• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Suggest me a credit card for offline gold purchases

Googix

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My family is planning to buy jewellery to the amount of 4L for sister marriage purposes. What card gives best reward points? I already have DCB, Magnus. Looking to redeem domestic flights for reward tickets ( chennai to delhi). Seems like vistara CC will be a good option for me. Any suggestions welcome.

shutapdiya

TF Ace
Contributor
If buying Jwellery from Tanishq get the Tata Neu Infinity Card from HDFC

(Will be getting 5% nuecoins back )

If any other Jweller, check if they accept Amex then get Amex Plat Travel and complete the all the milestones in just 1 transaction
(will be getting 50000 Amex MR points +10000 Taj voucher)

AlgoTrader

TF Ace

If any other Jweller, check if they accept Amex then get Amex Plat Travel and complete the all the milestones in just 1 transaction
way to go

Googix

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

I want to redeem for flight tickets. So Amex won't work for me.

shutapdiya

TF Ace
Contributor
I want to redeem for flight tickets. So Amex won't work for me.
Then SBI Vistara Prime should be better choice (for Vistara tickets)

Or Tata Neu Infinity at Tanishq if you want to book Air Asia/ Air India Express (neu coins can be redeemed)

Else DCB for other flights

Googix

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Have tata neu infinity too but not sure if gold purchase bond will work with card. Like pay 3L-4L now and take jewellery 1 year later with no make up charges. Have to enquire with a tanishq store on this

Googix

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Then SBI Vistara Prime should be better choice (for Vistara tickets)

Or Tata Neu Infinity at Tanishq if you want to book Air Asia/ Air India Express (neu coins can be redeemed)

Else DCB for other flights
Axis vistara Signature offers the same right? Have bad experience with SBI before so skeptical of getting credit card from them. But if benefits are worth it, will look into them.

shutapdiya

TF Ace
Contributor
Axis vistara Signature offers the same right? Have bad experience with SBI before so skeptical of getting credit card from them. But if benefits are worth it, will look into them.
Few days back I saw some comparison chart on Twitter which showed SBI as better than Axis

Main difference between both the cards is exclusion categories (axis restricted many categories )
check if Jwellery is excluded in any of the card which you are planning to use

Googix

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Few days back I saw some comparison chart on Twitter which showed SBI as better than Axis

Main difference between both the cards is exclusion categories (axis restricted many categories )
I have 3.5L limit with Axis Magnus, so if i got approved for Axis Signature will get more or same limit. Not sure about SBI and how much limit they give. Mostly i won't be using this card after hitting milestones and won't be renewing. I think they both give for jewellery.

Googix

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Seems SBI gives reward points on all spends? I have a higher probability with getting reward points and milestones with SBI than Axis it seems

ALOAK

TF Ace

Jewellery is not excluded as i purchased jewellery for my mom counts for milestone and points