• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

NEW American express Platinum charge Fees and Benefits

Jitna fee hike hua hai utni fees kafi premium cards ki annual fees hoti hai...

I am shocked why some people suddenly started thinking if they should take this card just after getting the news of fees hike.
If they didn't think of this card before fees hike, why should they think after fees hike?? Clearly FOMO thing.

Pretty much. I'll give a recent example. I've used the Amex complimentary Radisson Premium membership and made a reservation on my international travel last month, reserved a room worth 25k/night for 4 nights. Being a premium member, I will be upgrade to the next available class/room and I did get upgraded to a suite that's worth around 50k/night for 3 nights as they didn't have a suite available the first night I was there.

So it's not the spends that you have with the card unlike other premium cards you have, you can still get quite a bit of value of it with the benefits this card comes with. It just depends on your lifestyle but someone who travels domestic/international and stays in hotels can get the maximum value out of this card.
Finally someone spoke out what I've always thought,

This card brings value in the benefits you get by holding this card and not by return rate on spends

And therefore it's for people who have that kind of income, spends and lifestyle
Not for regular folks(like me) looking for rewards or cashback

Last edited:
Jitna fee hike hua hai utni fees kafi premium cards ki annual fees hoti hai...

I am shocked why some people suddenly started thinking if they should take this card just after getting the news of fees hike.
If they didn't think of this card before fees hike, why should they think after fees hike?? Clearly FOMO thing.
Not FOMO. This is usually how it works. Inflation hits hard. Hike in price of petrol, onions and many more affects the same way. It’s the basic analogy people should understand.

Finally someone spoke out what I've always thought,

This card brings value in the benefits you get by holding this card and by return rate on spends

And therefore it's for people who have that kind of income, spends and lifestyle
Not for regular folks(like me) looking for rewards or cashback
The bottom line is, do you already lead an opulent lifestyle and are willing to shell out more than the average person for the finer experiences of life? You’ll get even better value for your extravagance with this card. The fee hike is a chump change for you to continue living that lifestyle.

But if you are someone who believes in saving every penny while trying to get the best bang for your buck, stay away, far far away from this card. Even if you got carried away by the hype and got this card for the first year, in the depths of your frugal heart you know that you don’t belong here.

The bottom line is, do you already lead an opulent lifestyle and are willing to shell out more than the average person for the finer experiences of life? You’ll get even better value for your extravagance with this card. The fee hike is a chump change for you to continue living that lifestyle.

But if you are someone who believes in saving every penny while trying to get the best bang for your buck, stay away, far far away from this card. Even if you got carried away by the hype and got this card for the first year, in the depths of your frugal heart you know that you don’t belong here.
Very very true

I see a lot of people criticizing this card and calling much worse then Infinia when the fact is this card is in a league of its own and has no comparison to Infinia or ther cards,
most people don't really understand this card

135K MR offer is still on. I too got it and valid till 30th Sept.

It is an upgrade offer, it won't be applicable for applying via referral
Are you availing the offer bro, if yes please guide me too on how to maximize the benefits out of it, I dont intend to use any benefits that i get out of it for personal usage, as of now.

Its card for Higher class and there circles and network (amex lounge).... Cashback and ROI calculation karne walo ke liye nahi hai....
Other's are premium cards but this is luxury card....

Are you availing the offer bro, if yes please guide me too on how to maximize the benefits out of it, I dont intend to use any benefits that i get out of it for personal usage, as of now.
No I am not going to avail...Getting this offer since last year. I have other super premium cards that are much better. I don't find plat charge much useful and I don't want to juggle it only for one year

Back