• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC Future First Savings Account

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Thinking of opening a Future First Savings Account with IDFC Bank. The services are more or less similar to a premium account at any bank with no MAB or Debit Card charges (Visa Signature is being offered).

Anyone who is using it currently, how has been the experience?

Cc_creditguy

TF Premier
I too had faced the same issue while opening the account but successfully opened the account without official email varification.
Someone in this community says that College ID varification not mendatory, but in the account opening process I can see the option of uploading signature and ID card, and the employee do uploaded my College ID.
In my case the branch employee is very much helpful and polite, asked zero initial funding.
Within 5 minutes the account was opened and within 2 days the debit card was live for transaction.
Now the welcome kit is in transit.
After graduation will it be. Aa zero balance account

anujparihar

TF Buzz
I am not sure, but the customer care folks told me that signature is not given anymore and issued me a platinum debit card. Can anyone help me out on getting the signature card for future first variant?
Edit: I have reached out on email with them for the same right now
Guys, an update on my situation
Basically, this was a last try but it may kinda work. I raised a service request and also emailed the customer care via email.
Over a couple of days, received a call from my RM regarding the same.
Went to my nearest branch since my home branch is in a different state altogether, Initially the branch manager there said only platinum and classic but then i explained the whole situation and how a friend of mine got a signature card even tho he applied in December 2023 and showed him the pictures of the card (courtesy of @pkpr , thanks alot for sharing your card image) then he talked to my RM, they discussed something and at the end of the conversation, he initiated the issuance via their internal portal
Will keep everyone posted here, once i receive the card.

another

TF Buzz
About 15 days have passed since I opened my FF account. I have not received DC till date nor is it visible in app.

P.S.: I'm existing customer of IDFC First Bank, already holding 25K MAB account.

anujparihar

TF Buzz
Guys, an update on my situation
Basically, this was a last try but it may kinda work. I raised a service request and also emailed the customer care via email.
Over a couple of days, received a call from my RM regarding the same.
Went to my nearest branch since my home branch is in a different state altogether, Initially the branch manager there said only platinum and classic but then i explained the whole situation and how a friend of mine got a signature card even tho he applied in December 2023 and showed him the pictures of the card (courtesy of @pkpr , thanks alot for sharing your card image) then he talked to my RM, they discussed something and at the end of the conversation, he initiated the issuance via their internal portal
Will keep everyone posted here, once i receive the card.
Finally they dispatched a signature debit card. I can see it on my app that i have a signature debit card now, waiting for bluedart to deliver it :)

Edit: I got a future first visa signature Debit card

Last edited:

raghav_mri

TF Buzz
Guys, I opened the account but I was supposed to get the Visa Signature card but I got the Visa Platinum card. Is it normal or should I give them a call and ask for signature card

sidp

TF Ace
Actually I Have made some changes in Name in my aadhar now hence it's not allowing 😭
You can go to branch and do re kyc. If you dont know the existing customer id, give them your registered mobile number, they can find it. In worst case scenario, they'll ask you to Sign an affidavit that earlier there was a mistake in adhaar name. As pan number stays constant, there wont be any problem. Also click pictures of your submission and ask for service request number and tat. Once they update your profile, you can do it through tab.

During my 1st visit, I didn't get otp in student mail ID. Next page it asked for employment proof. I told him it is for college id as this is a student account not salary account. Anyway he was searching for excuse not to open as 0 bal account doesnt help them with their targets. He said the branch is small, their system was not updated for these special accounts. I should try with the branch nearest to my college.

Thing is I've graduated long time back. I don't plan to travel so far for a new account. I again went after few days and this time ff account wasn't even in the list of account. I called customer care right there and complained that branch employees are not helping. How many times I have to come for an account opening. Then the girl sent me to her supervisor and account was magically opened in 2 mins without any kind of otp.

In my experience if there is any problem with bank, keep calm and speak in English even if they speak hindi. Automatically their attitude changes.