• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

I am on a SPREE!

I think the compensation amount gets added to your income and taxed as per the tax bracket you are in.
this is bad honestly. taxing fines but can't expect anything else from our current govt :(
we should be happy 18% GST wasn't deducted from 5000 as a service charge

this is bad honestly. taxing fines but can't expect anything else from our current govt :(
we should be happy 18% GST wasn't deducted from 5000 as a service charge
What it has to do with "current" goverment ?
Was it not the same case with "previous" goverment ?

The only difference is that earlier, in previous govt, the money was going in the pockets of corrupt goverment people and now it is going for development of Infra.

I am on a spree...

Registered 5 complaints with RBI Ombudsman demanding compensation in each. Let's see how it goes :)

View attachment 53064

1. HSBC - Did not convert Amazon EMI purchase to EMI in a timely manner and sent full amount statement. After paying full amount they converted to EMI and charged interest. Also created lot of hassles in refunding credit balance after converting to EMI.

2. IndusInd - Doorstep Banking delayed cash pickup. Took 3 follow ups and one complaint to finally get the cash picked up after a five days delay.

3. Federal Bank - Issued Visa Signet when I applied for Celesta MC. Registered a complaint of mis-selling.

4. ICICI - Sapphiro Amex Addon card not working.

5. ICICI - 2 CIBIL enquiries for one Sapphiro application under alumni program.

Update:
15-May-2024:
It seems the 30 days rule is there and bank can ask for it. 1 and 2 closed based on request from bank asking for more time to resolve the issue. It is mentioned that I can lodge a fresh complaint after 30 days has passed in case I don't receive a response/satisfactory resolution.
29-May-2024: Registered fresh complaint for 1 and 2 which was closed earlier.
13-Jun-2024: #3 closed as Federal bank issued Celesta Mastercard. No compensation. Details here.
16-Jun-2024: #5 closed. ICICI removed duplicate CIBIL hit. No compensation. Details here.
19-Jun-2024: #2. Received call from IndusInd Bank complaints department. They informed as per bank policy they have credited Rs. 2000 to my account yesterday and is also sending me an apology letter. Guess next step is closure mail from RBI.
21-Jun-2024: #1. Received mail from RBIO to attend conciliation meeting with HSBC on 26th June at RBI Kolkata. Details here.
24-Jun-2024: #4. Disappointed with RBIO. Closed complaint based on one sided input from ICICI stating no transactions were declined and they showed latest statement where there is transaction in primary card and RBIO got convinced and closed case. No option to appeal either. Written to RBIO, no response. Called them and I was told to go to court. This is VERY DISAPPOINTING.
02-Jul-2024:
#1 Meeting at RBIO's office. Details here.
05-Jul-2024: #1 Received mail from HSBC PNO to share account details for credit of Rs. 5000 as per BO order.

Summary:
All cases closed.
#1: Got compensation of Rs. 5000
#2: Got compensation of Rs. 2000
#3: Federal bank issued Celesta MC. No compensation.
#4: Unresolved - Case closed based on fake evidence provided by ICICI bank. No option to appeal/reopen/register new complaint. Only option is to go to consumer court. No compensation.
#5: Both enquiries removed. No compensation.
@VISHESH_BANSAL you lost Bomber position.

@sjmajumder congratulations, welcome to the Bomber position.

But main bank ICICI is missing, so I can't vote for No.1 position

When you do txns we get alert(email/sms) na, in that card last digits are not mentioned, for you?
Why don't you show that as a proof?

@VISHESH_BANSAL you lost Bomber position.

@sjmajumder congratulations, welcome to the Bomber position.

But main bank ICICI is missing, so I can't vote for No.1 position

When you do txns we get alert(email/sms) na, in that card last digits are not mentioned, for you?
Why don't you show that as a proof?
Thanks @Tejo :)

ICICI is not there because of BO's mistake. I showed proof and BO accepted. But his hands are tied by policies. It was BO's mistake to close the case without checking the card number thoroughly when my complaint specifically mentioned that primary card is working, add-on card is NOT. He should have matched each of the 15 digits before giving his order.

I will file another against HSBC in few days.
I had a similar long running case against Indian Bank. More details here: https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/for-those-with-education-loan-subsidy-check.20212/

The problem here is though every complaint I have raised so far with RBI CMS portal is closed under the non-appeal clause, no matter what the complaint. I recently filed a case against Axis Bank for incorrect cashback reward explained here: https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/airtel-axis-swiggy-cashback-saga.22644/

The cashback amount is paltry at Rs.403 but I spent a lot of time talking with their customer care to sort out the details. When I raised the complaint with RBI, they credited the cashback amount to my card but no compensation was provided. I couldn't appeal further since it was again closed under non-appealable clause.

The only difference is that earlier, in previous govt, the money was going in the pockets of corrupt goverment people and now it is going for development of Infra.
1720289626875.webp

My case rests

Indeed. The infra that keeps crumbling soon as it’s inaugurated.

Last edited:
It seems that RBI-O is being used as Rozgaar ka Avsar. Interesting.

This is wholly my opinion: I use RBI to get the bank to do the needful. I don’t use RBI as a compensatory tool.

Sure, banks are at fault if they don’t provide cards for two months or don’t come for doorstep service for a week, but in all earnestness, these are hardly instances that warrant ‘compensation’ especially when, although late, a resolution has been offered. This “make them pay” mindset isn’t healthy.

The HSBC EMI issue definitely needs to be rectified. Maybe compensated, because yes, there is financial loss. But reaching out for delay in doorstep services! If I did that, I’d certainly be making a good buck. My IndusInd branch is the laziest bunch of slogs I ever saw in any branch of any bank.

Last edited:
Back