• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Business Class Tickets on Vistara via Vouchers and CV Points

abhishek0882

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi All,

I understand from discussions on this platform that there is a quota of 2 business class award seats on every flight in Vistara. My question is, we are a family of 4 (my parents, wife and me). I have 3 business class vouchers, 2 one class upgrade vouchers and enough CV points for atleast 1 business class ticket. Is there any way that all 4 of us can travel by paying no/least amount for the 4 tickets (apart from taxes ofcourse)?

Solution
Vistara CC for Gold/Platinum members are really good. So far no complaints.

Vistara has only 2 Biz class seats for redemptions (domestic)- CV/ Voucher. But one can always reach airport a bit early and see if any vacant seats are available and upgrade using Vouchers if available. Hope it clarifies. Just keep in mind, if the route is busy one like Del-Mum, then 90% sure you will not get any vacant seats.

NikunjP

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You can book more than 2 business class but PNR no will be different. Confirmed with customer service.

One class upgrade voucher is useless. Most of the time seats are not available for upgrade.

abhishek0882

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Confirmed with customer service.
In my experience of dealing with customer service of different companies, I have always found you can never take their word for it. Until and unless you have actually done the transaction, realised the benefit, have seen the promise fulfilled, you can never be sure. Haven't dealt with Vistara cc as yet, but I am sure the same will be the case with them as well. CC service varies greatly from executive to executive. One finds wonderful service through some executive in a crappy company, sometimes a company with usually great customer service may ruin your experience if you have the bad luck of reaching a terrible executive. So at the end, the proof of the pudding can only be in the eating.

manzb

TF Premier

Vistara has only 2 Biz class seats for redemptions (domestic)- CV/ Voucher. But one can always reach airport a bit early and see if any vacant seats are available and upgrade using Vouchers if available. Hope it clarifies. Just keep in mind, if the route is busy one like Del-Mum, then 90% sure you will not get any vacant seats.

Solution

Cardmarvel

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You can book more than 2 business class but PNR no will be different. Confirmed with customer service.

One class upgrade voucher is useless. Most of the time seats are not available for upgrade.
We used 2 business class vouchers to buy business class tickets and CV points to buy 2 economy tickets (because they would only give 2 business class tickets). But we were able to upgrade 1 economy to business using 2 upgrade vouchers. She didn’t upgrade second economy ticket for some reason such as the passenger was not added to nominee list already

manzb

TF Premier
Nominee can be added instantly using app/ web. Not sure whether it is essential as I don't remember when I first upgraded my family members more than a year back.
We used 2 business class vouchers to buy business class tickets and CV points to buy 2 economy tickets (because they would only give 2 business class tickets). But we were able to upgrade 1 economy to business using 2 upgrade vouchers. She didn’t upgrade second economy ticket for some reason such as the passenger was not added to nominee list already

What I did was book 2 adults one way in business and coming back other 2 adults.. as I was unable to get more award seats in business
Recently I did same. Got easily upgraded for 3rd seat to business class

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Hi All,

I understand from discussions on this platform that there is a quota of 2 business class award seats on every flight in Vistara. My question is, we are a family of 4 (my parents, wife and me). I have 3 business class vouchers, 2 one class upgrade vouchers and enough CV points for atleast 1 business class ticket. Is there any way that all 4 of us can travel by paying no/least amount for the 4 tickets (apart from taxes ofcourse)?
Risky approach but one can upgrade at the counter by giving the upgrade voucher during check-in but a lot depends on availability.