• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Air India miles usage

drsel

TF Prestige
My Air India FR account is only 3 days old, but I got enough miles.
Right now I cannot book an award seat using miles for my spouse, I get an error and a refund of the taxes paid.

AI customer care said that I have to wait 15 days and that I also need to book two revenue tickets on my name first. (which will earn some miles)
1) Do I need to book two tickets in my name first?
2) with miles or with cash?
3) If I book 2 revenue tickets with cash, then when will the miles get credited to my FR account?

Where did you get "enough miles" without booking even one flight? Tranfered from Credit Card points?

If yes, then this rule seems stupid because AI while negotiatign terms with Credit Card companies might already know that people without any flying history will book ticket using redeemed points.

Where did you get "enough miles" without booking even one flight? Tranfered from Credit Card points?

If yes, then this rule seems stupid because AI while negotiatign terms with Credit Card companies might already know that people without any flying history will book ticket using redeemed points.
Obviously from credit card points.
I didn't choose Air India because the others like go Air, SpiceJet, Indigo, Akasa were always more cost effective

Back