• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Application was cancelled

indi_vishal

TF Select
Hi, All,

Applied AMex MRCC, done video KYC, and received email that " We have reviewed your application and noticed that the documents you submitted are incomplete. As a result, your application has been put on hold. In order to help you complete the application process, please call us at 1-800-419-2122. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to speaking with you soon."

I called toll free after 1 hour and customer care said your application is cancelled. And said you need to apply again do all procedure again. So that means another cibil enquiry.

Just want to know Is it possible to get my application processed without applying again or get my initial cibil enquiry revoked ?

thanks

@BestBanker has mentioned he cannot support applications after applying, he can support before applying.

So for all Amex applications for any support contact @BestBanker before applying.
I joined this group 2 days back..before that I was just browsing threads.. Atleast he can suggest if going through Amex- Grievances Redressal Escalation will benefit or not... ? Or what to do next ? :D (Since Amex employee can't even wait for 1 hour before cancelling my application as I was unable to take call)

I joined this group 2 days back..before that I was just browsing threads.. Atleast he can suggest if going through Amex- Grievances Redressal Escalation will benefit or not... ? Or what to do next ? :D (Since Amex employee can't even wait for 1 hour before cancelling my application as I was unable to take call)
Just ask the Amex cust care team on what reasons they rejected it. Amex applications usually will be kept on hold for 40 days for any documents mis match or any communication. In your case if they mention that it is cancelled you might not met their eligibility criteria in location or salary or bad credit profile or any other issues.

So try again with some other Amex executive to know the exact reason for rejection. In Amex you have an option of applying another card if your one application is rejected. For Ex you can apply to all Amex cards except MRCC for next 3 months. But you need to know the reason for rejection for approval of other cards.

Exact msg I received is below. I will try again with customer care for specific "reason for cancellation".. Regarding credit profile " Credit profile age 9.6 years, location kolkata, NRI (I selected nri option too while applying) , salary tax free between 20-24. holding hdfc regalia 7.5l, pinnacle 3l. sbi, kotak, onecard 7l and idfc first classic.
Thank you for choosing American Express Membership Rewards® Credit Card to start a rewarding journey.
We have reviewed your application and noticed that the documents you submitted are incomplete. As a result, your application has been put on hold.
In order to help you complete the application process, please call us at 1-800-419-2122.
We appreciate your understanding and look forward to speaking with you soon.

Yours sincerely,

American Express Banking Corp.

Exact msg I received is below. I will try again with customer care for specific "reason for cancellation".. Regarding credit profile " Credit profile age 9.6 years, location kolkata, NRI (I selected nri option too while applying) , salary tax free between 20-24. holding hdfc regalia 7.5l, pinnacle 3l. sbi, kotak, onecard 7l and idfc first classic.
Are you a NRI?

Look at this you need to be a Resident Indian..
NEI s not eligible to apply for Amex India cards..

1700836292787.png

no just NRI as it was there..
Hahaha, it:s a trap set by AmEx people then.
I think , Indian banks are only allowed to grant CC s to Indian residents only in general

they need to follow some special peocisiona or get some sort of license to give CC s to NRI category..this is just my guess..

i dont know what exactly need ro be followed bur definitely not every financial institution in general can give CCs to NRIs

I think , Indian banks are only allowed to grant CC s to Indian residents only in general

they need to follow some special peocisiona or get some sort of license to give CC s to NRI category..this is just my guess..

i dont know what exactly need ro be followed bur definitely not every financial institution in general can give CCs to NRIs
Interesting... So, NRIs don:t say you are NRI. lol. /s
(This can lead to trouble, don:t take my advice seriously)

Back