• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

811 Super Savings Account Benefits

If anyone can crack the case of how to get everyone with 811 upgraded to 811 Super and not just select random users, please do share.
1) Make sure Kotak 811 app version is 2.4.9 or above for the Super option.
2) Balance above 5k
3) Check in with customer care or WhatsApp

Last edited:
I already have a credit card with kotak so have a CRN number from them.. do not have any account with them yet.. when i try to open bank account online on kotak811 app.. it says I already have a crn.. when i try to select login in and try to do sim card verification.. it fails saying this is not currently available.. anyone had similiar situation..?
RBI has banned kotak from digital onboarding of new customers so no new customer can open 811 acc online now. Only way to open a new kotak acc for new customer is via branch.

Finally got the offer and shared my consent today.
I have funded the account with 5k directly through UPI. Is it ok? Or I need to do funding through the link they sent?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240926-110826.webp
    Screenshot_20240926-110826.webp
    29.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20240926-112550.webp
    Screenshot_20240926-112550.webp
    24 KB · Views: 28
RBI has banned kotak from digital onboarding of new customers so no new customer can open 811 acc online now. Only way to open a new kotak acc for new customer is via branch.
Went to branch.. they told if a customer has any credit card, loan or any previous relation due to which crn us generated.. they cannot open 811 account.. since I already have a kotak cc not possible for me. ,🥲

Finally got the offer and shared my consent today.
I have funded the account with 5k directly through UPI. Is it ok? Or I need to do funding through the link they sent?
Yes. Its enough. If you are still in doubt then transfer that amount to any other bank using upi (gpay) and then load 5k again using kotak811 app. I could see 'kotak811' in txn details after loading money via kotak811 app. Maybe we should add 5k to kotak811 using kotak811 app only every month. Why take chance?

Went to branch.. they told if a customer has any credit card, loan or any previous relation due to which crn us generated.. they cannot open 811 account.. since I already have a kotak cc not possible for me. ,🥲
Yeah that's a big con for kotak 811 which is why I never closed this acc even when it became practically useless because once you close 811 acc then you can never open it again due to existing crn. You can't even ask to upgrade/convert a regular kotak bank acc to 811 which you can open even with existing crn from branch.

Yeah that's a big con for kotak 811 which is why I never closed this acc even when it became practically useless because once you close 811 acc then you can never open it again due to existing crn. You can't even ask to upgrade/convert a regular kotak bank acc to 811 which you can open even with existing crn from branch.
And thats so stupid of them.. I mean I would understand if I had a normal account before and then they can't convert to 811... But declining customer a 811 account even when he does not have any kotak account and only has a cc or loan is just plain stupid of them.

And thats so stupid of them.. I mean I would understand if I had a normal account before and then they can't convert to 811... But declining customer a 811 account even when he does not have any kotak account and only has a cc or loan is just plain stupid of them.
there are people including me who can't upgrade their existing 811 account to 811 super, bank says not eligible for upgrade without proper reason, what about that :LOL:

Were they denying before?
Yes.
You got offer in 811 app or approached cc?
They approached me.
Can you share your experience??
Actually they are insisting me to take their pre approved personal loan of 100k since a long time but i am not taking it. Today also I got a call from their loan dept. for the same.
I just took advantage and told them to get me 811 super if they want me to take the loan. She kept the call on hold for around 5 mins and transferred it to retail dept. They sent sms after confirming identity and some basic details.
So now it's confirmed that there is nothing to do with eligibility to get this account. They can easily convert it from their end if they want.

Back