• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AMEX referral program resuming from second week of July

Hisoka

TF Ace
Yesterday I called AmEx customer care regarding any upgrade offers on my MRCC card. They told me that it can be upgraded to Platinum travel, however joining fees needs to paid and in return I'll get 15k bonus points as welcome benefit (pretty weird because on website it says 10k points). When I asked for FYF, he declined and suggested to wait for few weeks as AmEx referral is going to be resumed soon with better incentives. This is just the statement from his side and not an official confirmation though, but still I thought I'd share it with you guys. If you plan to apply for any AmEx card, you might wanna wait a few weeks so that you don't have to pay any joining fees.

Another question, if they actually plan to give me 15k bonus points then it's better than the FYF card right? As 15k points are easily equivalent to around 6k voucher.

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yesterday I called AmEx customer care regarding any upgrade offers on my MRCC card. They told me that it can be upgraded to Platinum travel, however joining fees needs to paid and in return I'll get 15k bonus points as welcome benefit (pretty weird because on website it says 10k points). When I asked for FYF, he declined and suggested to wait for few weeks as AmEx referral is going to be resumed soon with better incentives. This is just the statement from his side and not an official confirmation though, but still I thought I'd share it with you guys. If you plan to apply for any AmEx card, you might wanna wait a few weeks so that you don't have to pay any joining fees.

Another question, if they actually plan to give me 15k bonus points then it's better than the FYF card right? As 15k points are easily equivalent to around 6k voucher.
yes unlike mrcc which is better to be taken on referral, for plat travel it is better to take directly due to the points we getting welcome benefit.. in mrcc you have benefit on renewal fees if taken on referral, not the case with plat travel.. so take plat travel directly without referral.. and once u have plat travel ask them to convert mrcc as life time free as companion card with plat travel.. i did the same.. they might not agree immediately, escalate if required

Hisoka

TF Ace
yes unlike mrcc which is better to be taken on referral, for plat travel it is better to take directly due to the points we getting welcome benefit.. in mrcc you have benefit on renewal fees if taken on referral, not the case with plat travel.. so take plat travel directly without referral.. and once u have plat travel ask them to convert mrcc as life time free as companion card with plat travel.. i did the same.. they might not agree immediately, escalate if required
Yeah I asked them to convert my AMEX into companion card. But they were not agreeing upon it. Might try escalating once I’ve the platinum travel with me

rohitnsync

TF Select
I asked the same question to customer care, the executive didn't provide any insight into the referral program. How certain/sure did your executive seemed about the upcoming referral program?

sachinvenga

TF Premier

@BestBanker please add more city’s and towns before this.

Last edited: