• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC Upgrading Select Credit Card to Wealth Credit Card

BVCBVC is verified member.

TF Prestige
TF Family
VIP Lounge
IDFC started upgrading IDFC Select Credit Card to IDFC Wealth Credit Card on request.

Process:

- Call to customer care.
- Tell them that you want to upgrade Select CC to Wealth CC.
- They will deny saying that Wealth CC has a minimum floor CL of 5L and we cannot upgrade.
- Inform that you've been using your select card well for the past 3-6 months.
- They will deny again (If possible).
- Then tell that many of our friends are getting it upgraded to Wealth CC from Select CC.
- They will take the request for upgrade.

1722341017292.webp
-Within 1 working day the request has been processed to Wealth CC.

1722341384502.webp

Note:

1. We have tried 3 cards within our friends and family circle and all have been approved.
2. All the members are having CL more than 2L (So not sure of Select cards <2L Credit limit).
3. I have Wealth account.

Appreciation: This was informed by @zaid_2913 in one of the post.

Update at 9pm on 30-07-2024: Seems Savings account needed for this trick. (Wealth Worked for me and Select worked for my friend)

Last edited:
I had asked customer care and he took card upgrade request from select to wealth without limit enhancement. How much time will it take to upgrade as full 24 hrs have passed? Is there a possibility that even after raising service request card upgrade is denied?
Business hours 6-10 hours usually if you’re lucky. Sometimes 1-2 days. Yes there’s a possibility of approval and rejection.

Do you have any SB account relationship with them?

I had asked customer care and he took card upgrade request from select to wealth without limit enhancement. How much time will it take to upgrade as full 24 hrs have passed? Is there a possibility that even after raising service request card upgrade is denied?
Do you use the card regularly?
Do you have a savings account?
Did they ask you to provide your latest income tax return?

Thanks for sharing this info. My friend's Select credit card is upgraded to Wealth credit card after a few hours of taking request. My friend is already a Wealth account holder and request was taken without asking a single question

IDFC started upgrading IDFC Select Credit Card to IDFC Wealth Credit Card on request.

Process:

- Call to customer care.
- Tell them that you want to upgrade Select CC to Wealth CC.
- They will deny saying that Wealth CC has a minimum floor CL of 5L and we cannot upgrade.
- Inform that you've been using your select card well for the past 3-6 months.
- They will deny again (If possible).
- Then tell that many of our friends are getting it upgraded to Wealth CC from Select CC.
- They will take the request for upgrade.

View attachment 63227
-Within 1 working day the request has been processed to Wealth CC.

View attachment 63228

Note:

1. We have tried 3 cards within our friends and family circle and all have been approved.
2. All the members are having CL more than 2L (So not sure of Select cards <2L Credit limit).
3. I have Wealth account.

Appreciation: This was informed by @zaid_2913 in one of the post.

Update at 9pm on 30-07-2024: Seems Savings account needed for this trick. (Wealth Worked for me and Select worked for my friend)
Without 5L limit IDFC is not entertaining brother. I think its because of your wealth account.

IDFC don’t considers spends on upgrades much unilke HDFC.
How do I get IDFC wealth now'
Called the CC based on my Select Account Status "Card Upgrade without LE" request was taken within 2-3hrs the Select Credit Card was Visible in the Account.
People who don't have IDFC savings or salary account find it impossible to upgrade to Wealth, even without limit increase

Back