• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

New design for Amex MRCC

axb

TF Buzz
I checked with Customer care, they said there is no metal gold card. Only new design that is already live. People can check if the option is showing for them and if yes, for how long they have a relationship with Amex

Reactions: SSV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
So I checked with CC about converting MRCC to metal. He said its only available for platinum. I asked him to double check and he said he can help me replace my card with new design but it will be plastic, not metal. I applied for replacement. Most probably the metal card conversion option is user specific. Also, he said that 5000 bonus points are only for those who pay Rs 4,500 plus GST as the renewal fee. So not for those who got MRCC through a referral.
Thanks for the update

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Took the second shot for the team...

1719519576923.png

after confirming with the CC..

1719519741733.png
Already shipped , it was not even 18 hours since I ordered my replacement card.
I will receive the card on Sunday.
This is what I like about amex..

1719586227693.png

Last edited:
Reactions: BMR

Sobirvs

TF Buzz
Even I was told the same by customer service that if I apply for metal on Gold charge card, I will get platinum charge card not gold charge card but website shows otherwise. I guess customer service is not updated on the new metal design if it's true? I guess we have to wait. I have no interest in Platinum card, so if I do get platinum, I'll return it but if I get gold charge card metal, then I'll keep it(if it's free). I'll let all you guys know what happens and post the image of the card once I receive. Hope for the best.

Also, I can't see the metal option on MRCC yet as I received my new MRCC design card just today in the morning so if I go to replace card option, it shows bluedart stuff and no other option for metal.

Sobirvs

TF Buzz
Please keep us updated on this, this seems completely new, metal gold charge for India, if true it's a great thing. Let's see what you get. Hope you're not joking with us bro..
Will surely update. Why would I joke? Even I'm curious about the metal option hence updated here. I went to account management page again to see the update and I have attached that here with whole screen for anyone to confirm that I'm not joking here. However if I'll receive metal gold charge card or if i will receive platinum metal card as CC says is yet to be seen, so I'll have to wait upto 6th July I guess to confirm.

Attachments

• img.jpg
    img.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 53

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Even I was told the same by customer service that if I apply for metal on Gold charge card, I will get platinum charge card not gold charge card but website shows otherwise. I guess customer service is not updated on the new metal design if it's true? I guess we have to wait. I have no interest in Platinum card, so if I do get platinum, I'll return it but if I get gold charge card metal, then I'll keep it(if it's free). I'll let all you guys know what happens and post the image of the card once I receive. Hope for the best.

Also, I can't see the metal option on MRCC yet as I received my new MRCC design card just today in the morning so if I go to replace card option, it shows bluedart stuff and no other option for metal.
What were your spends / month on the Gold charge card? I am wondering if the option is spend based.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
This time they changed my MRCC card number..unlike the last time..
Both times I menitoned the reason as " Others"...

Not sure why they changed the card number now..

Last edited:

Tensor

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
This time they changed my MRCC card number..unlike the last time..
Both times I menitoned the reason as " Others"...

Not ure why they changed the card number now..
Universal practice with Amex. 1st replacement doesn't affect card number if the reason is mentioned as damaged/others. 2nd replacement always change the card number even if done for the same reason within 3 or 6 months. This is also the reason they delete all standing instructions/ tokenized payments.