• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Marriott Bonvoy Surprised Gift

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Got a surprised gift from HDFC Bank today.

IMG-20240503-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20240503-WA0013.jpg

It's a tag8 device. Never heard of this before today. Its a QR based tracking system for your luggage.

Since im not at home, haven't tested it yet. Have anyone else here got this gift from HDFC ?

Its actually a nice surprise. Has been 4 months now that I have used the free night already. So this is a late surprise. Share your story.

(Excuse me for bad quality images, my neighbor accepted the courier and took quick pics to show whats inside the envelop).

Looks like the did late in adding your welcome benefits, and then you convert the cc to ltf. And according to their TnCs, you are now not eligible for the welcome benefits.

They are the bank, they can change the TnCs according to their needs, not according to customer's needs.

Anyways, login to your marriott bonvoy acc and see if they added the free night ? You should be elite member with 10 elite nights awarded also.

Looks like the did late in adding your welcome benefits, and then you convert the cc to ltf. And according to their TnCs, you are now not eligible for the welcome benefits.

They are the bank, they can change the TnCs according to their needs, not according to customer's needs.

Anyways, login to your marriott bonvoy acc and see if they added the free night ? You should be elite member with 10 elite nights awarded also.
I am silver elite member but there are no points. And yeah they can change t&c, but I have email from them which said do first payment and free night will be added. It must be worth my case?

I dont see any actual benefits turning this cc to ltf. The paid welcome benefits of 10 elite nights + silver elite membership + 1 free night is more than 5 times the annual fees.
They gave me half benifits

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240619-231334.png
    Screenshot_20240619-231334.png
    44.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20240619-231058.png
    Screenshot_20240619-231058.png
    49.5 KB · Views: 21
I am silver elite member but there are no points. And yeah they can change t&c, but I have email from them which said do first payment and free night will be added. It must be worth my case?
There is no free points rewards.

You are silve elite status membership - good.

Check if you got 10 elite nights award under accounts - lifetime status ? And 1 free nights award in your account ?

1000080309.jpg

There is no free points rewards.

You are silve elite status membership - good.

Check if you got 10 elite nights award under accounts - lifetime status ? And 1 free nights award in your account ?

View attachment 58015
I have silver elite status so there are 10 nights added. And these were done immediately when the card was dispatched. But when I made first payment. And waited for 21 days. T&C were changed between those 21 days and didn't get 15k points

I have silver elite status so there are 10 nights added. And these were done immediately when the card was dispatched. But when I made first payment. And waited for 21 days. T&C were changed between those 21 days and didn't get 15k points
I fought for 3 months before, cause they were late adding the 10 elite nights and yr end was closing soon. I was one of the early members and they messed up the form and got me new membership and they told me to use the new membership to get points. So i merge and deleted the old membership of many yrs. Now they do things quickly.

Regarding those 21days when the rules had changed, nothing can be done i suppose, you can escalate this to pno and try your luck.

Since you’re using the Marriott Bonvoy card from November just wanted to know whether is it worth for 3k fee?
I have Regalia card and tata neu i am not sure i will get this 3rd card
I am just usin it as of now for 10 nights plus managed 15 award nights last year. So got to gold. Only got upgraded twice as gold. Once to balcony room and second time on my birthday to junior suite. Courtyard Bangkok was least bothered no upgrades. Used 15 k certificate plus 10 k points at itc grand chola Chennai 2 weeks ago. They Recognised gold late checkout at 4 pm, gave free breakfast. No upgrades. It’s Worth 3000 plus 10000 points. Breakfast itself would be expensive. So I guess it’s good.
I would use the physical card to pay at Marriott onLy to get card points plus gold bonus points but have Magnus burgundy and atlas so end up using those

You got your answer here 👆 :)

I used the 2x elite nights offer, got myself to gold also, with the free 10 elite nights with this card.

Plus, i used the cc and wife's addon cc for 6x times (12 total), at international lounges already.

So YES, the card is worth for me. It solely depends on what your needs are.

Offtopic question,
I had got this card sometime around fy start, didn't activate it so got blocked from bank's end, is there any way to "unblock" or get the card again without going through the whole re application process, it still shows as blocked card in mycards.

Offtopic question,
I had got this card sometime around fy start, didn't activate it so got blocked from bank's end, is there any way to "unblock" or get the card again without going through the whole re application process, it still shows as blocked card in mycards.
Beyond 31 days, I guess you cannot re-activate it. Once talk to your RM or if you're holding premium banking services you can reach out to respective desks.

Reactions: tbk
You got your answer here 👆 :)

I used the 2x elite nights offer, got myself to gold also, with the free 10 elite nights with this card.

Plus, i used the cc and wife's addon cc for 6x times (12 total), at international lounges already.

So YES, the card is worth for me. It solely depends on what your needs are.
For 3500 card + Diners Network Lounges (No spend based access), A very good card. + If we are continuously travelling to Marriott Properties offline swiping using this card at reception for F&B gives decent reward rate. Milestones are waste though.

For 3500 card + Diners Network Lounges (No spend based access), A very good card. + If we are continuously travelling to Marriott Properties offline swiping using this card at reception for F&B gives decent reward rate. Milestones are waste though.
Agree.. But I end up using Atlas even at Marriott properties. This will change now, thanks to Olympus.

Reactions: BVC
Back