment 53064

1. HSBC - Did not convert Amazon EMI purchase to EMI in a timely manner and sent full amount statement. After paying full amount they converted to EMI and charged interest. Also created lot of hassles in refunding credit balance after converting to EMI.

2. IndusInd - Doorstep Banking delayed cash pickup. Took 3 follow ups and one complaint to finally get the cash picked up after a five days delay.

3. Federal Bank - Issued Visa Signet when I applied for Celesta MC. Registered a complaint of mis-selling.

4. ICICI - Sapphiro Amex Addon card not working.

5. ICICI - 2 CIBIL enquiries for one Sapphiro application under alumni program.

Update:
15-May-2024:
It seems the 30 days rule is there and bank can ask for it. 1 and 2 closed based on request from bank asking for more time to resolve the issue. It is mentioned that I can lodge a fresh complaint after 30 days has passed in case I don't receive a response/satisfactory resolution.
29-May-2024: Registered fresh complaint for 1 and 2 which was closed earlier.
13-Jun-2024: #3 closed as Federal bank issued Celesta Mastercard. No compensation. Details here.
16-Jun-2024: #5 closed. ICICI removed duplicate CIBIL hit. No compensation. Details here.
19-Jun-2024: #2. Received call from IndusInd Bank complaints department. They informed as per bank policy they have credited Rs. 2000 to my account yesterday and is also sending me an apology letter. Guess next step is closure mail from RBI.
21-Jun-2024: #1. Received mail from RBIO to attend conciliation meeting with HSBC on 26th June at RBI Kolkata. Details here.
24-Jun-2024: #4. Disappointed with RBIO. Closed complaint based on one sided input from ICICI stating no transactions were declined and they showed latest statement where there is transaction in primary card and RBIO got convinced and closed case. No option to appeal either. Written to RBIO, no response. Called them and I was told to go to court. This is VERY DISAPPOINTING.
02-Jul-2024:
#1 Meeting at RBIO's office. Details here.
Bhai etne paise leke kaha jaoge?
Nange hi aaye the ... Nange hi jaoge ...
Sabko samosa chai party de do plzz

Till now received only 2K from IndusInd. Hoping to get another 5K from HSBC. Rest all cases closed without any compensation.
Bro you had a fight with the big money.
You were ought to get only two things - either money or experience.
For your good deeds you got both.
Enjoy and spread the happiness 😊 ☺️ (and some money as well) 🥰

Till now received only 2K from IndusInd. Hoping to get another 5K from HSBC. Rest all cases closed without any compensation.

Supposing you do get some compensation from multiple banks after spending substantial amounts of time and effort. How much of that money you get to keep? I mean what would be the tax liability, if any, of any such awards?

Supposing you do get some compensation from multiple banks after spending substantial amounts of time and effort. How much of that money you get to keep? I mean what would be the tax liability, if any, of any such awards?
I think the compensation amount gets added to your income and taxed as per the tax bracket you are in.

Well as far as time and effort is concerned, it hardly takes 15-20 minutes to file a complaint. Meeting was called only for one case which could have been done with a half day leave had it been scheduled in the early hours or late hours. But unfortunately for me it was scheduled at the middle of the day and I had to take a full day's leave.

I think the compensation amount gets added to your income and taxed as per the tax bracket you are in.

Are you sure about that? I'm confused because some types of government-approved awards are not considered to be income. I am just not sure about this particular case.

Are you sure about that? I'm confused because some types of government-approved awards are not considered to be income. I am just not sure about this particular case.
No, everything has to be considered as income.
(Exceptions are there if you receive money from Govt as compensation for death/accidents, etc)

Back