• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pro Tips to make a SBI card life time free

RkrRkr is verified member.

TF Legend
TF Family
Pro Tips-

Simple way to make Any basic to mid range SBI card LTF is to "Just raise a closure of card account request through Sbi card app .After few hours you will receive a call to ask a reason for cancellation ,there tell them Either make it Life time free or cancel the card.They will make your Card LTF.Done on my both sbi card and now both are LTF.Service request to make your card LTF is taken as PCT id is to be changed.You can check in service request tracking menu.

Caution:-If you holding multiple cards of SBI then kindly do this process at one card at a time only.Do on other card after at least month. If at any point SBI Card is not agreeing on LTF and offering you Annual Fee waivers only then Accept Fee waivers at that moment and Apply the same trick Again after 1 or 2 months for LTF.
IF ANYONE HAVING ANY SPECEFIC CONCERN THEN DO DM.

Edit 1-If afterall anyone missed the call from retention team then they can simply call customer care and there simply tell them to connect/transfer you call to retention team as i want to discuss regarding my card closure request.They will connect you to their retention team and now there you can project the above trick to get your card LTF ..

Edit 2(09 July 2023)-Even people have made sbi cards having fee upto 1499 LTF and even higher varriant cards you will get equivalent reward points or miles or annual fee waiver in place of LTF.

Edit 3(15 October 2023)- Even people have made their SBI cashback credit card LTF by their skill of negotiation.

Edit 4-Now a days SBI Cards sometime,closing the card without calling so suggest now dont place request through app by self .Call customer care directly and ask them for LTF/fee waivers or to transfer the call to retention team for doing the same.

Called customer care and raised card closure request. They raised it after some verification, and transferred the call to retention call. Call went on for 45 minutes, but the lady didnt budge to make my SBI Ola money card as life time free. Only offering to get its fee waived this year. Even transferred to her manager.
I just went ahead, and asked her to close it. And the card was closed right on the call.
It was a pathetic experience, because they were neither making it lifetimefree, nor closing it. So had to literally fight to get it closed.
Had to blackmail the lady named "Anupama", I will complaint against her to RBI Ombudsman and on twitter if they dont process my request.
Don't take decision in angry mood...What happened leave it...
Now what you want..Do you want to continue with that card ?

Better you have accepted the Fee waivers option ,atleast you have 1 whole year to try the trick your again..

Stiill you have the option to continue with that card.Do you want that card ?

Don't take decision in angry mood...What happened leave it...
Now what you want..Do you want to continue with that card ?

Better you havr accepted the Fee waivers option ,atleast you have 1 whole year to try the trick your again..

Stiill you have the option to continue with that card.Do you want that card ?
Like I said, card is closed now. I got the no due certificate and card closure confirmation email also.
Am good closing the card, no regrets!
Yes, would have preferred to hold it lifetimefree. But this yearly waiver thing, and tracking the card is hard now. So I am better off closing the card.

Earlier ola money wallet load used to give 7% cashback upto 500rs monthly. This was patched in November 2022. Since then the card had become useless for me.

Like I said, card is closed now. I got the no due certificate and card closure confirmation email also.
Am good closing the card, no regrets!
Yes, would have preferred to hold it lifetimefree. But this yearly waiver thing, and tracking the card is hard now. So I am better off closing the card.

Earlier ola money wallet load used to give 7% cashback upto 500rs monthly. This was patched in November 2022. Since then the card had become useless for me.
At least you have accepted the Fee waiver option...By doing so you have full one year to try this trick again ..English Alphabet as 26 letters and if plan A fails then still 25 letters left..Means go for Plan B,c,d and so on..After closing everything stops.

Last edited:
At least you have accepted the Fee waiver option...By doing so you have full one year to try this trick again ..English Alphabet as 26 letters and if plan A fails then still 25 letters left..Means go for Plan B,c,d ans so on..After after closing everything stops.
With SBI Card even you can place the request for "Reactivation of account" of closed card Account .If everything goes well then they will issue you new Replacement card based on the old card account details.

(If any help required on the same then kindly DO DM.Will help you to get that OLA card again)

At least you have accepted the Fee waiver option...By doing so you have full one year to try this trick again ..English Alphabet as 26 letters and if plan A fails then still 25 letters left..Means go for Plan B,c,d ans so on..After after closing everything stops.
Your feedback taken. Just that i wanted to share my experience here, so people know its not 100% sure if you ask lifetimefree, you may or may not get it. The comments in this post, made me sure to an extent if I pull this trick I might get the card lifetimefree. But experience was different.

Of course I could have been patient and try plan B,C,D.. as you suggested. But this much effort is not justified for a useless card like SBI Ola Money now. Especially after I hold Infinia, magnus and sbi cashback card now. But your feedback well taken, if in future for some good cards I plan to make LTF, I will try to be more patient.

With SBI Card even you and place the request for "Reactivation of account" of closed card Account .If everything goes well then they will issue you new Replacement card based on the old card account details.

(If any help required on the same then kindly DO DM.Will help you to get that OLA card again)
Reactivation, with LTF (or) as paid card itself?

Your feedback taken. Just that i wanted to share my experience here, so people know its not 100% sure if you ask lifetimefree, you may or may not get it. The comments in this post, made me sure to an extent if I pull this trick I might get the card lifetimefree. But experience was different.

Of course I could have been patient and try plan B,C,D.. as you suggested. But this much effort is not justified for a useless card like SBI Ola Money now. Especially after I hold Infinia, magnus and sbi cashback card now. But your feedback well taken, if in future for some good cards I plan to make LTF, I will try to be more patient.
It seems,you want to get rid from this card..

Are yaar SBI walo ne Mera FBB ko simply save me convert kr Diya hai abhi abhi isi month mujhe Mila jabki uski expiry 2025 thi.

I called SBI customer care to make it LTF but they said there is no offer on your SBI to make it LTF. Feeling bad. SBI WALA BOLTA HAI AGAR FBB WALA AAPKA REHTA TOH ELIGIBLE HOTA FREE K LIYE KYA BAKWAAS HAI.

Are yaar SBI walo ne Mera FBB ko simply save me convert kr Diya hai abhi abhi isi month mujhe Mila jabki uski expiry 2025 thi.

I called SBI customer care to make it LTF but they said there is no offer on your SBI to make it LTF. Feeling bad. SBI WALA BOLTA HAI AGAR FBB WALA AAPKA REHTA TOH ELIGIBLE HOTA FREE K LIYE KYA BAKWAAS HAI.
Koi na ...1 mahine baad phir se try kar lena simply save par hi ek aur LTF ke liye..

Back