• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Card Blocked

TechPrezzo

TF Buzz
I know this has been discussed here, but I have run into a crazy issue with SBI Card.

My SBI Elite Signature Card was issued in Dec. In Jan, my card was blocked due to a transaction for my cloud renewal online (Domestic). I called them up and they said they will unblock it but no lock until one day, when I tried to call them, it took me to IVR for consent to unblock post which my card was unblocked (2 weeks from time it was blocked). On Feb 2nd it was blocked again with the same cloud provider. I literally called up every day to get it unblocked until after a week I was told there was no request to Unblock the card, and I had only done enquiry on my card blockage (I wonder why would someone, for 2 weeks only enquire about card block). Then I spoke to some supervisor and they told me that my old request from Jan was not closed and that's why they cannot create a new request. I was told in exact words "take a blank paper and write down (yes write down) all transaction that you have done in Feb so far with an application of consent to ublock it".

Apparently since the online banking and app is also blocked along with card, I had to fetch every text message to write the application along with a valid identity proof (Self attested). Now my query moved to next queue and the text messages changed saying we tried reaching you out but you were not available. Please call SBI Helpdesk 1960 XXX XXXX number. So I started calling again and they assured me I would get call by end of the day. No luck. Days Passed by and I kept calling up, and still there is no response.
I also asked them if I report this card as lost and I request for a new one, will it get auto activate during the activation process, and they said "NO" because my card is blocked at "account" level and not "card" level.

Now I have two question.
1. Has any one gotten into this maze before and was successfully able to come out of it? What was your winning strategy?
2. Will it help if I visit any SBI service centers one being in DLF Cyber Hub?

I am wasting my time with them, but I have recently paid the annual fee in full and would rather take the benefit vouchers and redeem my points before I cancel my SBI Card.

Quick update. So I filed RBI compliant on 3/3/3023 where it asked me various details like when was the first complaint raised, when was the last communication, etc. I filled that diligently and in two days got a response that the request has been closed because you can file complain only one month from the last communication in case there is no communication written or telephonic. Finally, I personally visited SBI card office in Cyberhub Gurgaon and the gentlemen patiently took notes while I explained him the issue and in 24 hours the card was activated. Not sure what part worked but once the card was activated, I opened the app and saw the service tickets and there was a SR (Service Request( in the name of Regulatory RBI BO which was closed on the same day.

Quick update. So I filed RBI compliant on 3/3/3023 where it asked me various details like when was the first complaint raised, when was the last communication, etc. I filled that diligently and in two days got a response that the request has been closed because you can file complain only one month from the last communication in case there is no communication written or telephonic. Finally, I personally visited SBI card office in Cyberhub Gurgaon and the gentlemen patiently took notes while I explained him the issue and in 24 hours the card was activated. Not sure what part worked but once the card was activated, I opened the app and saw the service tickets and there was a SR (Service Request( in the name of Regulatory RBI BO which was closed on the same day.
Congrats 👍🏻

A lot of time and effort but still as they say - all is well that ends well.

Hope you are able to enjoy the benefits of the card and thanks for sharing the update @TechPrezzo It was thoughtful of you, people in similar situations could find it useful.

I have been trying to contact you since my card is also blocked like this what to do now

I have been trying to contact you since my card is also blocked like this what to do now
Did you reach out to customer support? Try sending a hand written application signed by you and send an email to the customer support. If you have changed your mobile number or email address shortly before your card was blocked, try visit SBI card support center. Thats the fastest way.

Back