• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Moving account to Axis : Burgundy account assistance

Hey there everyone, Apologies for being a little new in this sector. My primary account has been HDFC for a considerable time, I also have Infinia Metal cc which is my primary card. But recently HDFC has done quite a few malpractices which makes me super hesitant to continue with them (Had my sibling naively open new account when she claimed credit card was attempted fraudulently (nothing happened, it was just attempted and she had blocked her cc to be on safe side & just raised as a precautionary measure to the RM, but RM probably saw the advantage in opening a new account in filling his quota goals), about 3M funds +more were blocked for over 2 months while this transition to new account happened and he falsely also got signatures for FD without informing and so on, raised it to RBI, HDFc lied and denied on doing anything of this sort, its a long sucky story :( )

Planning to move to Axis bank. And considering applying to Magnus via Burgandy card. Not sure what the difficulties arise. Can someone please assist me in giving the variants of savings/salaried account and requirements at Axis. Is burgundy one of the top ones? Is it possible to open it at that level right away with say a certain MAB or FD, if I move from my current account.
If not Magnus, is there any recommendation for card which I can obtain at LTF.

Apologies for the lengthy message, thanks in advance for your help

It will be like you escaped from bad and went to disaster :unsure:

Burgundy Private is top one with 5Cr. next is Burgundy with 10L MAB.

Yes, you can open directly at this level.. visit branch and apply.

On paper, select is LTF but not recommended. You can't obtain by default any other as LTF, need to check with BM and get approvals. Recommended M4B (difficult) or Atlas. Olympus also decent one but its also difficult for LTF.

Suggestion: Take all the money from HDFC, close it and move to another branch instead of bank.

Last edited:
check Before u go to axis. M4B is not issued now temporarly.. plus M4B is 30+.. u can go for olympus.. Which will start from august. So check with the ranch near ur place n then decide. As said Axis is Shitter. So be careful.

check Before u go to axis. M4B is not issued now temporarly.. plus M4B is 30+.. u can go for olympus.. Which will start from august. So check with the ranch near ur place n then decide. As said Axis is Shitter. So be careful.
Thanks for your help. M4B is Magnus for Burgundy right? I'm still okay with 30+ given there's a possibility of getting good support + equivalent credit card to infinia, but that sucks if it is not being issued right now. Do you think there's a possibility of getting olympus as LTF or . Is there any specific account variant I should aim for while reaching out to them?

Thanks

It will be like you escaped from bad and went to disaster :unsure:

Burgundy Private is top one with 5Cr. next is Burgundy with 10L MAB.

Yes, you can open directly at this level.. visit branch and apply.

On paper, select is LTF but not recommended. You can't obtain by default any other as LTF, need to check with BM and get approvals. Recommended M4B (difficult) or Atlas. Olympus also decent one but its also difficult for LTF.

Suggestion: Take all the money from HDFC, close it and move to another branch instead of bank.
The words hit so hard haha. From bad to a disaster. Thanks for explaining the variant. I would try to reach out to the branch aiming for Burgundy + M4B or atlas. And try to gauge their interest.

Is there any other bank+card combination you recommend while moving away from hdfc imperia+infinia?

Like said earlier, change the HDFC branch and continue your fight!
If used right for 5x/10x, there is no card currently available which beats Infinia rewards

Like said earlier, change the HDFC branch and continue your fight!
If used right for 5x/10x, there is no card currently available which beats Infinia rewards
True. Thank you so much. It just sucks that even changing the branch + RM would void years of association for any other benefits in future. But yes, I am finding it hard to find an alternate cc unless there's something which is ltf that I can take advantage of. Thanks again

The words hit so hard haha. From bad to a disaster. Thanks for explaining the variant. I would try to reach out to the branch aiming for Burgundy + M4B or atlas. And try to gauge their interest.

Is there any other bank+card combination you recommend while moving away from hdfc imperia+infinia?
If trying for atlas. Keep all ur travel bills safe as axis and ask them anytime for verification

True. Thank you so much. It just sucks that even changing the branch + RM would void years of association for any other benefits in future. But yes, I am finding it hard to find an alternate cc unless there's something which is ltf that I can take advantage of. Thanks again
This is how I use my cards:
1. HDFC Infinia: For all 5x/10x
2. SBI Air India Signature: For all rest (gives 10% Air India points on spends)
3. Amex Travel: Only use till 4L p.a. spends to get 48k marriott points every year
4. Axis Magnus : For offers only - keeping till renewal
5. HDFC Tata Neu Infinity: For all UPI spends

Hey there everyone, Apologies for being a little new in this sector. My primary account has been HDFC for a considerable time, I also have Infinia Metal cc which is my primary card. But recently HDFC has done quite a few malpractices which makes me super hesitant to continue with them (Had my sibling naively open new account when she claimed credit card was attempted fraudulently (nothing happened, it was just attempted and she had blocked her cc to be on safe side & just raised as a precautionary measure to the RM, but RM probably saw the advantage in opening a new account in filling his quota goals), about 3M funds +more were blocked for over 2 months while this transition to new account happened and he falsely also got signatures for FD without informing and so on, raised it to RBI, HDFc lied and denied on doing anything of this sort, its a long sucky story :( )

Planning to move to Axis bank. And considering applying to Magnus via Burgandy card. Not sure what the difficulties arise. Can someone please assist me in giving the variants of savings/salaried account and requirements at Axis. Is burgundy one of the top ones? Is it possible to open it at that level right away with say a certain MAB or FD, if I move from my current account.
If not Magnus, is there any recommendation for card which I can obtain at LTF.

Apologies for the lengthy message, thanks in advance for your help
I think rather than move out of HDFC (could just be a bad RM / branch attitude/ issue) - move to the largest branch in your city. Make sure you have the branch managers email ID and get a new RM and mark the BM in your communications.

