• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC Future First A/C - My Experience

Infamous

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
This thread is about IDFC Future First Savings Account, my experience with A/C opening and general guide for people who are interested in getting this account.

Why I opted for this A/C?
  • I wanted to get into the DC to CC payment scene to earn RPs and I'm not in a position to open a Select or Wealth A/C with them right now, so this was a great option.
  • 0 MAB Requirement
  • Visa Signature DC
  • No nonsene banking services with NIL charges
Basic Eligibility Requirement:
  • You should be a UG/PG student or passout from one of the eligible institutions, which can be found on the website via search feature.
  • You need to visit Branch for opening the account.
Storytime:

I went to the branch today, asked for opening the Future First A/C. The agent was aware about the account (referred to it as a Student A/C multiple times), but was unaware that the branch offers such account and told me to open it online, as they don't have such option in the tab.

I told him there's no option to open it online, and I have confirmed with the customer care and they said you need to open it at the branch (It was a lie, I didn't talk to anyone) and because I had read on this forum that the Future First A/C option is under the Salary A/C options, I asked him to check there and he found it, thus proceeded with opening the account.

The dude was helpful and listened to what I said instead of other douchebag agents.

Account Opening Process:

It was very simple, the dude got his tab, asked for basic details like DOB, income, pan, aadhar etc. Then came the college details section, where I was asked to input my college email and a photo of college ID. Now I don't have an official college email, so I entered my personal email and it showed an error, tried one with a professional domain, again it was an error but somehow, the tab proceeded further, without accepting any of the emails automatically to the next steps.

Now call this luck or whatever, the next steps were also basic questions like nominee, residence, etc and the account was opened after entering all the information. he screen showed that the A/C has been opened successfuly and I got messages for the same. Was told that the kit would be delivered in 3-4 days.

This whole process hardly took 5 minutes and I received all my details like Cust ID, IFSC, A/C no, etc. Now the interesting thing is that on the tab and the welcome email, it mentions new Salary A/C, even got an SMS for the same.

If you have any questions that I have not addressed, feel free to comment down below, and I'll answer to best of my knowledge :)

I told him there's no option to open it online, and I have confirmed with the customer care and they said you need to open it at the branch (It was a lie, I didn't talk to anyone) and because I had read on this forum that the Future First A/C option is under the Salary A/C options, I asked him to check there and he found it, thus proceeded with opening the account.
I read this and remembered the guy who opened my FF account. He also knew that FF account existed but never opened it himself and therefore I guided him the process and he opened it with 0 IP.

Also when I asked for a RM, BM personally called and told me as of now only HNI programs can have a RM. I know its not true as some members got RM in FF, but he also added if I happen to have any problem with the account then I should contact the guy (I had his number but he still gave me that guy's name and no.) who opened my account and thereafter I received another call from that guy asking to call him anytime when help needed.

Even after hearing about the freeze issues, I use it as a main account. One of the best accounts in my opinion. True replacement of Paytm PB for me.

I have IDFC 25k MAB Savings account under IDFC Select Wealth banking program. How can I go about it converting it to IDFC FIRST account but still under IDFC Select Wealth banking?

I have IDFC 25k MAB Savings account under IDFC Select Wealth banking program. How can I go about it converting it to IDFC FIRST account but still under IDFC Select Wealth banking?
I read it somewhere in TF that scheme change happens manually via physical form. Have a talk with BM/RM.

This thread is about IDFC Future First Savings Account, my experience with A/C opening and general guide for people who are interested in getting this account.

• I wanted to get into the DC to CC payment scene to earn RPs and I'm not in a position to open a Select or Wealth A/C with them right now, so this was a great option.
  • 0 MAB Requirement
  • Visa Signature DC
  • You should be a UG/PG student or passout from one of the eligible institutions, which can be found on the website via search feature.
Storytime:

I went to the branch today, asked for opening the Future First A/C. The agent was aware about the account (referred to it as a Student A/C multiple times), but was unaware that the branch offers such account and told me to open it online, as they don't have such option in the tab.

The dude was helpful and listened to what I said instead of other douchebag agents.

Account Opening Process:

It was very simple, the dude got his tab, asked for basic details like DOB, income, pan, aadhar etc. Then came the college details section, where I was asked to input my college email and a photo of college ID. Now I don't have an official college email, so I entered my personal email and it showed an error, tried one with a professional domain, again it was an error but somehow, the tab proceeded further, without accepting any of the emails automatically to the next steps.

Now call this luck or whatever, the next steps were also basic questions like nominee, residence, etc and the account was opened after entering all the information. he screen showed that the A/C has been opened successfuly and I got messages for the same. Was told that the kit would be delivered in 3-4 days.

This whole process hardly took 5 minutes and I received all my details like Cust ID, IFSC, A/C no, etc. Now the interesting thing is that on the tab and the welcome email, it mentions new Salary A/C, even got an SMS for the same.

If you have any questions that I have not addressed, feel free to comment down below, and I'll answer to best of my knowledge :)
debit card chargees ?

I read this and remembered the guy who opened my FF account. He also knew that FF account existed but never opened it himself and therefore I guided him the process and he opened it with 0 IP.

Also when I asked for a RM, BM personally called and told me as of now only HNI programs can have a RM. I know its not true as some members got RM in FF, but he also added if I happen to have any problem with the account then I should contact the guy (I had his number but he still gave me that guy's name and no.) who opened my account and thereafter I received another call from that guy asking to call him anytime when help needed.

Even after hearing about the freeze issues, I use it as a main account. One of the best accounts in my opinion. True replacement of Paytm PB for me.
Yup, even I got it with 0 IP and no one insisted to get it funded.

I checked today and I can see that DC has been generated for my account.

Reactions: AxT
Based on my convo yesterday, the agent told me it might not be possible for upgrading your Future First to a Select/Wealth but a program change might be possible based on automatic offers.

He also offered me a option to use the account for 1 month, and then he can check for an upgrade manually.

Reactions: AxT
Select and Wealth is a different Banking Program. You can either be in one of them, not both. When your account gets linked under family banking it becomes 0 MAB no need to maintain balance.

I was told it will come in 4 days, and by Sunday/Monday I should get my hands on the welcome kit. (delivered by bluedart)
Bluedart dont deliver on Sunday so by Monday then.

You can also opt for firsttap sticker (rupay platinum) for a one time charge of 99rs incase you need to utilize APAY 20% Friday Offer.

• 0 MAB Requirement
  • Visa Signature DC
Storytime:

Account Opening Process:

In which city have you opened IDFC FF account?

i had a similar experience few days back, the guy i approached for opening the account started telling me the account variants they offered. I told him i want to get the Future first account opened. I could see the happiness and glitter in his eyes fade away. he said there is no such account option. Some other guy sitting nearby after asking my details started opening the account(normal account route) and showed me on his tab that there is no option for FF account. I said Customer care directed me to this branch after confirming that my college is eligible for this account(i lied, didn't call cust care). He then went back started entering all details again this time for real opening the FF account.

Received the Visa sig card yesterday and tbh it looks good

Back