• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Savings account upgrade query

R!ppEr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hey All,

So i already hold a Privilege savings account with ICICI and now im getting the upgrade option on the imobile app for -> Gold, The ONE Magnum and The ONE Titanium. Wanted to know if anyone has been using these and if they are worth the upgrade since currently my account is ) balance, magnum has 1lac MAB req and titanium has 2lac MAB req.

Thanks!

Hey All,

So i already hold a Privilege savings account with ICICI and now im getting the upgrade option on the imobile app for -> Gold, The ONE Magnum and The ONE Titanium. Wanted to know if anyone has been using these and if they are worth the upgrade since currently my account is ) balance, magnum has 1lac MAB req and titanium has 2lac MAB req.

Thanks!
I currently have the titanium variant, trying to upgrade to wealth. How much is your current AMB and do you have any investment in your account?

I currently have the titanium variant, trying to upgrade to wealth. How much is your current AMB and do you have any investment in your account?
I've got a home loan running through them, thats about it, but i was thinking of making it my secondary account as well and thats why the question

Assuming you have Salary account (privilege + zero balance), What you currently is good enough... you can contact your RM to know benefits and then think if the upgrade is actually useful for you or not (considering MAB requirement is)

THE ONE will only give you sparkly debit card (which might be chargeable) while what you have (Titanium Debit) has Nil charges

Other way is to open new Wealth Management Savings Account with initial deposit of 5/10L depending on your branch... that would be 0 balance (you can move that amount after 1/2 months but have heard people moving within a week)

Assuming you have Salary account (privilege + zero balance), What you currently is good enough... you can contact your RM to know benefits and then think if the upgrade is actually useful for you or not (considering MAB requirement is)

THE ONE will only give you sparkly debit card (which might be chargeable) while what you have (Titanium Debit) has Nil charges

Other way is to open new Wealth Management Savings Account with initial deposit of 5/10L depending on your branch... that would be 0 balance (you can move that amount after 1/2 months but have heard people moving within a week)
You can move it the next day of credit as well, nobody can do anything.

You can move it the next day of credit as well, nobody can do anything.
Yeah, I have heard ICICI haven't downgraded accounts like HDFC (till now)

Would It make sense to open a new Wealth Account and then link your salary account to it via the Family Account procedure ?

I don't think it would give any plus points to privilege salary account but just wanted to know....

Would It make sense to open a new Wealth Account and then link your salary account to it via the Family Account procedure ?

I don't think it would give any plus points to privilege salary account but just wanted to know....
If you have one wealth account in your customer id the rest also become wealth (cannot verify for salary account but is true for savings).
But for wealth family 25L criteria is followed strictly so it’s tough to upgrade any family member’s account by just opening one wealth account. I was trying to do that but branch suggested to maintain >25L balance for two weeks and they will upgrade everyone’s account in family id.

There won't be any downgrade, it is 0 MAB account.

If you have one wealth account in your customer id the rest also become wealth (cannot verify for salary account but is true for savings).
But for wealth family 25L criteria is followed strictly so it’s tough to upgrade any family member’s account by just opening one wealth account. I was trying to do that but branch suggested to maintain >25L balance for two weeks and they will upgrade everyone’s account in family id.
This is not true for all branches FYI, in my case I did not have to maintain 25L ever. Even for adding members to family was only asked 1L initiation cheque to open their account.

In my case family members are existing account holders, for new accounts they give a lot of relaxation.
In this case, I would recommend you go ahead and email / call CS and raise request to merge accounts, rather than go through the branch. If all fails, threaten to close all accounts and other services of your family.

In this case, I would recommend you go ahead and email / call CS and raise request to merge accounts, rather than go through the branch. If all fails, threaten to close all accounts and other services of your family.
I have tried with Customer Care on call but they don’t have any control over account variant or family banking. I currently have funds so will maintain for 1-2 months to get the upgrades. Thinking of changing branch after that.

I have tried with Customer Care on call but they don’t have any control over account variant or family banking. I currently have funds so will maintain for 1-2 months to get the upgrades. Thinking of changing branch after that.
Definitely should change the branch. And let them know while you are changing it, why you did it. Maybe they'll stop being such a**h**es.

Back