• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Sbi platinum

I this in SBI ,Segmentation comes with salary account. Like silver<gold< Platinum<Titanium as per the net salary structure. I am having GOLD segment of my salary account with SBI.
I have Gold segment selection for me but never selected it yet. This is not my salary account. I hold sbi iocl visa debit card. Will there be any change in debit card once opted in for Gold segment? Does debit card fee becomes zero?

How to get sbi platinum segment in savings account without maintaining mab
I think in SBI ,Segmentation with zero AMB comes with salary account only. Like silver<gold< Platinum<Titanium as per the net salary structure. I am having GOLD segment of my salary account with SBI.
I have Gold segment selection for me but never selected it yet. This is not my salary account. I hold sbi iocl visa debit card. Will there be any change in debit card once opted in for Gold segment? Does debit card fee becomes zero?
Here is the category wise detail
-Gold segment

-platinum segment

-Diamond segment

I love how SBI always and for ever stick to their promise, and never budge from it! I'm tracking them for years now... :

"Many other benefits like pre-approved loans, Differentiated passbook, chequebook etc. to be made available in future……….."

Also, anyone has seen any clear definition anywhere of their TRV concept? For example, what's the meaning of "all deposits" in the following? FDs only? Or things like PPF etc. are also counted? Anybody knows?

"Eligibility: Maintain AQB (Average Quarterly Balance) of Rs. 20 Lakhs and above across all deposits or Rs. 1 lakhs in Savings Bank Account ..."

I love how SBI always and for ever stick to their promise, and never budge from it! I'm tracking them for years now... :

"Many other benefits like pre-approved loans, Differentiated passbook, chequebook etc. to be made available in future……….."

Also, anyone has seen any clear definition anywhere of their TRV concept? For example, what's the meaning of "all deposits" in the following? FDs only? Or things like PPF etc. are also counted? Anybody knows?

"Eligibility: Maintain AQB (Average Quarterly Balance) of Rs. 20 Lakhs and above across all deposits or Rs. 1 lakhs in Savings Bank Account ..."
No PPF..only saving sccount and FD..
With salary you will get this segmentations easily..

Visit the link

How to get sbi platinum segment in savings account without maintaining mab
I opened a digital savings bank account with the bank at one of their Intouch branches few years back. Got a MasterCard Platinum Debit Card as well with 0 MAB requirements. Having platinum segment for almost 5 years now. They haven't downgraded it in years.

I opened a digital savings bank account with the bank at one of their Intouch branches few years back. Got a MasterCard Platinum Debit Card as well with 0 MAB requirements. Having platinum segment for almost 5 years now. They haven't downgraded it in years.
But you still qualify their platinum requirement right?

What benefits do you get out of the Gold account? The SBI pop-up doesn't say much at all, not even the charges applicable for various services (e.g. DC fees and usage charges etc.), unlike other banks! Did they provide an SoC when you signed up? Any comparisons to other banks' account variants? Thanks.

What benefits do you get out of the Gold account? The SBI pop-up doesn't say much at all, not even the charges applicable for various services (e.g. DC fees and usage charges etc.), unlike other banks! Did they provide an SoC when you signed up? Any comparisons to other banks' account variants? Thanks.
Nothing Much..Here is the segmentation wise comparison

Last edited:
In my opinion absolute zero benefits for gold segment but just status name in monthly estatements.

In my opinion absolute zero benefits for gold segment but just status name in monthly estatements.
Nothing Much just label changes. Some benefits are preferential locker rate and some priority services for Platinum and diamond category accounts..
Even Corporate salary package accounts in SBI have similar features irrespective of salary amount.

Once they will assigned segmentation to your account there after they will not dowgrade.Neither they will automatically upgrade. I have earlier silver segment with them and by giving them written request i have changed it to gold segment.
To whom do you have written ? Branch manager or Email support. I am too due for upgrade

Back