• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Rumor with burgundy axis magnus could be LTF (by Sep 2023 it should be official by axis i think you never know though)

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
no point raising any request. just transfer them. as you keep transferring MB points ER points will shift to MB bucket
Really? So if I have 24K Magnus Burgundy and 50K edge points and I transfer 24K points, Will remaining 24K shift to Magnus Burgundy and 2K in edge points? And in next round everything as Magnus Burgundy?

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Yes, many ppl have tried this.. all points get 5:4
Great, will transfer immediately, before they fix it😂.

Edit: Took total 8 transactions to bring it under 300. Hopefully accor will accept all and transfer will complete.

Now if accor launches 50% offer by November/December end, I will again get disappointed 😅.

Last edited:
Reactions: CVR

Salvo08

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Does anyone know what are the benefits of Axis Magnus Burgundy Add on card?|
1. Is BMS offers separate than primary?
2. Are domestic and international lounges free?
3. Any other benefit which is separate from primary card?
Axis has stopped giving add on cards of Mastrecard variant as of now.
1. Combined
2. Yes for domestic. No for International.
3. None

Salvo08

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Really? So if I have 24K Magnus Burgundy and 50K edge points and I transfer 24K points, Will remaining 24K shift to Magnus Burgundy and 2K in edge points? And in next round everything as Magnus Burgundy?
Stop all your calculations and simply convert all your ERs before segregation kicks in if you are holding Magnus Burgundy card.

Salvo08

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
When you say convert all your ERs before segregation, what do you mean by that?
Axis has divided ERs in three categories namely: -
1. ERs (call it normal ERs).
2. Magnus Burgundy.
3. Edge Miles (Think only relevant if you have Atlas card so we’ll take that out from our discussion).

Earlier all ERs were combined and any transaction will give you 5:4 conversion. But now Axis has started segregating the points based on some logic of their own (probably Magnus spends but details not shared).

So if now you try to convert ERs to any partner with 5:4 conversion ratio then only ‘Magnus Burgundy’ points will be reflected.

I’m attaching screenshots for better understanding. If you follow this thread from last 4-5 pages then it’ll get clear as many have shared their experience.

Bank takes 2-3 weeks to segregate the ERs. So after couple days when you receive your card, 5:4 conversion gets activated. Advisable that you convert all your ERs before bank segregate these points. I’ve 30K ERs languishing which will only give me value of ₹0.2 per ER.

Attachments

• IMG_6581.jpeg
    IMG_6581.jpeg
    137.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_6582.jpeg
    IMG_6582.jpeg
    160.1 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_6583.jpeg
    IMG_6583.jpeg
    154.4 KB · Views: 55

chasni

TF Ace
RML Group
VIP Lounge
2. Magnus Burgundy.
3. Edge Miles (Think only relevant if you have Atlas card so we’ll take that out from our discussion).

Earlier all ERs were combined and any transaction will give you 5:4 conversion. But now Axis has started segregating the points based on some logic of their own (probably Magnus spends but details not shared).

So if now you try to convert ERs to any partner with 5:4 conversion ratio then only ‘Magnus Burgundy’ points will be reflected.

I’m attaching screenshots for better understanding. If you follow this thread from last 4-5 pages then it’ll get clear as many have shared their experience.

Bank takes 2-3 weeks to segregate the ERs. So after couple days when you receive your card, 5:4 conversion gets activated. Advisable that you convert all your ERs before bank segregate these points. I’ve 30K ERs languishing which will only give me value of ₹0.2 per ER.
Thank you so much for the detailed explanation. So, we need to just transfer the points as soon as we activate the new card to avoid segregation at later date.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
2. Magnus Burgundy.

@CVR already mentioned and I tried that successfully that u can redeem all edge points in 5:4 as there is a bug. Just try and transfer all points.

Salvo08

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Is ur magnus burgundy balance zero or less than 300? And Edge points more than 1000?
No not, and didn't want to reduce the Magnus Burgundy Balance so have around 8K now in Magnus Burgundy and a major chunk in normal ERs. May be that's why it is not showing. Shall try to convert though I've already raised request/complaint for the same.

Worst is that even ERs for the new purchases are being reflected in normal ERs. Axis has totally fu.... up the system.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
No not, and didn't want to reduce the Magnus Burgundy Balance so have around 8K now in Magnus Burgundy and a major chunk in normal ERs. May be that's why it is not showing. Shall try to convert though I've already raised request/complaint for the same.

Worst is that even ERs for the new purchases are being reflected in normal ERs. Axis has totally fu.... up the system.
Transfer 8K first, then magnus burgundy will still be 5-6K remaining, transfer those again and keep repeating until magnus burgundy and edge points both come under 300.

It will take 8-9 transfers, but everything will get transferred.

Salvo08

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Transfer 8K first, then magnus burgundy will still be 5-6K remaining, transfer those again and keep repeating until magnus burgundy and edge points both come under 300.

Oh.... Let me try in that case. Axis is screwing up nice and proper.

Salvo08

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Thanx @Harry1 and @CVR. Think by default Magnus Burgundy always maintains the wonder figure of 8760. So the moment you convert from Magnus Burgundy, it debits the required number of ERs from main wallet and maintains magic figure of 8760. Axis and its funny ways… I’m happy again 😂😂

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Thanx @Harry1 and @CVR. Think by default Magnus Burgundy always maintains the wonder figure of 8760. So the moment you convert from Magnus Burgundy, it debits the required number of ERs from main wallet and maintains magic figure of 8760. Axis and its funny ways… I’m happy again 😂😂
It will get fixed soon too.

I just hope my August September bonus points get credited and transferred before that.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
I did some analysis of My Edge Rewards History and Magnus Burgundy points distribution and I have got the formula they are using.

For calculating Magnus Burgundy points, they check last edge reward credits (until it reaches current total edge points) and include All Magnus Base rewards (both old magnus and new magnus burgundy), Exclude other credit card points (I have select and samsung), Exclude debit card points, Exclude Grab deals points, Exclude Other cards welcome benefits (Samsung welcome benefit), Exclude Manual additions (Retention point).

I don't have any points from Gyftr and Magnus monthly milestone in last few months, so can't confirm about them. But as grab deals is not considered under Magnus Burgundy, mostly Gyftr also won't be considered. Hopefully, Grab deals and Gyftr points (and possibly monthly milestone) exclusion is a bug and will be fixed soon.

Reversals from Travel edge failed transfer is not counted towards edge/magnus burgundy point and actual credit transaction done for them is considered, which is right.

Now, The current bug is that (good for us ) when we redeem Magnus Burgundy points, it just deducts from Total edge points only and then recalculates new Magnus Burgundy points based on current total edge points and last few transactions history like mentioned above. They can easily fix this by removing recalculation logic of magnus burgundy points after every transfer and instead deduct from both total points and magnus burgundy points everytime after a transfer is done. So a fix is coming soon.

Get your points empty as soon as possible specifically if u have significant points from other credit/debit cards, welcome benefits or Retention bonus. As long as at least last 300 points are earned from Magnus/Magnus Burgundy base points, you can transfer all points in 5:4. You just need to do lot of transfers. For Gyftr/Grab deals, u can still fight with customer care.

Last edited:

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I am awaiting almost 4.5K MB ER points from FK BBD transactions almost a month back. Not sure why they are not credited yet. Have raised SR. Post this I will be able to use above method for transfer. Hopefully this stays longer