• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Steps for getting invite for RBL Zomato Edition CC

Initially I heard from a youtuber that I can request the bank for the card but even he was not sure about the approach.

Step 1: I posted a tweet tagging RBL bank and RBL care team that I am interested in their Zomato Edition Card. The bank replied that it is invite based card and wait for the invite to get the card.

Screenshot 2022-03-22 at 12.53.31 PM.png Screenshot 2022-03-22 at 12.54.37 PM.png

Step 2: I noticed a reply from Edition team, which I suppose is the official account by Zomato to DM them my registered phone and email address. Initially I ignored the reply since it was already deferred by the banking partner. But, then I thought of giving it a try and replied to Edition team with my details on DM.

Screenshot 2022-03-22 at 12.55.26 PM.png Screenshot 2022-03-22 at 12.56.39 PM.png

Step 3: Exactly after 4 days of providing my zomato account details the Edition team reverted back and asked me check my Zomato account after 24-48 hours for the invite. This morning when I checked my Zomato app, I saw the invite visible in Money tab.

Screenshot_2022-03-22-10-43-12-398_com.application.zomato.jpg . Screenshot_2022-03-22-10-43-39-970_com.application.zomato.jpg . Screenshot 2022-03-22 at 12.58.19 PM.png

Step 4: Just provided my PAN details in the Zomato app and within 2 minutes my Credit Limit was displayed. I completed my KYC with the bank and within 30 minutes received mail that my virtual card is active to use.

I have tried my best to jot down the steps and all the necessary things which I did to get the card. Please feel free to ask thing regarding the same. I will be more than happy to help.

Last edited:

alanabraham

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Has anyone canceled their existing RBL CC recently and applied for Zomato Edition CC? Getting some reports that people are getting approval for Zomato CC even without the 90 day cooldown period after the existing RBL CC Cancelation.
Any reports on re-apply options for those applications rejected for no reason?

akshayhs

TF Ace
Sorry for the totally unrelated comment, but I realized they make an enquiry with CIBIL and use your Zomato account's delivery address and not your Aadhar address. I noticed that the same has been reflected in my credit reports and now they term it as address variations.

Zomato use Google maps APIs to geotag addresses and my address doesn't geotag properly as there seems to be some issue with Google correctly recognizing my "Area of residence". I found the apporach of RBL to be very weird.

I know this is totally unrelated, but if your zomato delivery address is different (in terms of the captured values from Google) please be extremely careful about it.

souvikdey2002

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Sorry for the totally unrelated comment, but I realized they make an enquiry with CIBIL and use your Zomato account's delivery address and not your Aadhar address. I noticed that the same has been reflected in my credit reports and now they term it as address variations.

Zomato use Google maps APIs to geotag addresses and my address doesn't geotag properly as there seems to be some issue with Google correctly recognizing my "Area of residence". I found the apporach of RBL to be very weird.

I know this is totally unrelated, but if your zomato delivery address is different (in terms of the captured values from Google) please be extremely careful about it.
I read it somewhere that they only take the address of Zomato which is mentioned in your profile.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge

Do these addresses in cibil matter. I have about 10+ variations of my addresses and contact numbers. Every bank reports differently or do some spelling mistakes. Plus office and current addresses keep changing.

One bank even did spelling mistake in my name. That I was able to get corrected by raising dispute.

nirsark

TF Premier
If you have a 'useless' RBL CC and you're willing to give up on it, maybe you could try this.
Yes I have already cancelled my RBL POD CC a week back. Looking forward to apply for the Zomato CC!
Maybe after 90 days or before, if I get a confirmation from at least 3-4 people that we can cancel and apply Zomato Cc instantly

nirsark

TF Premier
Do these addresses in cibil matter. I have about 10+ variations of my addresses and contact numbers. Every bank reports differently or do some spelling mistakes. Plus office and current addresses keep changing.

One bank even did spelling mistake in my name. That I was able to get corrected by raising dispute.
Doesn't matter if you have 1 variation or 10. It would just show up as: "variation". Unless and until you correct all the addresses character by character, you can't really get a 'ditto' address for all. So, ignore it.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
I had tweeted and messaged on Sunday (3rd), didn't get any replay initially, then they asked me to register my email ID ( I did), then there was no invite or reply for 2-3 days, I messaged again yesterday and then they gave me standard reply

Then today I received invite and I applied, process was rather smooth, only 2 little hiccups came up
1. Was not able to open vkyc link (they asked to install smasung internet browser)
2. After vkyc, they took surprisingly long time to approve it, like 2 hours.

Card was approved and got limit of 1.98 lacs, my highest limit card, 2nd one is ICICI which is 1.8 lacs.
Received today, I must say I'm liking the looks of the card, could have been different packaging (as I thought those boxes were rather wasteful). My favorite packaging of the CC so far was from OneCard.

Abhimanyu

TF Buzz
Received today, I must say I'm liking the looks of the card, could have been different packaging (as I thought those boxes were rather wasteful). My favorite packaging of the CC so far was from OneCard.
Hi. Kindly tell that after video kyc done.. In how many days card is dispatched by RBL and by which courier? Do they send a tracking link...
Is it true that till u receive the actual physical card by delivery you can't see the full card number in Zomato app and can't use it??