• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Bank Marriott Bonvoy Credit Card Launched

Update my card is here after getting initially rejected on the one card policy grounds. I have DCB LTF, Tata Neu Infinity LTF and Swiggy cards from HDFC already.
And I already plan to use the 15000 bonus points for one night stay at Courtyard Marriot Shillong during the upcoming world cup games.

Last edited:
Can you confirm the list of eligible lounges? Absent on product page
No idea the welcome letter just mentions 12 each domestic and intl lounge accesses. Tbh I don't bother much about that my DCB and priority pass with Magnus already offer unlimited lounge access.

That's true. But since they reduced diners privilege eligible lounges, asked to know if there's a possibility of dcb following the same.

That's true. But since they reduced diners privilege eligible lounges, asked to know if there's a possibility of dcb following the same.
No idea I rarely use DCB, mostly only when I have a guest with me. Else my go to is Magnus and it's priority pass while swiping for lounges both in India and abroad. But I plan to cancel my Magnus next statement cycle then I might use DCB more for lounge as it's LTF for me.

Is the credit limit mentioned in the welcome letter same as that of your DCB?
Yes it's shared but for a week it will be limited to 5000, the usual drill, in welcome letter shows 5000 but on netbanking and mycard shows the same shared limit as my DCB. It's same with any other HDFC Cobranded card Neu, Swiggy, Paytm etc.

Also any clarity on the T&C which says you can receive only 10 elite nights per year even if you have more than one card or card account including cards issued by other banks.

Does this mean getting Amex plat charge or if ICICI launches a new card that deposits more than 10 elite nights will this benefit won’t pass on the same member account as they mentioned other bank cards as well ?
No what they mean by 10 Elite night credits is, you get silver when you accrue 10 nights in a year. So with this card you start with silver (with 10 Elite night credits) so if you are able to stay another 15 nights in a year you can unlock the gold status. You don't need to stay 25 nights for gold status to kick in with this card.

I activated the card day before yesterday but still havent received any marriott benefits. I know it mentions 10 working days though. But my concern is memership id was not asked

Received revert from HDFC on credit limit and Marriott membership (as not provided during application):

For floater cards an initial credit limit of 5000 is provided to your card account, however, this limit will be changed in 5 working days' time.

If you have not provided his/her Membership Number, then they may be automatically enrolled and will receive a new Membership Number. There is a 30-day waiting period to merge accounts and the new Marriott Bonvoy Membership Number will be the customer's primary account. To understand, the process for merging accounts, search “Marriott Bonvoy merge accounts”. Learn how to merge your two Marriott Bonvoy accounts here: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22511 or https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article22511.

Hi , just thought of sharing my experience. They initially rejected mentioning one card policy. Then sent mail to grievance redressal asking for reconsideration and they said they aren't able to process additional card due to internal criteria. Today got SMS asking to set pin on card ending with 4 digits. Since they were new digits checked the application status again and it shows approved.

initially when I applied for this card, was rejected, tried today now shows approved. getting second thoughts about taking this card just for 1 night of free stuff. I don't have any plans to use this card at all as there are much better card reward rate cards available.

Applied through online link it was rejected, raise the issue on twitter and via preferred banking mail id
still they are not considering.
They are saying as per bank policy and other factors it cannot be issued now

Anyone got marriott benefits yet?
Hi yes it is showing silver status and 10 night credits in Marriott app but haven’t checked the free night award
I haven’t provided any Marriott membership ID during application but have same mobile number and email address

Hi yes it is showing silver status and 10 night credits in Marriott app but haven’t checked the free night award
I haven’t provided any Marriott membership ID during application but have same mobile number and email address
Ok when did you activate your card?

Back