• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

credit card help

batman07

TF Buzz
hello guys, so I am 21 rn. When I was 19 I had onecard fd based (22k limit), paisabazaar step up card (15k limit), then after using them for one year i closed them. Then I got paytm postpaid offer so I used it but closed after few months because of the charges but I had 10 rupees pending which was not showing while closing and my postpaid was still active but my access to it was closed. Like my paytm account was deleted but postpaid was active and after a few months got a call from aditya finance and tehy ased me to pay 50 rupees after which they closed my paytm postpaid account and give me noc too. But it got as default payment due to which my cibil went down. So pls suggest me how can I improve my cibil score and get credit card. Currently I am holding kotak fd card with 25k limit and how can I get it unsecured and upgraded. Also I have savings account in hdfc and sbi too. I want a premium credit card. Sbi is offering me sbi prime against fd of 1 lakh and hdfc is giving freedom which is a basic card. Which premium card can I get for a fd of 1 lakh.

U can't get premium card directly. U have to climb the ladder gradually in a year or two..

Other banks who easily approve cards. Axis cobranded cards (fk, fc+ etc) icici apay, icici platinum(very easy), idfc(if serviceable).

U can also consider apay later, spend under 100 rs and pay on time to improve score

U can't get premium card directly. U have to climb the ladder gradually in a year or two..

Other banks who easily approve cards. Axis cobranded cards (fk, fc+ etc) icici apay, icici platinum(very easy), idfc(if serviceable).

U can also consider apay later, spend under 100 rs and pay on time to improve score
my cibil is 730 exact and i applied for all the cards u mentioned sbi, axis co branded and icici apay even icici platinum but unfortunately all rejected

my cibil is 730 exact and i applied for all the cards u mentioned sbi, axis co branded and icici apay even icici platinum but unfortunately all rejected
Cibil needs to be Atleast 750+ these days.. Wait for some time. I think because of too many applications cibil might hv not picked up..if you want a card badly, then you can easily get icici platinum fd based & kotak dream different fd based. Kick out one card

It will be tough to find good card which offer international lounge access with just 1 lakhs FD IMO.
I am being offered sbi prime and sbi elite for fd of min of 50k for prime and 1.25 for elite. Both have domestic and international lounges. I am currently holding kotak fd card but its of no use to be honest nor they upgrade t, any recommendation on how to use it to get a upgrade plus I have applied for sbi prime fd based of 63k so I get a limit of 50k, lets hope I get it also how much should I use my card if its listed as secured and unsecured both situatuions to improve my cibil.

If you hold fd card in kotak then you won't get any preapproved offer for unsecured card in kotak.. Use fd card to only improve score that too if you're not getting any other unsecured card.
@Batmanbaba

hello guys, so I am 21 rn. When I was 19 I had onecard fd based (22k limit), paisabazaar step up card (15k limit), then after using them for one year i closed them. Then I got paytm postpaid offer so I used it but closed after few months because of the charges but I had 10 rupees pending which was not showing while closing and my postpaid was still active but my access to it was closed. Like my paytm account was deleted but postpaid was active and after a few months got a call from aditya finance and tehy ased me to pay 50 rupees after which they closed my paytm postpaid account and give me noc too. But it got as default payment due to which my cibil went down. So pls suggest me how can I improve my cibil score and get credit card. Currently I am holding kotak fd card with 25k limit and how can I get it unsecured and upgraded. Also I have savings account in hdfc and sbi too. I want a premium credit card. Sbi is offering me sbi prime against fd of 1 lakh and hdfc is giving freedom which is a basic card. Which premium card can I get for a fd of 1 lakh.
Do transaction on hdfc to get ur first unsecured cc .
Don't worry cibil will be ok .only thing u gonna miss is amex cc.
Else 98-99% is ok .
U already did so many fd card but from wrong lenders but thats ok .

See if u wanna do fd & take out money & use it & then pay month & repeat .

Better take idfc first wow cc .
Just withdraw using atm with 250+ gst charges 😁.

Else open digi youth Savin account in hdfc 2500 maitance.
U will get Millniea fyf dc .
Add 40k from dc to Paytm wallet after 3 month u will receive 400 monthly for free 😂

In hdfc ..in any quater if u maintain 10-15* of ur avg mab .u will receive cc pre approved next quarter 💪
Focus on hdfc

Keep using kotak.
Tell them to give u rupay card or unsecured card after 6 month ..
If ur area is serviable they will give u accordingly to eligibility

First focus on improving on your cibil, rather than applying for new card and getting rejected. This will lower your cibil and chance of getting a card would be even lower.
No cibil hit for next 6 months, all payment on time. Then search for new card based on your requirement.

Let me share you my experience as I am 21 year and 1 month right now, I have
Onecard Fd 51k (Dec 15,2021)
Hdfc Money-back plus 53k (May 2023)
Axis neo rupay 15k (Axis Flipkart closed)(Dec 15,2022)
Icici Apay 1.20k ( Dec 15,2023)
Icici coral rupay 1.65k (Jan 13,2024)
SBI Cashback 1.07k (Dec 15,2023)
Au lit 50k (Jan 14,2024)

Let me share you my experience as I am 21 year and 1 month right now, I have
Onecard Fd 51k (Dec 15,2021)
Hdfc Money-back plus 53k (May 2023)
Axis neo rupay 15k (Axis Flipkart closed)(Dec 15,2022)
Icici Apay 1.20k ( Dec 15,2023)
Icici coral rupay 1.65k (Jan 13,2024)
SBI Cashback 1.07k (Dec 15,2023)
Au lit 50k (Jan 14,2024)
Icici apay 1.20k 🤔🤔

Broo really I have 🥹,I got it on my birthday
It's so simple I did a fd with 50k and applied for fd Platinum on 9th dec 2023 with a hope that I get apay C2C but I get it without any income documents also I have account with icici which I opened with 95k deposit

Back