• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC Select Vs Wealth Vs Private requirements

I have had 1cr in savings account but I m told I need atleast 50L in investments to get IDFC Private.. I hold IDFC wealth..

Can we get IDFC Private by 1cr purely in savings?
Tell them to f*ck off and mention you are going to close your account by end of this month. Watch how things change.

Go to a different IDFC branch, act as new customer and tell them you want to open a new account but you want to Private banking directly. They will quote you 50L. Rest you know how to manage. :)

My RM was insisting on investment in ULIP so he can get approval for anyone for Wealth, so I settled with first select , now will try after 3 months for wealth

My RM was insisting on investment in ULIP so he can get approval for anyone for Wealth, so I settled with first select , now will try after 3 months for wealth
Here is my detailed analysis . Select vs. Wealth in terms of CB is hardly 80 INR difference.

Take them for a ride, bro. This is clearly against framework designed by RBI.

CIBIL reporting should be done only after activation of card. But as they activated without consent and charged joining fee, they reported accordingly. Your experience is a lesson for customers also who will now have to ascertain whether they will be charged JF without activation too or whether card gts activated itself without ssetting PIN.

Since I opened account with IDFC, I have been bugged twice for Credit Card by them but I will never go for it. 6 cards (5 banks) already more than enough. Just keeping 3.25L with IDFC for Select upgrade.
What benefits do you get with Select upgrade, can I know pls? Hope you mean SB a/c.

What benefits do you get with Select upgrade, can I know pls? Hope you mean SB a/c.
Select is wealth banking variant of savings acc. Not much benefit but only DC which has rewards of 2.5% above 50K. Till 50K 0.50-0.93%. So upgrade is only for getting new DC with more rewards. But once CC pay via DC stops, most of these cards will be closed by me except HDFC Millennia DC ones and acc. back to regular savings. :ROFLMAO:

Do they downgrade immediately if MAB is not maintained ... or is there any charges or fee for not maintaining the MAB?

This information has been confirmed with IDFC

IDFC Select - 3L Savings balance
IDFC Wealth - 10L Savings balance
IDFC Private - 50L Savings balance

No investments, insurance purchase etc are required. This is purely based on savings account balance.
it seems, recently Idfc officially put up the criteria for select and wealth on their website ( attaching pic below)
I have had 1cr in savings account but I m told I need atleast 50L in investments to get IDFC Private.. I hold IDFC wealth..

Can we get IDFC Private by 1cr purely in savings?
By purely having 10L in Savings, one can get wealth
By having 1Cr, you should be able to get Private...

1726214190847.webp

1726214214879.webp

Then it becomes 2.5% or 0.93% for spends above 50k & upto 340k?😐

Am I missing something here?😬
First 50K, 0.5-0.93% depending on card you got. After that all wealth banking program gives 10X points equals to 2.5%. When you add all it comes out to be 2.63% finally.

0-50K: Normal Points
Above 50K- 10X points. Upper limits defined at website.

First 50K, 0.5-0.93% depending on card you got. After that all wealth banking program gives 10X points equals to 2.5%. When you add all it comes out to be 2.63% finally.

0-50K: Normal Points
Above 50K- 10X points. Upper limits defined at website.
Ohh, I thought you're talking about Select only. ⏬
Select is wealth banking variant of savings acc. Not much benefit but only DC which has rewards of 2.5% above 50K. Till 50K 0.50-0.93%.

Rest I am aware about.

It's 0.3%, 0.5%, 0.67% and 1% for General, Select, Wealth & Private respectively, spends upto 50k.

And above 50k, it's ~1.67% for General and 2.5% for all rest three of them, i.e., Select, Wealth & Private.

Back