• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Rupay CC on UPI and Credit Card Payment

maheshspanicker

TF Premier
So today when I was paying my credit card bill through Cred via Paytm, My Rupay credit card showed up as an option to pay. Since I wasn't sure that is allowed, stuck to my SB account... Is it OK to pay CC bill through Rupay CC on UPI? Is there anything that prohibits such transaction?

bugmenot

TF Ace
So today when I was paying my credit card bill through Cred via Paytm, My Rupay credit card showed up as an option to pay. Since I wasn't sure that is allowed, stuck to my SB account... Is it OK to pay CC bill through Rupay CC on UPI? Is there anything that prohibits such transaction?
Enjoy till the party lasts. You should not get the error. It is working for me using Gpay + paytm.

VijayflyRaven

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yes it works and people paid in lakhs last month. If a transaction fails, I don’t know if there will be an issue. Otherwise I think nobody cares.

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Actually I have Union Bank Select credit card and I am not finding any payments made from Cheq, Neft (Cred not accepting payments) on the statement. How long are we suppose to wait to reflect in the bank statement after making payments.

CardTox

TF Premier
Use g baba and Indian interface to pay successfully....... Wprking for me through google baba and paytm too....i have paid more than 1.5l bill using my two rupay cc to another visa cc bill..... eventually it will be stopped by gpay and other apps in future.....but till now its not illegal.

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Use g baba and Indian interface to pay successfully....... Wprking for me through google baba and paytm too....i have paid more than 1.5l bill using my two rupay cc to another visa cc bill..... eventually it will be stopped by gpay and other apps in future.....but till now its not illegal.
Just now tried Paytm, they are not accepting the payments for this type of card.

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Nothing is working for me. Just tried doing it transfer via Neft and it is working.

Many users have commented below the video that union bank is not posting payment entries with CIBIL which is hitting the score.

CardTox

TF Premier
Update: at my end Gpay+Bhim is not working for cc bill payment. I think gpay has blocked such type of payments those originating from gpay and paying via bhim for cc bill payments?...plz check.

jaimingandhi64

TF Premier
I cant see anywhere its illegal as long as you are paying another credit card funds ;)

i have seen banks offering to takeover loans etc from one bank to another
if you see from another perspective cc is also a loan for 45 days just interest free lol
Now this gane has totally stopped it seems 😞
Also my 5000 got stuck from BHIM for which i need to make dispute now
I tried via gpay--> bhim -->Axis IOCL rupay card and money got deducted from bhim but didn't complete on gpay