HDFC per me is far superior than Axis.

HDFC is still your best bet. The issue you faced was personnel issue and not a bank product issue. I'd probably has escalated to BM first, a lot of problems gets solved there itself. If that didn't help I would have requested change of RM (explaining the fraud practice) in written to the central team.

HDFC has its problems but it's the best out there for now. Unless you get lucky and got an excellent RM or very very rich.

This is how I use my cards:
1. HDFC Infinia: For all 5x/10x
2. SBI Air India Signature: For all rest (gives 10% Air India points on spends)
3. Amex Travel: Only use till 4L p.a. spends to get 48k marriott points every year
4. Axis Magnus : For offers only - keeping till renewal
5. HDFC Tata Neu Infinity: For all UPI spends
Thank you for sharing your portfolio. That is pretty neat to get an understanding. A bit offtrack the main thread but I mostly used just infinia and amex so would like to know more about tata neu infinity, what is the appx benefit you get for UPI payments, would you suggest getting this card on portfolio or is there a better one to aim for, for upi payments.

HDFC is still your best bet. The issue you faced was personnel issue and not a bank product issue. I'd probably has escalated to BM first, a lot of problems gets solved there itself. If that didn't help I would have requested change of RM (explaining the fraud practice) in written to the central team.

HDFC has its problems but it's the best out there for now. Unless you get lucky and got an excellent RM or very very rich.
yeah, you are right. I am finding it diff to find an alternative for hdfc. It's just the whole experience had been so frustrating and wanted to switch (it legit felt like coming out from a movie, where my branch manager + RM played evil villains, lying after lying. It din help that my acc was in tier-2 city so there weren't many options, branch wise for me), I will definitely explore your advice. Thanks

I don't think there is any alternative to HDFC bank (mainstream banks) in terms of both banking experience and credit card features combined. Trust me on this as I have some premium account at multiple banks. Here is my take
1. ICICI bank wealth : Excellent banking experience and app but shitty cards (except EPM)
2. HDFC Imperia : Good balance between banking and credit card portfolio.
3. Axis Burgundy : Shity banking experience, decent credit card portfolio. I had to move my mom's account to IDFC.
4. IDFC wealth: Excellent banking and app support, below average credit card portfolio.
5. Indusind Select : Good banking experience, excellent features in debit cards, below average CC portfolio.

Just FYI I don't have my salary account at HDFC, I still hold my salary account at ICICI bank for the last 14 years as I get excellent banking experience from them.

Looks like you have more interest on getting good credit card via a premium account and not interested in the banking experience, then you can try your luck with AXIS.

Just read a few posts,
I need to put this again, people say Axis is shitter in terms of the credit card devaluations and few hiccups related to card blocking and points disbursement.

Coming to pure banking it’s good and compared to HDFC I liked it a lot. HDFC branch runs on fulfilling their targets only. From BM TO RM, everyone is useless until I send an email to grievance.

Just read a few posts,
I need to put this again, people say Axis is shitter in terms of the credit card devaluations and few hiccups related to card blocking and points disbursement.

Coming to pure banking it’s good and compared to HDFC I liked it a lot. HDFC branch runs on fulfilling their targets only. From BM TO RM, everyone is useless until I send an email to grievance.
No :( i have axis and HDFC.. amount of follow up required with axis is lot and more over there is no proper point of contact
Now we have salary account option our team is trying to reach the RM/BM contact shared ..till date no resposne
Finally our salary desk asked us wait till the mess is cleared

Am not saying HDFC is best but atleast if we shout in HDFC some one will hear us and hardly any open cases will take more than a week for resolution
MY RM is bad but her manager is good which is holding me for now

No :( i have axis and HDFC.. amount of follow up required with axis is lot and more over there is no proper point of contact
Now we have salary account option our team is trying to reach the RM/BM contact shared ..till date no resposne
Finally our salary desk asked us wait till the mess is cleared

Am not saying HDFC is best but atleast if we shout in HDFC some one will hear us and hardly any open cases will take more than a week for resolution
MY RM is bad but her manager is good which is holding me for now
Yes that’s what makes you stand apart. Everyone is like sharing their personal opinion based on CC, hence I shared mine. Every bank is shitty, I may have been lucky in Axis ecosystem as I have mentioned it in TF few times. Nonetheless, OP needs to sort it out in HDFC first. No matter what, chances are high that a similar unwanted situation would occur in another bank or branch. Better learn to get your hands dirty.

Thank you for sharing your portfolio. That is pretty neat to get an understanding. A bit offtrack the main thread but I mostly used just infinia and amex so would like to know more about tata neu infinity, what is the appx benefit you get for UPI payments, would you suggest getting this card on portfolio or is there a better one to aim for, for upi payments.
I think with 1.5% return on upi, HDFC Tata Neu Infinity is the best. However, one will have to live with upi payments through their pathetic tata neu app - I would really hope they come up with an independent upi app but it won't make business sense for them!

Just read a few posts,

like you shared your experience with XS and HDF where you found XS is better compared to HDF. Similarly, people share their opinion. Some people mentioned ICCI is good with banking along with IDFC.

So, in all sense all banks are same. Its the experience we had with branches and interaction we had with their support etc. shows our opinion favourable to one bank.

Nothing wrong in any bank itself.

like you shared your experience with XS and HDF where you found XS is better compared to HDF. Similarly, people share their opinion. Some people mentioned ICCI is good with banking along with IDFC.

So, in all sense all banks are same. Its the experience we had with branches and interaction we had with their support etc. shows our opinion favourable to one bank.

Nothing wrong in any bank itself.
Yep in the second post I explained

Back