• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC First Bank

varun__goel_

TF Prestige
Hey, is it safe to open an account in IDFC First Bank(in terms of stability), considering it is a new bank as compared to HDFC, ICICI etc. Was planning to open account but just doubtful as new bank can fail. They are also providing higher interest rates compared to others, it means they must be taking more risks to earn profits.I just need your opinions😅

Last edited:
Hey, is it safe to open an account in IDFC First Bank(in terms of stability), considering it is a new bank as compared to HDFC, ICICI etc. Was planning to open account but just doubtful as new bank can fail. They are also providing higher interest rates compared to others, it means they must be taking more risks to earn profits.I just need your opinions😅
Yeah, it's safe. Since it's RBI licensed bank.
Also 5L of deposits is anyways safe with any bank.
IDFC has good offers these days, you can consider.

I'm on a similar boat - looking to open a secondary savings account and slightly hesitant on trusting IDFC. I will wait for others opinion.
Yupp, I have heard that they have excellent customer support. Currently having HDFC account and have great experience with them. So cannot downgrade on customer support😅. But main priority is safety of funds. Goona have 60-70% in HDFC and planning to open in SBI too and will divide funds b/w HDFC and SBI just for sake of peace(cannot expect CS from SBI😂). Rest planning between IDFC and ICICI

Last edited:
I have had an account with them for a while. Industry leading mobile + web experience. 5L is perfectly fine amount to park imo. IndusInd is also a big one with good rates and good ratings for safety.

It's safe but go with IndusInd instead, better interest rate and features. Also, IndusInd has more ATMs and Branches, and they also provide better online offers. Idfc charges 99+GST for reward redemption. I am using both including other private and government banks.

It's safe but go with IndusInd instead, better interest rate and features. Also, IndusInd has more ATMs and Branches, and they also provide better online offers. Idfc charges 99+GST for reward redemption. I am using both including other private and government banks.
How about ICICI? Is it a good option? Do they levy any charges other than debit card and sms, if I have only online transactions, no cash deposits, withdawl or any other request through branch?

Hi, which savings account in IndusInd? Does it have zero charges like IDFC?

I have been using idfc account . I opened it to get a credit card from them ( which I got after few months). I have not yet closed the account coz I like the services offered by them . Only demerit is that you need to maintain a minimum monthly balance.

Hi, which savings account in IndusInd? Does it have zero charges like IDFC?
There are different types of accounts they offer, even in their 0 balance account they don't charge anything (debit card charges or SMS charges). Please go with the charges section of the account you're looking for on their website.

I have been using idfc account . I opened it to get a credit card from them ( which I got after few months). I have not yet closed the account coz I like the services offered by them . Only demerit is that you need to maintain a minimum monthly balance.
As I said before, IDFC also provides great service. That's what almost every private bank needs you to do apart from a 0 balance account. IndusInd provides better FD rates so it's a win for me.

After how many months you got the credit card?
Which card you got?
How much NRV you maintained the following months to trigger the credit card offer?
All the IndusInd credit cards are maintenance-free based on your cibil score, which means if you have a good cibil score you can get a Visa Infinite credit card. There are specific cards for which you may have to pay a joining fee but don't take those na! Check their website for a better understanding. I applied directly from my home branch, where I have a Current and main savings account. It got approved within one working day without any further verification. Remind you it wasn't a pre-approved card.

Now idfc is giving cc based on savings account r stopped? When u got idfc cc

Back