• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia HDFC Infinia "requesting" 1.5 lakhs spend per month?

this is correct..
On my laptop, when I see with my nomral white background.. I can't see... like below:

View attachment 56991

But when I select the text, it appears..

View attachment 56992

Your satisfaction is of utmost priority! For any questions or assistance, please feel free to reach out to us at 18002663310.​
Warm regards,​
HDFC Bank​
Terms and conditions apply | Unsubscribe.
URJ_19666-Infinia-Low-Spender​

ADKq_NaIURslbxVuEFNQ1pzJ9w6I1Lx2Ey6tYxxAGD7YrRSCJxcqgdxn4m6xvRthlmnUj5YbtFvVOOepmtdSW7NtkxP6mOJKdDLKKiBWubsQmLWZCCTqJEwdKaAjXUSRwQvYkqZlit1MF7Ghy8vrjP-lFMDOL2-oSTso-pHt_ko5TwZijcKkamvrfpx3bME-nKFlWPDg_EnV06HOinmYX0CXneXS8k_puA8eQM5-LPEaUs0za3R2fEhx4DmM5-FXQlztcp9Lsf64NiTS-A=s0-d-e1-ft
Mine is already on Dark mode and still not visible.

Guys, I just had a chat with my RM...
As I suspected, in my first post.. it is just a general informative messge to remind us to spend on this..
He doesn't have any information at hand about this 1.5L threshold..
So it is not known within HDFC inner circle itself...

DOnt worry guys, my first feel is that , it is just a normal reminder...
Someone is gonna get axed soon at HDFC as unlike Axis HDFC is quite intolerant with such mess (having receive RBI shafting multiple times)

Not sure if its a warning or just a request 🤔…...

There is a logical reason to choose 1.5 lakhs and not 1 lakh per month.
1.5 lakhs is chosen because that is the threshold over which Magnus Burgundy gives 14% return on all spends excluding Traveledge, Grabdeals, Giftedge and 7 excluded categories

👉 What will happen if this much spend is not done ?
Can they downgrade the card??

Last edited:
Looks like HDFC mass-emailed every Infinia customer. Their "request" to spend 18L annually is weird considering their fee reversal criteria on spends is 10L. Either way, what's the next best card? Just in case, HDFC decides to existing Infinia customers.

Not sure if its a warning or just a request 🤔…...

1.5 lakhs is chosen because that is the threshold over which Magnus Burgundy gives 14% return on all spends excluding Traveledge, Grabdeals, Giftedge and 7 excluded categories

👉 What will happen if this much spend is not done ?
Can they downgrade the card??
Please dont compare 🪓 to any Bank .. Thanks..

Looks like HDFC mass-emailed every Infinia customer. Their "request" to spend 18L annually is weird considering their fee reversal criteria on spends is 10L. Either way, what's the next best card? Just in case, HDFC decides to existing Infinia customers.
Infinia Reserve !!;)

Got this email 5 days ago... No mention of spends ...... As usual I ignored

img_358b2b9e33a4-1-jpeg.56994
it at that time

Attachments

• IMG_358B2B9E33A4-1.jpeg
    IMG_358B2B9E33A4-1.jpeg
    223.1 KB · Views: 495
further clarity on this is required.
maybe the benefits gets tied to 1.5L monthly spending from now on
  • It may become similar to spend requirement for lounge access that's happening across banks. Banks used to keep the top cards like DCB, Infinia, Yes Private, ICICI Emerald away from such devaluations but it looks like things are changing
  • On a broad level, it seems the products are being designed by the marketing people who are not able to walk the talk (lower revenue than expected) and hence the devaluation
  • Since they don't want to close cards for non/low-revenue generating customer, they devalue the card by reducing reward value and benefits, and create a new card allowing revenue generating janta to "upgrade". HDFC has been doing this for a decade

Well then 100% sure this is an error. Why would HDFC tag some ppl with 1.5 lakh as avg annual spends as low spenders? Also why 3 categories of emails? Very wierd.
See what must have happened : ( according to my sixth sense ;) )

1) HDFC decided to send all their infinia users an email stating that how good Infinia is and how much rewarding it is to spend on this card..
2) It seems there may be less spending observed lately.. to give a pat on every Infinia users and tell them to spend, spend and spend to get these rewards ....
3) While sending these emails: they must have categorised all infina users in to some 2 , 3, or 4 or whatever categories m, puerlu for their internal puroposes..

4) because the body of the email has to vary depeding upon the category, this email content has to be tagged with category name , for technical purposes..
5) Some supposed tob a smart techie must have said, okay let us hide the category by matching the backgeound with text color.. but he /she must had forgetten that the text could be visible by contrast background and / or copy pasting..

So , in all likelihood , it is not of a major concern as of now for the users, just a storm in a Tea cup...
Relax guys and have drink (of your choice !! )...

Enjoy life.. that is more important...
Have fun...

Just spoke to customer care and they confirmed that we need to spend 1.5L to avail INFIANA benefits mentioned in the mail but they are not sure when it will be effective from. I reminded them of the RBI rule and they disconnected the call

Last edited:
Just spoke to customer care and they confirmed that we need to spend 1.5L to avail INFIANA benefits mentioned in the mail but they are not sure when it will be effective from. I reminded them of the RBI rule if they disconnected the call
tough day to be at office

Just spoke to customer care and they confirmed that we need to spend 1.5L to avail INFIANA benefits mentioned in the mail but they are not sure when it will be effective from. I reminded them of the RBI rule if they disconnected the call
Dont stress guys,

so according to your CC guy/gal .. we need to spend 1.5L pm to access lounges ??( which was mentioned as a benefit in the email)

Just chill.. CC guys are not at all reliable , no matter which ever bank you deal with..

Chillax !!

Last edited:
Just my view,

Every 4th person is nowadays getting an Infinia as it seems HDFC has relaxed a lot of criteria to get Infinia (maybe bank realized they've given too many infinia cards to even customers who won't spend much and would just use their card for lounge access and hardly give hdfc any business/ profit), they expect users to spend around 10lakhs+ per year and not just keep it as a souvenir (usually to get upgraded to Infinia person holding regalia is also expected to spend 8Lakhs+)and since many people are not spending, banks thought of sending a mail to decide course of action later if many users fail to do so.

Last edited:
They don't know sh*t. You would've recited that email and they made up this sh*t using 69% of their brain power.

Bloody hell. 1.5L / month?

Their own caps on RPs are 45k for hotels and 90k for flights / month. Can't buy more than 20k Amazon vouchers. Why should we spend more?

Back