• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pro Tips to make a SBI card life time free

RkrRkr is verified member.

TF Legend
TF Family
Pro Tips-

Simple way to make Any basic to mid range SBI card LTF is to "Just raise a closure of card account request through Sbi card app .After few hours you will receive a call to ask a reason for cancellation ,there tell them Either make it Life time free or cancel the card.They will make your Card LTF.Done on my both sbi card and now both are LTF.Service request to make your card LTF is taken as PCT id is to be changed.You can check in service request tracking menu.

Caution:-If you holding multiple cards of SBI then kindly do this process at one card at a time only.Do on other card after at least month. If at any point SBI Card is not agreeing on LTF and offering you Annual Fee waivers only then Accept Fee waivers at that moment and Apply the same trick Again after 1 or 2 months for LTF.
IF ANYONE HAVING ANY SPECEFIC CONCERN THEN DO DM.

Edit 1-If afterall anyone missed the call from retention team then they can simply call customer care and there simply tell them to connect/transfer you call to retention team as i want to discuss regarding my card closure request.They will connect you to their retention team and now there you can project the above trick to get your card LTF ..

Edit 2(09 July 2023)-Even people have made sbi cards having fee upto 1499 LTF and even higher varriant cards you will get equivalent reward points or miles or annual fee waiver in place of LTF.

Edit 3(15 October 2023)- Even people have made their SBI cashback credit card LTF by their skill of negotiation.

Edit 4-Now a days SBI Cards sometime,closing the card without calling so suggest now dont place request through app by self .Call customer care directly and ask them for LTF/fee waivers or to transfer the call to retention team for doing the same.

No request is instantly taken...and under Services then track service request ...there if one PCT ID change request will be there then its ok..No need to do followups..Your card is now LTF..

If not then...its bothersome.
It says PCT ID to be changed.

On Apr 11, they offered me annual fees refund and said would be making the card LTF eventually.
Today when I raised the request again, they told me that as I had taken the offer for refund, making LTF offer is not available right now.
In nov or dec, when the annual fees is due they said they will be able to make the card LTF again. :(
Card is BPCL holding for more than 4 years

On Apr 11, they offered me annual fees refund and said would be making the card LTF eventually.
Today when I raised the request again, they told me that as I had taken the offer for refund, making LTF offer is not available right now.
In nov or dec, when the annual fees is due they said they will be able to make the card LTF again. :(
Card is BPCL holding for more than 4 years
They have played with your mind...Your target should be LTF, not reversal...Now they have given reversal so within short time , they will not entertain your LTF..
Yes apply for LTF just one month before renewal...It helps...Till wait..

Last edited:
Anybody tried this trick on SBI cashback card? I applied and received it very recently so I have to wait for some more time.

@Rkr should we try this trick only around/after renewal, or it can be done on a 6-9 month old card also?
6 months is too early....For 9 months old card they might offer fee reversal rather than making LTF...
For older cards like 2 yrs and 3yrs..One must insist for making LTF ,don't accept fee reversal otherwise you have to do this every year..
●●On newer cards {8 -9 months old} after placing request for closure.One must start the conversion with retention team "Like kindly change the franchise of the card from Visa/MC whatever you hold to Rupay one.As its not possible in Sbi card to change the franchise once card issued.so they will deny.Then throw the LTF option by saying i am using this card rarely so atleast make it LTF..

For older cards try this trick any time..For newer card before/around renewal ...

Last edited:
High end card pe Bina puche card close kar dia to 😂... Ye dar hai.... But I'll definitely try this when it's closer to the renewal date.
Bhai Bina puche....Kabhi Card Close nahi karenge...Retention team ka phone aayega jaroor ye puchne ke liye ki kyo close kar rahe hai...Ha agar phone pick nahi kiya toh alag baat hai...Agar wo kuch offer nahi de rahe hai like LTF ya Fee reversal,Tab kah de ki abhi close nahi karna hai ,Baad me dekhenge...Bus Card close nahi hoga..

I have sbi doctor credit card with 1500+gst annual fee. Previously fee waiver done on 1 lakh spending.
Now they changed it to 2lakh spending.
I don't know that.
Renewal fee charged me as I have spent nearly 1.6lakh.
So i requested CC to close .
They said they are waiving off the renewal fee this year.
So i don't closed. Otherwise I closed it
And this you can do every year if they are not making it LTF..Ask for fee reversal every year...

Back