• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Strategy for HDFC Infinia

pjrockzzz

TF Buzz
Hii everyone, I have recently received my Regalia Gold Credit card for LTF recently. I have managed to spend 6 lakhs in the past 4 months. Can complete that 7.5 Lakh mark in 6 months( One of the eligibility of Infinia).

My relation with HDFC:
1. 17.4 Lakh personal loan (20/60 EMI's paid so far)
2. Regalia Gold credit card with 5L limit.

I have a net salary of around 76k per month.

What can be the best strategy for Infinia?
1. Is applying savings bank makes any impact?,
2. Limit enhancement of Regalia Gold and then apply Infinia?
3. I am planning to buy HDFC Ergo health insurance, will this make any impact?

Your suggestions are welcomed.

Edit: tried to change title, but couldn't find a way

Last edited:
Talk to your RM asking for exception for other criteria once you reach the spend criteria, in return of savings account/health insurance

Reactions: SSV
Tried applying through Branch after reviewing all the criteria and it's declined, still fighting with reps and grivence for the reason and reprocessing. Such a pain :(

So no strategy works and it's pure luck

Tried applying through Branch after reviewing all the criteria and it's declined, still fighting with reps and grivence for the reason and reprocessing. Such a pain :(

So no strategy works and it's pure luck

Have you met spend criteria? And any other criteria have you met?

Have you met spend criteria? And any other criteria have you met?
Yes 8L spend in 3 months, >3L per month etc... I am banking with them from past 13 years :) Raised grievance today let's see.
As both my branch and customer service didn't had answer for rejection, not even internal policy :)

1000152709.webp

He said new application is better than upgrade! DCP LTF with 15L limit was closed as I followed RMs instructions.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240825_191847_Gmail.webp
    Screenshot_20240825_191847_Gmail.webp
    120.5 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Update: Long post alert.

DCB to Infinia upgrade done and dusted :):)

Initially RM was supposed to take approval based on my 2.6 L salary credit, loan relation with HDFC (21L), last 8 months spend ~ 10.5 L, long 10 year relation with HDFC, Salary account with HDFC etc. + was upgraded to Imperia account few weeks back (Thanks to RM).

But I tried my luck by sending a mail to escalation cc with my use cases and eligibility to get Infinia and they replied to send supporting docs and a letter to their Chennai address.
I send the same letter along with my pay slips, loan account screenshots and last 6 months spend.

My DCB had only 6 L limit, but my spends were high.
On 2nd Sep I send the speed post and now am seeing the Infinia Metal card details in my CC section with 8 L limit. I hold a Tata Neu Infinity and I don't think its an issue. Not sure though.

I am pasting the letter that I send to them below this screenshot. Hope this helps at least few who are kind of on the same boat.

1725977774245.webp

Hello,

I would like to upgrade my DCB to Infinia along with limit upgrade. Or If I can choose only one, I would like to opt for Infinia.

Below are my use cases/requirements/eligibility for limit and Infinia upgrade.

1) The total spend in my current card anniversary year is ~23 L (as per customer care, when I last checked) and in the past 8 months it's ~10.7 L. So, I have been a high spender and have paid my dues on time in the entire history of CC usage without any defaults.

2) I am an Imperia account holder with my salary credited to HDFC account.

3) I have been a long-term customer with HDFC and holding an account for nearly 9 years and have been using your credit cards for a few years now with high spends.

4) I am having an upcoming purchase of nearly 10 L and would need my limit to be enhanced to pay this expense.

5) An issue with DCB is its acceptability - I had a foreign trip to Azerbaijan in March 2024 and I even enrolled for the Global value program. I had enabled international transactions and yet the DCB card was not accepted in any of the places including Marriott properties or luxury malls in Azerbaijan.
I tried my luck in Qatar during transit and it was rejected there as well.
I have upcoming trips in Dec and Apr to Thailand and Japan and I plan to use my entire spends on HDFC CC for this purpose.
Infinia will be my best bet for this requirement.

6) I am holding a home loan with HDFC of 21 L and have not defaulted on it till date. I have shifted this from AXIS bank to HDFC considering my long term relation with HDFC.

7) I am drawing an In-hand Salary close to 2.6 L now and the total salary is 3.2 L with taxes.
I have switched to a new firm from Aug and still I am using HDFC as the salary account even though AXIS is the preferred bank for my new employer. HDFC has been by salary account for 9 years now.

Based on my spending over the past 6-8 months and the long-term relationship I am holding with HDFC and considering all the above factors I have mentioned for my upcoming spends, I request to upgrade my card to Infinia with an increased limit of 10 L or above.

Back