• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Owners of discontinued cars

Who are all here owning discontinued cars (by the company). I own a S Cross 1.6 which is a nice car but discontinued due to poor sales at the time. Similarly there are many good cars, but discontinued due to various reasons. Would like to have a thread on that topic.

Trust Me

TF Ace
Had to sell off a 2005 Baleno (old discontinued model) at just ~10% of its cost to me. Brilliant car, but never got to use it much! It was pretty much a total write off for me.

I own a 02/2009 XYLO E8 model (since discontinued), the first one in the then combined AP State. Only last week, I got it's Registration Renewed for another 5 yrs. Luckily, Mahindra's service is too good. Very happy...
My previous vehicles -

Premier Padmini Deluxe BE
1987 to 2003
Maruti Omni E8
1997 to 2009
Maruti Esteem VX
1999 to 2019

Rajdoot AC123 motorcycle
(1980 to 2021)

sidp

TF Ace
Who are all here owning discontinued cars (by the company). I own a S Cross 1.6 which is a nice car but discontinued due to poor sales at the time. Similarly there are many good cars, but discontinued due to various reasons. Would like to have a thread on that topic.
I have 2014 chevy sail petrol. Safe, reliable, comfortable & cheap to maintain. When chevy left india, someone was offering me 1.5L. I asked what should I buy after selling it with 1.5L? 😂
Also had ford ecosport diesel which I sold off. Both great vehicles unappreciated by Indian public.

If ford comes back I'll get freestyle diesel.

Last edited:

Riya

TF Ace
I own a 1.6 L Skoda Fabia 2012 model first hand... Since it was the imported unit, the quality was fantastic but spares cost a bomb... Recently their was an electrical issue in dashboard and upon contacting workshop I was told that the part will be imported from Czech republic itself costing about 30k and the waiting time is atleast a month and then also no guarantee that error will be solved...
Sadly I sold off the car just now😞

I own a 1.6 L Skoda Fabia 2012 model first hand... Since it was the imported unit, the quality was fantastic but spares cost a bomb... Recently their was an electrical issue in dashboard and upon contacting workshop I was told that the part will be imported from Czech republic itself costing about 30k and the waiting time is atleast a month and then also no guarantee that error will be solved...
Sadly I sold off the car just now😞
Beautiful machine, but did you try sourcing from Metros/polo parts won't match?