• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Airtel Card cashback blunder.

Nubar

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I recently got Axis Airtel Card and on generation of statement, I realised that any bill payments done on Airtel App, be it Airtel bills or others, is being counted under 25% category. This means that there is no way to tap into Rs 500 monthly utility bill payment benefit as of now. :rolleyes:

Refer to the screenshot below. The only payment in this month was for my electricity bill of Rs 1595 and cashback shown is Rs 300 whereas it should have been Rs 159.5.

Screenshot 2022-04-18 at 4.27.54 PM.png

Fellow community members, I would request you to keep above in mind while getting this card or wait till Axis settles these reporting issues with Airtel.

its fixed now buddy . tired and tested ,
now you dont have to worry about the merchant name . You will get cashback in respective categories .
25% for airtel recharges / bill payments upto 300
10% for Electricity/ Water/ Gas util upto 300
10% for BB, Zomato , swiggy upto 500
Did you select the coupon code at Payment Page?

Same case with me, can you check by ordering gas (just to check whether its proceed for you after entering Card details). I am getting "Transaction failed due to technical issue
You can try with new interface they showing 10% Coupon Code At Payment Page select this option and try it you will get your CB

That's really great news. So it will work even if you accept personalise your experience screen and even if you get Airtel as merchant name everytime. Are you still getting final merchants as Airtel Gurgaon and Mumbai respectively for airtel bills and utilities?
What about non-airtel mobile recharge? Is it also coming into the 10% bucket now?

I applied on 22nd and got the card on 30th. I have activated the card through the axis app. However, I will say the integration with Airtel is very poor. On the airtel app, it is still showing the card is under review and come back to activate the card. RBL Zomato Classic credit card integration in Zomato app is remarkable and transparent.

I used the credit card to pay my postpaid bill today. While payment we need to choose the offer on the payment page which says 25% off for the airtel axis card. I chose and it asked for card details. After entering the first 6 digits of the card, the offer was removed and got the error - "offer applicable on airtel axis bank credit cards. you can proceed without offer." The app is not recognizing the credit card. However, I reapplied the offer and kept entering the card detail and made the payment as I can raise a dispute later for this. Anyone else also faced the same problem? Is there any way around?

I also used the option to save the card details during the payment but can't see the card in their payment methods page.

Attachments

• FntAzewaEAItVyY.jpg
    FntAzewaEAItVyY.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 22
I applied on 22nd and got the card on 30th. I have activated the card through the axis app. However, I will say the integration with Airtel is very poor. On the airtel app, it is still showing the card is under review and come back to activate the card. RBL Zomato Classic credit card integration in Zomato app is remarkable and transparent.

I used the credit card to pay my postpaid bill today. While payment we need to choose the offer on the payment page which says 25% off for the airtel axis card. I chose and it asked for card details. After entering the first 6 digits of the card, the offer was removed and got the error - "offer applicable on airtel axis bank credit cards. you can proceed without offer." The app is not recognizing the credit card. However, I reapplied the offer and kept entering the card detail and made the payment as I can raise a dispute later for this. Anyone else also faced the same problem? Is there any way around?

I also used the option to save the card details during the payment but can't see the card in their payment methods page.
I also received my Airtel Axis Card today. I m facing same issue. in Airtel Thanks app after applying coupon when I put card numbers coupon is getting removed with same error message. And in app card is still not showing. Getting error 'we're having difficulty connecting'

Attachments

• image_picker4649766136674043478.jpg
    image_picker4649766136674043478.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 23
I also received my Airtel Axis Card today. I m facing same issue. in Airtel Thanks app after applying coupon when I put card numbers coupon is getting removed with same error message. And in app card is still not showing. Getting error 'we're having difficulty connecting'
I got the solution. instead of applying coupon first need to enter card details and then apply coupon. then found Pay Now button disabled. Again I re-entered CVV and last few digits of card. then Get OTP button got enabled and made payment.

I got the solution. instead of applying coupon first need to enter card details and then apply coupon. then found Pay Now button disabled. Again I re-entered CVV and last few digits of card. then Get OTP button got enabled and made payment.
I also did the same and made the payment but my card details did not save on the airtel thanks app. Mine is the MasterCard version and earlier ppl got the Visa version. I guess this is the problem as the Airtel Thanks app does not recognize the card numbers as Airtel Axis Bank. Let's hope we get the cashback otherwise need to raise a dispute. Additionally, when I am clicking on the New Credit Card banner (from which I applied), I am getting a message that 'Thanks for the interest. We don't have any new cards for you right now.'. Earlier I was getting the application process number.

I also did the same and made the payment but my card details did not save on the airtel thanks app. Mine is the MasterCard version and earlier ppl got the Visa version. I guess this is the problem as the Airtel Thanks app does not recognize the card numbers as Airtel Axis Bank. Let's hope we get the cashback otherwise need to raise a dispute. Additionally, when I am clicking on the New Credit Card banner (from which I applied), I am getting a message that 'Thanks for the interest. We don't have any new cards for you right now.'. Earlier I was getting the application process number.
mine also mastercard varient and card not saved after payment.

its fixed now buddy . tired and tested ,
now you dont have to worry about the merchant name . You will get cashback in respective categories .
25% for airtel recharges / bill payments upto 300
10% for Electricity/ Water/ Gas util upto 300
10% for BB, Zomato , swiggy upto 500
Utility bill is also showing as airtel gurgaon after final settlement even after applying 10% coupon. Earlier it used to show as airtel Mumbai. I really doubt axis will give correct cashback
@pprakash11 @StanRoute66

Last edited:
My MasterCard varient cards first payment for Airtel postpaid bill settled now and states - RAZ*Airtel Payments Ba, GURGAON, IND. Does anyone have any idea on the same? Will I get 25% cashback for this transaction? I have not heard this settlement name before on this thread.

My MasterCard varient cards first payment for Airtel postpaid bill settled now and states - RAZ*Airtel Payments Ba, GURGAON, IND. Does anyone have any idea on the same? Will I get 25% cashback for this transaction? I have not heard this settlement name before on this thread.
Maybe no you didn't receive Cashback for the transaction
Did you choose coupon code?

I have heard about razor pay injecting *raz* in merchant code which voids any cashback for any card related to that merchant.

While making payment I chose the offer on the payment page which says 25% off for the airtel axis card. The page refreshed and asked for card details. After entering the first 6 digits of the card, the page again refreshed and the offer was removed and got the error - "offer applicable on airtel axis bank credit cards. you can proceed without offer." The app is not recognizing the credit card. However, I reapplied the offer and kept entering the card detail, and made the payment.

Back