• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Airtel Card cashback blunder.

Nubar

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I recently got Axis Airtel Card and on generation of statement, I realised that any bill payments done on Airtel App, be it Airtel bills or others, is being counted under 25% category. This means that there is no way to tap into Rs 500 monthly utility bill payment benefit as of now. :rolleyes:

Refer to the screenshot below. The only payment in this month was for my electricity bill of Rs 1595 and cashback shown is Rs 300 whereas it should have been Rs 159.5.

Screenshot 2022-04-18 at 4.27.54 PM.png

Fellow community members, I would request you to keep above in mind while getting this card or wait till Axis settles these reporting issues with Airtel.

pjain2712

TF Premier

Check this post, I have given a picture of my statement. It shows AIRTELMUMBAIIN
I am referring to merchant name on the OTP page while booking.. it would be different from what shows in statement.

pjain2712

TF Premier
For recharge, merchant name should be "AIRTEL" in caps on the OTP page

For bill payment, merchant name should be "APBLUTIL" in caps on the OTP page
What if we get AIRTEL merchant name for Gas Booking? We will get cashback in 25% category? And the cashback percentage is solely depending on these 2 merchant names only?

prc1990

TF Legend
What if we get AIRTEL merchant name for Gas Booking? We will get cashback in 25% category? Is this issue still happening?
Logically Yes.

Merchant Name "AIRTEL" is mapped to cashback: 25%

Merchant Name "APBLUTIL" is mapped to cashback: 10%

I'm not sure if there are other eligible merchant name/codes mapped to either of these two categories.

P.S. Haven't tested it personally as I don't own this card but this is what my understanding is based on what people reported so far.

isunil1612

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Which issue? 10% utility payments getting 25% due to merchant code as AIRTEL?
Axis credited more than 1200 INR as cash back in previous month, and few days ago posted one debit transaction for claiming back cash back amount. Have raised query with the Bank to understand the reason, but looks like whatever glitch they had with the calculations of cash back is now sorted.

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family
Axis has posted Cashback Debit transactions also, possibly they have realised the issue
1662611560291.png

Even for me not sure for what they are deducting.. I have support team they are saying there is no description mentioned in system..I initially assumed it's only for me

Which issue? 10% utility payments getting 25% due to merchant code as AIRTEL?
No that might not be the issue..

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family
This card is a total mess.. I spoke to CC and we dig the records ..On 8th august due to glitch they had issued both June and July cashback together cash back earned in june given twice once in July 14 and august 8th now they have adjusted the extra amount with September cashback which was supposed to be given for august transaction.

So for many August cashback to be posted before 12 of september will be negative :(

i paid 125 debit cashback

AllSeeker

TF Ace
This card is a total mess.. I spoke to CC and we dig the records ..On 8th august due to glitch they had issued both June and July cashback together cash back earned in june given twice once in July 14 and august 8th now they have adjusted the extra amount with September cashback which was supposed to be given for august transaction.

So for many August cashback to be posted before 12 of september will be negative :(

i paid 125 debit cashback
I can confirm, this matches my cashback calculation.

Axis need to get their act together.