• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

NEPAL TRIP(USE OF CARDS)

Bob78900

TF Premier
Next Month i am travelling to nepal with my family.(7-8 members)
There is lot of things which I don't know. This will be the first time i am going to somewhere from flight. I want to know best price flights and hotels and from where can I book flights and hotels .
The next thing is i am not a person who carries lot of cash.
I am holding some credit cards and 3 debit cards list is here
Credit cards
Hdfc millennia (Visa)
Icici Amazon pay(visa)
Icici hpcl coral(visa
One card(bob visa)
Idfc first select (visa)
Axis my zone(visa)
Bob premier (Visa)
Au xicte ultra(Visa)
Indusind legend (visa)
Hsbc smart vale( visa)
Debit cards
Canara rupay and visa both
Icici debit card(mastercard)
Which card will work in nepal at pos machines as well as ATM for atm i am only using debit card if it will work but for pos i will use credit cards.
If these card will not work which card will work any forex card if yes please suggest me forex card which is low at fees and i can get easily and will work in nepal.
Also from where should i exchange the currency inr to npr.
Waiting for your responses

Last edited:

telescope

TF Ace
All cards will work in Nepal. Make sure international transaction is ON from card settings. ATM withdrawal will have huge fees in Nepal and is best avoided as much as possible.

Indian rupees (cash) accepted at all shops in Nepal but exchange rate will be bad. Better to take some cash and exchange it to Nepalese rupee. None of the cards you have are zero forex. So, it'll cost you a good amount.

telescope

TF Ace
But on the back of my card it is written that it is not valid for payments in nepal and bhutan

Is there any other forex card i can apply to save fee
It's written that you cannot pay foreign exchange in Nepal and Bhutan. Meaning foreign currency other than Indian rupee and Nepalese rupee is not allowed. Example - you cannot pay in us dollar in Nepal.

Never even think of of forex cards in Nepal. Because banks do not load Nepalese rupee. If you buy forex card with USD, then you are paying commission to bank for INR to USD conversion. Again you will be charged huge markup while conversion from USD to NPR. In this way, you'll end up losing 7-8% at the very least.

Bob78900

TF Premier
Your best bet is to get zero forex cc such as world safari, scapia, idfc wow, etc.

For cash requirements get indusind exclusive debit card or indie.
Can you please tell me how forex conversion is calculated suppose i am purchasing something worth 1000NPR and my card have 2% forex markup fee how extra i am paying
I am new to this i hope you will understand nd will help me

Bob78900

TF Premier
Which card should i use to book flight tickets in order to get maximum benefit from card.
And There is one person who is 18 is travelling with me is there any way that we can opt for student fare for him and normal fare for rest of the members in a single booking

Next Month i am travelling to nepal with my family.(7-8 members)
There is lot of things which I don't know. This will be the first time i am going to somewhere from flight. I want to know best price flights and hotels and from where can I book flights and hotels .
The next thing is i am not a person who carries lot of cash.
I am holding some credit cards and 3 debit cards list is here
Credit cards
Hdfc millennia (Visa)
Icici Amazon pay(visa)
Icici hpcl coral(visa
One card(bob visa)
Idfc first select (visa)
Axis my zone(visa)
Bob premier (Visa)
Au xicte ultra(Visa)
Indusind legend (visa)
Hsbc smart vale( visa)
Debit cards
Canara rupay and visa both
Icici debit card(mastercard)
Which card will work in nepal at pos machines as well as ATM for atm i am only using debit card if it will work but for pos i will use credit cards.
If these card will not work which card will work any forex card if yes please suggest me forex card which is low at fees and i can get easily and will work in nepal.
Also from where should i exchange the currency inr to npr.
Waiting for your responses
When you visit pls. check and confirm...is there UPI transaction works?

telescope

TF Ace
Which card should i use to book flight tickets in order to get maximum benefit from card.
And There is one person who is 18 is travelling with me is there any way that we can opt for student fare for him and normal fare for rest of the members in a single booking
Student fare only applicable for journey to and from home city and city of study. Not applicable in this case.

telescope

TF Ace
Among your cards you can use Apay icici and hdfc millennia. 1% cashback.