• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need card suggestions for income tax payment

Pravas

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi all,

Please suggest me a good credit card for income tax payment of 4+ lakhs for my parents.

I have gone through a lot of posts in the forum but couldn't find latest information after IDFC wealth devaluation

Cards I considered so far
1. SC smart earn - 1K cap per month. Won't work for me.
2. SC ultimate: shitty reward redemption option
3. Amex platinum travel: Not sure if amex is supported in incometax portal and whether the spends will be counted towards milestone.

Current cards that I have may give me some rewards
1. ICICI Amazon pay
2. IDFC wealth

Thanks in advance for your valuable time and suggestions.

Hi all,

Please suggest me a good credit card for income tax payment of 4+ lakhs for my parents.

I have gone through a lot of posts in the forum but couldn't find latest information after IDFC wealth devaluation

3. Amex platinum travel: Not sure if amex is supported in incometax portal and whether the spends will be counted towards milestone.

1. ICICI Amazon pay
2. IDFC wealth

U r welcome
AmEx mostly wont work with govt gateways
Instead of idfc wealth get vistara idfc and spend 3l over it u will get 3 premium economy tickets which is good return if you’re a traveler

Hi all,

1. ICICI Amazon pay
2. IDFC wealth

Hdfc biz black
Naam toh suna hoga

5 lakh fd is amount for fd card
Or
If u have 4 + lakh limit cc u can apply it as flotter card

Hdfc biz black
Naam toh suna hoga

Or
Not sure if I should get a business card and use it for personal use.
Also 10k annual fees when I already have infinia just for paying 4L taxes does not make a lot of sense.

Am I missing something here ?

Hdfc biz black
Naam toh suna hoga

Or
I have other premium cards but no HDFC(cancelled my Regalia), Imperia relationship with deposits more than their requirements, but HDFC offers me bizgrow paid. Bizblack to dur ki baat hai.

My father still has HDFC Regalia with 5L plus limit and spent 3L plus last year on it. Part of Imperia group and meets 5L FD requirement. They are not upgrading his card since 8 years.(No limit enhancement either). Plus, no targeted credit card spends offers either. His card is now locked in the drawer without spends.

The bizblack requirement you mentioned maybe for new to bank customers. Old customers are kacchra for them. Or you can share my details of the RM that can get me the card.

HDFC is equally shitty as Axis bank, just that people keep running to them for Infinia with desperation.

Last edited:
Is this for paid or ltf. Can I just use this form and get the card automatically by meeting their requirements?

I am an existing forgotten customer of HDFC
As it is mentioned in the form, it’s paid but you can get your joining fee back if you fulfill the spending criteria.
You can use the form and go to a nearest bank to submit the application or talk to your RM. I am yet to see someone getting the card via this route. I talked to my RM about this, he said it’s possible even with any FD amount but I need to have current account with them. On the other side I another non HDFC person he said it’s not a requirement to have current account with hdfc.

Not sure if I should get a business card and use it for personal use.
Also 10k annual fees when I already have infinia just for paying 4L taxes does not make a lot of sense.

Am I missing something here ?
Yes , spend 1.5 lakh in 90 days and card is FYF, plus you get around decent RP for 1lakh spend ( 50k regular + 50k tax ), go through the product pdf on website.

Back