• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

NEW American express Platinum charge Fees and Benefits

@BVC @drsel @BestBanker any inputs on how to make best use of the benefits, I won't be using the reward points myself.
Then don’t take it. Plat Charge card focus is mainly for people using above 20L, using concierge services, using Amex lounges travelling via Mumbai and Delhi, Reward Multiplier platforms, using Hotel Loyalty programs well.

Then don’t take it. Plat Charge card focus is mainly for people using above 20L, using concierge services, using Amex lounges travelling via Mumbai and Delhi, Reward Multiplier platforms, using Hotel Loyalty programs well.
I was thinking to take coz I will get 135000 RP which if converted to MB and sold can fetch around 0.45 Value per RP = Rs.60750 Around , If I get chance to get additional 30% as well on points transfer by Amex MB offer, it will fetch around Rs.79k , anything which comes extra as card feature is icing on cake.

your additional inputs on this are requested.

I was thinking to take coz I will get 135000 RP which if converted to MB and sold can fetch around 0.45 Value per RP = Rs.60750 Around , If I get chance to get additional 30% as well on points transfer by Amex MB offer, it will fetch around Rs.79k , anything which comes extra as card feature is icing on cake.

your additional inputs on this are requested.
You can do that. If you wish to do. But 30% transfer bonus is not guaranteed every time. Enjoy if you get it else, don’t regret.

Platinum charge card fees is increasing soon . So let me know if you wish to take before that.
TLDR : A disappointment.

Wish to read :

TLDR : A disappointment.

Wish to read :
That’s a scathing criticism coming from Siddharth, who is the OG CC influencer. I admit I may have undermined the fee hike impact in my earlier posts in this thread.

Looks like these are the OTT subscriptions/discounts, just a Times Prime subscription: https://www.americanexpress.com/content/dam/amex/in/benefits/Times_ace.pdf

OTT details: https://www.americanexpress.com/content/dam/amex/in/benefits/Benefit_Terms.pdf

Very underwhelming - almost all are lower tier subscription levels (Disney Super = with ads instead of Premium, Amazon Prime Lite(?)), bunch of other random OTTs/publications and discoubts/subscriptions to some random services (Cricbuzz/Geetanjali Salons?)

There are pretty much no "premium" level subscriptions/offers you'd expect from a premium card

This card deserves better benefit from what they have refreshed the benefits. I think we will see lot of surrendering of this card or negotiation can happen for renewal. Existing benefit was better but could have given marriot platinum tier or they could have added ITC gold or higher on tier keeping the Taj birthday 10k voucher. Don't know where this card is going to end.

Reactions: BVC
This card deserves better benefit from what they have refreshed the benefits. I think we will see lot of surrendering of this card or negotiation can happen for renewal. Existing benefit was better but could have given marriot platinum tier or they could have added ITC gold or higher on tier keeping the Taj birthday 10k voucher. Don't know where this card is going to end.
Amex always wants new customers on referrals. But they wont reward existing customers.

- When Bestbanker was telling about new hotel loyalty program, even I was expecting ITC which will have a good use case for people in India. Already Radisson is not useful for many, now Postcard to will join the list.

Amex always wants new customers on referrals. But they wont reward existing customers.

- When Bestbanker was telling about new hotel loyalty program, even I was expecting ITC which will have a good use case for people in India. Already Radisson is not useful for many, now Postcard to will join the list.
Correct Postcard is very expensive. Raddison is a good hotel properties you can find with better prices it is a balance on wallet. Agree ITC I was hoping too. Postcard minimum 22k without tax too expensive..

Reactions: BVC
Amex has to take GC seriously. They are more interested on Platinum range cards only.
Do nothing.
  1. Make it metal
  2. Merge both plat travel and Gold Charge into one product
  3. Make the fee 10k + GST
I'll happily pay for it. Hell I hold both Plat travel and GC.

Anything above that like multipliers in categories I'll take it happily. Make 15k+ if they have to

Back