• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

New design for Amex MRCC

I don't think it'll be metal, if it were the case, there would be a massive spam lol. But I do wish it is true
same here lol. But it would be strange that Amex would give an option for metal but doesn't deliver a metal card. The screenshots clearly say "Metal" card twice there.
Check your amex app. If the account has been migrated to Plat charge, it will show up there. If not, you'll get plastic gold charge.
I did, it still is Gold charge card. And about getting plastic, I said above the same, and if it's plastic, it's fine, atleast I'll get the new design plastic as my current gold charge is of old design and was gonna expire next year anyways.

Btw I heard Gold charge card in the US do comes with metal edition. May be American Express added that option in India too now?

Last edited:
Btw I heard Gold charge card in the US do comes with metal edition. May be American Express added that option in India too now?
US Gold charge is in a league of it's own when it comes to reward structure and spend/non spend benefits. As of today the card comes with 75k MR points as the joining bonus. They even have a rose gold colour option. Also, the card comes with a fee of 250 USD. It will be great if Amex offers metal Gold charge in India, but I don't think the card then will remain this cheap. I wish you get the metal gold and then we all reach up to Amex's neck for the same 🤣

Final update : So I received the card now. Ughh, not metal. 😣 :cautious: This sucks.

As I don't have privilege to post a new thread hence posting here. I have 2 Amex cards, Gold charge card and MRCC. Today I received new design MRCC card, and it looks beautiful but my gold charge card have this old design so thought of replacing it via website but strangely I got an option of Metal card in replacing gold charge card.

I was curious, so called the customer service and even the lady on phone had no option of "metal" card for Gold charge card. She said may be it is upgrading your card to metal platinum new upgrade card, I said no, it shows Gold charge card only. Then she said she talked to supervisor and yes metal card is an option and it is completely free for Gold charge card and only very less people are getting that option. I am a card member since 2018 hence getting that option.

I have ordered it, and let's see if I do get a metal card or not. I am posting this to ask other members, did anyone got metal option for Gold charge card and if someone received it, if yes, please post pictures. For me it shows 6 July as receiving the card delivery but once bluedart ships it, in Delhi I get cards within 1 business day, so if I get it , I'll update you guys.

Universal practice with Amex. 1st replacement doesn't affect card number if the reason is mentioned as damaged/others. 2nd replacement always change the card number even if done for the same reason within 3 or 6 months. This is also the reason they delete all standing instructions/ tokenized payments.
My first replacement as well but the last 5 digits are different. I thought the card number would remain unchanged.

You should have placed a replacement request from the app (with damaged card as the reason)
I had no plan of requesting for replacement anytime soon. I was checking with CC about metal MRCC when he said that there are no metal MRCC cards and that he can help me get the new design to which I said yes. He mentioned that card number will be the same, just the card ID will change. I have no problem whatsoever with a different card number. Just conveyed an observation.

I had no plan of requesting for replacement anytime soon. I was checking with CC about metal MRCC when he said that there are no metal MRCC cards and that he can help me get the new design to which I said yes. He mentioned that card number will be the same, just the card ID will change. I have no problem whatsoever with a different card number. Just conveyed an observation.
I guess they have contained the "metal" bug. No more cases of people claiming metal option for gold, mrcc or plat travel in the app. Anyways.. Enjoy the new design. I like it as my wallet is now more flat (embossing is gone).

Back