• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Airtel Card cashback blunder.

Nubar

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I recently got Axis Airtel Card and on generation of statement, I realised that any bill payments done on Airtel App, be it Airtel bills or others, is being counted under 25% category. This means that there is no way to tap into Rs 500 monthly utility bill payment benefit as of now. :rolleyes:

Refer to the screenshot below. The only payment in this month was for my electricity bill of Rs 1595 and cashback shown is Rs 300 whereas it should have been Rs 159.5.

Screenshot 2022-04-18 at 4.27.54 PM.png

Fellow community members, I would request you to keep above in mind while getting this card or wait till Axis settles these reporting issues with Airtel.

Faced the same issue. First during elec bill payment Otp was coming but transaction was getting failed. Then tried LPG bill payment by manually putting the card details, it was successful. But when I am again trying to pay the elec bill it is showing "Card bin is blocked for payment." Any solution for this?

This card is the most problematic card I have ever seen.
Still card bin issue is not solved since three days nor OTP is coming at other merchant platforms. Can't recharge my primary number nor pay electricity bill.
Also have to fight for cashback issue with Axis for Zomato even now and then.

This card is the most problematic card I have ever seen.

💯

Also have to fight for cashback issue with Axis for Zomato even now and then.

For me, the very first statement had incorrect cashback. Wish I had never opted for this card. Could have easily opted for Neo card that is LTF and with some minimal cashbacks too. With this Airtel Axis card, I had to work my ass out to give the yearly fee of Rs.500+GST, only then I can think of getting any real CB for my own.

Visa variant is now giving AIRTEL Payments as merchant name instead of Airtel merchant on Airtel payments for 25% cashback. Also 25% cashback offer is not showing during card selection page. Again new tantrums have been started by Airtel to mess up with cashbacks.
AIRTEL PAYMENTS BANK L, GURGAON, IND

Will I get 10% cashback on this merchant?

Somebody please confirm what all bill payments are covered under the 10% category.

They say that electricity bill, water tax/bill, gas cylinder/bill are covered. Anything else?

Will third party mobile/DTH bills also be covered?

Back