• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Au bank VKYC weird experience

asahi

TF Premier
Normally vkyc I got accustomed was: ask dob mail etc for verification & then show pan & aadhar then sign that’s it.
Au bank:
1.no matter what I’m not allowed to show Aadhar,
2.multiple times she keeps on repeating same questions even though i answered at the very 1st time, still she keep on asking same questions & i’ve to answer the same again & again
3.i’ve to explain clearly for What purpose I’m opening this account, i’ve to explain crystal clearly
4. She asked do i have any other bank accounts then i’ve to explain about them
5. She asked, me to show my house around for some reason
6. Biggest shocker: she questioned why I’m using iCloud mail instead of gmail. So i’ve to explain why I’m using iCloud mail to her instead of gmail, what the hell man.
7. She asked me where I’m working my salary my designation & also nature of work & my company field of work(it’s just savings account man)
8. Idk why but for some reason she keep on repeating don’t use this account for other reasons

9. She enquired whether i read terms & conditions of bank, how i got to know about Au bank
10. At last she shared a mail & asked me to give feedback about our interaction. I’ll definitely give once my account is opened

Believe it or not at no point its seemed like a account opening call, it seemed like i was being questioned for my life choices it’s seems more like a grilling

Last edited:
In my case for AU card physical verification at office has been done thrice and still not sure what will be the outcome, whether the ship with sail or sink. Have send a strong worded email to PNO not sure whether they really bother.

Never got any refusal for any bank's card in my 16 years CC journey.

Any suggestions, what else can be done.

In my case for AU card physical verification at office has been done thrice and still not sure what will be the outcome, whether the ship with sail or sink. Have send a strong worded email to PNO not sure whether they really bother.

Will keep you updated @S S V
At least you got physical office verification done.

For me, they didnt even visit my office and gave negative feedback two times for two different applications. Tell me now how you feel about it.
Very weird stuff from AU..

Last edited:
I have no words, even my in-laws didn't enquire so much before marriage 🤣
In spite of this, there is no guarantee..
This became weird stuff because AU bank relying on some cheap third party verification team..
That is where this weird thing stems from.

What I heard, the more visits they do for verification the more money they get..
Hence these repeat visits and repeat rejections

I have no words, even my in-laws didn't enquire so much before marriage 🤣
In spite of this, there is no guarantee..
This became weird stuff because AU bank relying on some cheap third party verification team..
That is where this weird thing stems from.

What I heard, the more visits they do for verification the more money they get..
Hence these repeat visits and repeat rejections

If my guess is right, for your 3 verifications the feedback of the agent would be something on these lines:
1) security didn't allow me I to the premises
2) customer not there but talked to colleagues
3) talked to customer very briefly because he was in a meeting and asked me to come later..
and God knows what else they can make up.

Remember for each visit he gets his money..

Can you imagine this actually might happen..

Normally vkyc I got accustomed was: ask dob mail etc for verification & then show pan & aadhar then sign that’s it.
Au bank:
1.no matter what I’m not allowed to show Aadhar,
2.multiple times she keeps on repeating same questions even though i answered at the very 1st time, still she keep on asking same questions & i’ve to answer the same again & again
3.i’ve to explain clearly for What purpose I’m opening this account, i’ve to explain crystal clearly
4. She asked do i have any other bank accounts then i’ve to explain about them
5. She asked, me to show my house around for some reason
6. Biggest shocker: she questioned why I’m using iCloud mail instead of gmail. So i’ve to explain why I’m using iCloud mail to her instead of gmail, what the hell man.
7. She asked me where I’m working my salary my designation & also nature of work & my company field of work(it’s just savings account man)
8. Idk why but for some reason she keep on repeating don’t use this account for other reasons

9. She enquired whether i read terms & conditions of bank, how i got to know about Au bank
10. At last she shared a mail & asked me to give feedback about our interaction. I’ll definitely give once my account is opened

Believe it or not at no point its seemed like a account opening call, it seemed like i was being questioned for my life choices it’s seems more like a grilling
You should have given her a tour of your house like Shivaji the Boss...with the wardrobe filled with kids clothes and jewellery and all the bells and whistles she might need in future after she moves in😁

Just wait for your first ever rejection from the great SFB AU..
Nothing else can be done
Yes, @S S V is right

Reactions: SSV
Back