• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC FIRST Select Credit Card to Wealth Credit card

skpa

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Is it possible to get Wealth card in C2C method (holding HDFC DCB with 8L limit) after closing my existing IDFC FIRST Select Credit Card? If Yes, how long I need to wait for reapply after closing existing card.
Tried sending mail for upgrading existing card to Wealth, but no luck. Please suggest.

send email along with dcb pic (details hidden) and latest dcb statement attached, to banker@idfcfirstbank.com

you may also attach your salary slips or itr if it is high.

rest completely depends on their team. they have no formal upgrade process and retention teams.
i once threatened them to close wealth card and they said go ahead.

select is a useless card now if you have dcb, so no problem in going ahead and closing it and wait for 6 months before reapply for wealth.

send email along with dcb pic (details hidden) and latest dcb statement attached, to banker@idfcfirstbank.com

rest completely depends on their team. they have no formal upgrade process and retention teams.

select is a useless card now if you have dcb, so no problem in going ahead and closing it and wait for 6 months before reapply for wealth.
Thank you, will try mailing once again.

Is it possible to get Wealth card in C2C method (holding HDFC DCB with 8L limit) after closing my existing IDFC FIRST Select Credit Card? If Yes, how long I need to wait for reapply after closing existing card.
Tried sending mail for upgrading existing card to Wealth, but no luck. Please suggest.
you can apply the very next of the card cancellation with different number

You can apply for a new card as soon as your old card is cancelled , there is no cooling period in idfc.

I was given a classic card and upon multiple mails for upgrade they didn’t provide me one , I closed my classic card and very next day( once my card was marked cancelled) i applied for a new card and was given a Select card with thrice the limit on my classic card .

I am thinking to bombard idfc with mails for upgrade to wealth every month till they actually do it
Let’s see what happens

You can apply for a new card as soon as your old card is cancelled , there is no cooling period in idfc.

I was given a classic card and upon multiple mails for upgrade they didn’t provide me one , I closed my classic card and very next day( once my card was marked cancelled) i applied for a new card and was given a Select card with thrice the limit on my classic card .

I am thinking to bombard idfc with mails for upgrade to wealth every month till they actually do it
Let’s see what happens
unfortunately that was not what they told me. i had wealth and my parents had select. they refused to give them addons because they already had their own card. upon escalation, they called me and i told them that i will close their primary cards and apply addons for them. so they said that if I close the card, I will have to wait 6 months so i should not do it.

Let’s see what happens
Ur select card approved?

While applying online, it does not show dcb in list of hdfc cards if we apply c2c.
It shows all other diners cards like privelage, premium , miles etc but not Black

Let’s see what happens
any luck with wealth card?

Back