• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

NEW American express Platinum charge Fees and Benefits

my amex card is approved yestreday, i asked customer care that i want to use card for online purpose so tell me how to look at virtual card from app/website, they said card number can only be accessed by physical looking at it, is it true?

my amex card is approved yestreday, i asked customer care that i want to use card for online purpose so tell me how to look at virtual card from app/website, they said card number can only be accessed by physical looking at it, is it true?
Yes, online card cannot be viewed. You can setup only after you receive the card.

Yes there were many cases. Many just taken this card for Joining benefits only. I will share one more experience recently at Delhi Airport T3, As myself and my brother was walking and we were crossing Amex kiosk and executives called us. Later on he was asking Do you own any Amex cards and we told our cards As I hold Plat Charge he was insisting my brother to take Plat Charge and said income verification won't happen as you have Amex cards and it will be approved. Although he had eligibility but I was shocked listening to that.
I think AMEX perfectly used our Indian mindsets and some extent to ego (holding AMEX Plat card), left and right they give upgrades to all types of existing card holders as well new customers in last 8-9 months, total number of AMEX Plat card holders in India increased by 30%-40%. Once they found they had sufficient number of base members, they increased fees in-exchange of minimal rewards and introduced annual retention criteria.

At first many members holding SmartEam/MRCC/Gold cards upgraded because of 135k RPs as welcome benefits, which can be best used for converting to Marriott RPs. But to note that most of the Marriott property has increased RPs redemption to an average of 20k-25k RPs per night. So you will get at most 5-6 free nights.Again depends if you are staying as single, couple, family with kids etc.

They should thought when ready to pay annual fees from existing 500/- or 4,500/- to 70,000/-.
Now most of them have 3 options after 1 year:
1. Pay 76k
2. Spend 20L to get 45k RPs.
3. Cancel the card

I saw some of my friends even taking personal loans to hold super premium cards which has spend based fees exemption.
BIG TRRAPPP IN LIFE !!

I think AMEX perfectly used our Indian mindsets and some extent to ego (holding AMEX Plat card), left and right they give upgrades to all types of existing card holders as well new customers in last 8-9 months, total number of AMEX Plat card holders in India increased by 30%-40%. Once they found they had sufficient number of base members, they increased fees in-exchange of minimal rewards and introduced annual retention criteria.

At first many members holding SmartEam/MRCC/Gold cards upgraded because of 135k RPs as welcome benefits, which can be best used for converting to Marriott RPs. But to note that most of the Marriott property has increased RPs redemption to an average of 20k-25k RPs per night. So you will get at most 5-6 free nights.Again depends if you are staying as single, couple, family with kids etc.

They should thought when ready to pay annual fees from existing 500/- or 4,500/- to 70,000/-.
1. Pay 76k
3. Cancel the card

I saw some of my friends even taking personal loans to hold super premium cards which has spend based fees exemption.
BIG TRRAPPP IN LIFE !!
Loan to take super premium cards?? That's a trap definitely.

1. Pay 76k
3. Cancel the card

BIG TRRAPPP IN LIFE !!
Taking personal loan for premium cards is just another level. Their are few influencers who shows they travel free with points to Europe or etc, are somewhat influencing this kind of people who can’t afford this kind or cards or spending, and gets strucked in a loop of loan.

Taking personal loan for premium cards is just another level. Their are few influencers who shows they travel free with points to Europe or etc, are somewhat influencing this kind of people who can’t afford this kind or cards or spending, and gets strucked in a loop of loan.
I still remember same things happened 1 year back in Axis Manus case, where customers are eligible for 25,000 bonus points on 1L spend (per calendar month), so much unnecessary spends by few peoples and taking loans to pay credit card bills.

I just checked with Amex Customer Care, and I am one of those who got the card in Jan 2024. I will unfortunately not get the 10k Taj voucher for my birthday; this feels unfair for those like me whose birthday is in November or December. Although I have 20L+ spending already, I will think twice before renewing looking at my potential spending next year to help me decide whether it is worth it.

I just checked with Amex Customer Care, and I am one of those who got the card in Jan 2024. I will unfortunately not get the 10k Taj voucher for my birthday; this feels unfair for those like me whose birthday is in November or December. Although I have 20L+ spending already, I will think twice before renewing looking at my potential spending next year to help me decide whether it is worth it.
Take a second opinion from the CC again. Coz what I understood is that if you are already an existing card holder then you will get the Taj bday voucher for the first year irrespective whether ur bday falls before or post Oct 8 and it would be unavailable from the renewal ie 2 year onwards

Back